Mending the Rift - Are we revisiting Kino and Der Reise?

I can't believe I didn't remember this when I first heard it but after analyzing the Die Rise cut scene for a while to try and find some things to post about I've finally made a possible link between Die Rise and Der Riese/Kino.

Note: A big thankyou goes to Shooter for compiling the storyline into one easily accessible thread which you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=28818

I believe the next level may be an updated version of Kino, trying to trace the O4's footsteps in reverse order back to Der Reise, here's why:

Shortly after Richtofen takes the group back to Der Riese they end up fighting hordes of zombies as per usual, and upon leaving Richtofen fires a Wunderwaffe shot that accidentally makes the MDT capable of time travel.

If anyone else here is a science fiction fan then they may pick up on this before I even get to explain my point. In every science fiction Movie/TV show I have ever watched, in order to time travel it is required that a hole is made in the space-time continuum.

This hole in space-time continuum could be the rift that Richtofen (or the "voice", for the benefit of those who believe Richtofen is repeating what the voice says) is talking about.

[Another theory of mine is that the orbs could be miniature rips]

Look familiar? to me this image looks similar to the energy beams we see whilst using the teleporter.

The background for this looks similar to what we are actually in transit in the teleporter.

Now for the Die Rise loading screen that leads me to believe that we may be visiting Kino again.

See that in the bottom right corner? Looks a bit like a super 8 reel to me, more specifically, this;

A better view of a super 8 reel:

My final, but not strong, piece of "evidence" suggesting we are visiting Kino again is that Treyarch randomly bought back the Crawlers and enhanced their abilities, the first place we saw these was in Kino.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 1:

I played a few games in Der Riese, I never noticed the pad at the mainframe had a huge freakout whenever I had a pack a punch weapon equipped after teleporting. Linking the pads also had a similar (but much less violent) effect on the pad. When traveling with a normal weapon effect seemed to not happen at all.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beleive the rift is the emmence amount of sheer energy released from heat, kinetic, and life force when the bombs dropped...

I did a theory a while back about solar waves possibly ripping the earth into peices due to the sun being supercharged by this energy feild... It's also possible that if the events of tranzit and die rise arnt too far past the events of moon and nuketown, that when the earth revolves around the sun, the enrgy feild can be used to send the earth back in time to change history! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I beleive the rift is the emmence amount of sheer energy released from heat, kinetic, and life force when the bombs dropped...

I did a theory a while back about solar waves possibly ripping the earth into peices due to the sun being supercharged by this energy feild... It's also possible that if the events of tranzit and die rise arnt too far past the events of moon and nuketown, that when the earth revolves around the sun, the enrgy feild can be used to send the earth back in time to change history! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Not a bad theory!

Another thing that makes me think Kino is a possible area is that there was that spire there when we noclipped out the map, maybe we'll have more freedom if we re-visit it! I'd love to see that map return with the song 115 again! :D

I'm still interested in seeing HAARP make an actual appearance sometime.

Now for the Die Rise loading screen that leads me to believe that we may be visiting Kino again.

See that in the bottom right corner? Looks a bit like a super 8 reel to me, more specifically, this;

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm quite certain that the bottom image is in fact Earth. It has the shattered image to display a "Broken World" kind of idea.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm quite certain that the bottom image is in fact Earth. It has the shattered image to display a "Broken World" kind of idea.

He meant the bottom right corner of the loading screen, where tha page its ripped out

What? I know that looks like earth, I was on about the right hand side.. not the left..

• 2 weeks later...

If we do return to Kino, we better see it how it looked in the concept art images. Looked a lot creepier and awesome.

I reckon if we do go back to Kino then it's gonna be 10x more epic than before! And maybe this time we might actually find out what's ripping down the cieling!

Maybe will get a map called "Eternity", in which we are stuck inbetween four time frames: Post apocalypse kino, post apocalypse der reise (rebuilt), circa apocalypse Eiffle, and circa-pre apocalypse zeppelin...

Post kino- pretty average place, not exactly like kino, not NEERLY as big, and this time you start off in spawn (kino) but are then met with destroyed stairs and a blocked arch... If you travel to where that first window is (where you can actually see zombie's entering the building) you can open up the barrier and continue outside and around the outside, to the wooden gate next to double tap (not avaible here btw) if you open that and then crawl under the wire fence, you can reach the upper level of post kino... Here you can get out onto the roof from what used to be the wall opposet the meteor... You can then fall down onto the burning rafters of the kino stage and then again to the now-leveled-compleatly floor... Here you can buy jug, but the power isn't on yet so... No... If you try to use the teleporter it won't work, but if you find the satilite dish peice you can build it into the teleporter so it will then take you to....

Post der reise- here your dropped into teleporter A I beleive (left of the main frame), and then can work your way to the power switch which doesn't work... Then you can make your way to the furnace, which will lead you up to the bridge, from there your just a hop skip and a jump away from the tower... If you throw grenades at the tower or into the furnace, they will be sent up into the clock tower and wreak it... Causing the clock to fall into the mainframe disrupting time-flow... You can then enter a portal in the furnace to be teleported to...

Circa-Zepplin: Your on a MASSIVE floating ballon-ship compleat with tennis courts and zombie gardens! This is the time of the bombs... As you arive you can hear radio transitions of moon events... Like in nuketown... You can make your way through the Zepplin to the pilot's bridge, and I should add this Zepplin is HUGE, even zombies can rise from the ground from their garden area... Eventually you can hit the power switch from below the bridge room and all the power throughout the four time zones will activate... You can then teleport to the next area:

Post apocalyptic Eiffle tower: Obviously this is the spire where you can build the Nav card table, this is also where you can scale the tower, but not go outside the base of it... Sad... The tower is bent at a really odd angle and can actually be slidden down to a single house with a secret basement... In that bacement is an "five" style teleporter that will take you back to kino!

The Easter egg will be reversed this time, as while Samule can hear richtofen at anytime, maxis, or samanthia rather, can only be heard from the Zepplin area before the apocalypse... And only by Samule... So make sure sam is in the right place at the right time to do samanthia's side...

Also this isn't a very good map prediction... I myself REALLY don't want to pay an extra 15$ to play kino and der reise again... But you all look like you'd enjoy this idea so..., here ya go...