All map name translations. Do they mean anything?

Der Riese does mean "The Giant"

Die Reise means "The Journey"

Trust me, I'm half German and punishing myself with it at GCSE level. Our latest speaking assessment was about Die Reise :(

But the name of the map is der riese not der reise

so its "the giant" Right?

Correct you are sir! I was just trying to highlight the OP's mistake :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem, 'bout to blow y'alls minds here.

Die Rise, like TranZit, is the game mode. A Great Leap Forward is the map name.

That being said. In the first game (WaW) the maps were named exactly as what they were in the language of the country they take place. Verruckt: Crazy, or alternatively Asylum, takes place in an asylum. Simple enough. Kino continued that trend being in a Cinema and Five relating to Defcon 5. Ascension throws me at first but then I realized all of the DLC had English names (Shangri-La is a word based on a couple of slang words in Tibetan, however it was coined by an English author)

Finally, it seems as though the newest Maps are named after events in history that take place in the countries in which they occurred.

mind not blown since great leap forward or skyscraper because if you click DIE RISE it goes to a sub map with it not being called great leap forward it being called skyscrapers

That's like saying that TranZit or Green Run should be called Bus Depot because that's what you have to click on.

Ahem, 'bout to blow y'alls minds here.

Die Rise, like TranZit, is the game mode. A Great Leap Forward is the map name.

That being said. In the first game (WaW) the maps were named exactly as what they were in the language of the country they take place. Verruckt: Crazy, or alternatively Asylum, takes place in an asylum. Simple enough. Kino continued that trend being in a Cinema and Five relating to Defcon 5. Ascension throws me at first but then I realized all of the DLC had English names (Shangri-La is a word based on a couple of slang words in Tibetan, however it was coined by an English author)

Finally, it seems as though the newest Maps are named after events in history that take place in the countries in which they occurred.

exactly they should be the same we have learned nothing through the names they are just DECORATION to the buyer

mind not blown since great leap forward or skyscraper because if you click DIE RISE it goes to a sub map with it not being called great leap forward it being called skyscrapers

That's like saying that TranZit or Green Run should be called Bus Depot because that's what you have to click on.