Navcard theory?

slappamedoo

I'm not well versed in doing any easter eggs so far on Blops2 zombies as I can never find partners good enough to complete it on 4 player. But I've seen that the Nav Card on Green Run does not correspond with Green Run's nav card table, but it does on Die Rise's table and then once it does you can't put another one in there. What I'm thinking is that maybe there will be 4 large scale maps in the DLC series including Green Run (not a DLC I know) and each map will have a nav card that corresponds with another map's nav card table and once each table receives it's corresponding Nav Card, maybe we unlock something big, like alternate routes or areas to our maps (the most likely being an alternate bus route on Green Run since I'm gonna guess that the bus receives some kind of navigational guidance, maybe from the Navcard tables) or a new map altogether. Maybe it results in an end to our story or a section of a map with EE's that reveal what we've been searching for. Not exactly revolutionary thinking, but there's gotta be a reason why Green Run's nav card is accepted on Die Rise but not on Green Run.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like your theory would be too complicated to do. And you would have to factor allot of things in...

Plus it really doesn't seem fair to give new parts of a map to a select few of people.

What about the people who payed for the Map packs but don't want to do the Easter egg at all? They wouldn't be able to access all that new stuff. I would feel ripped off if i were in that situation.

It seems like your theory would be too complicated to do. And you have to factor allot of things in...

Plus it really doesn't seem fair to give new parts of a map to a select few of people.

What about the people who payed for the Map packs but don't want to do the Easter egg at all? I would feel ripped off if i were in that situation.

The people who want to do the Easter egg have to buy them all. The people who don't buy them all can't complete it anyway, why should they feel ripped off?

Anyway, I just made a thread about this:

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28175

I was thinking the same thing. If you want to message me on xbl Xieon1 I'm down to help you explore it.

I'm on PSN sadly. I'm limited to watching other people play until my XBL buddy finds some time to download Revolution and let me play.

As for my theory, why would you feel ripped off? If you want to play the map badly enough, learn to build the navcard tables. If anything, that's you having the opportunity to get a free DLC for completing a challenge if you've purchased the other maps. Maybe it's not a new map entirely, but definitely something that opens up more of the story. I really can't see other explanation for why Die Rise takes Green Run's but not the other way around or it's own navcard.

The people who want to do the Easter egg have to buy them all. The people who don't buy them all can't complete it anyway, why should they feel ripped off?

I was thinking the same thing. If you want to message me on xbl Xieon1 I'm down to help you explore it.

I don't think you get it.

I'm saying, there are Zombies fans that buy all the map packs just so they can kill Zombies. They don't worry about the Easter eggs but still buy the maps.

On the other hand you have a person who always completes every Easter egg, and in the end he get's new additions added onto the maps, while the person who was just in it for simple Zombie slaying get's nothing.

It doesn't seem fair to that other person. Not everyone is interested in the story or the Easter eggs at all. And they shouldn't be punished for it.

As for my theory, why would you feel ripped off? If you want to play the map badly enough, learn to build the navcard tables. If anything, that's you having the opportunity to get a free DLC for completing a challenge if you've purchased the other maps. Maybe it's not a new map entirely, but definitely something that opens up more of the story. I really can't see other explanation for why Die Rise takes Green Run's but not the other way around or it's own navcard.

And yes, you said a new route or new location (And where else would a new route lead to except for a new part of the map) A person SHOULDN'T have to complete an Easter egg to get the full experience of the MAP. They are ONLY Easter eggs, not part of a story.

And by not part of a story i mean like...they're not part of a campaign you need to go through. The Easter eggs have a story, sure. But they shouldn't unlock anything new map wise.

It seems like your theory would be too complicated to do. And you have to factor allot of things in...

What about the people who payed for the Map packs but don't want to do the Easter egg at all? I would feel ripped off if i were in that situation.

I don't think you get it.

I'm saying, there are Zombies fans that buy all the map packs just so they can kill Zombies. They don't worry about the Easter eggs but still buy the maps.

On the other hand you have a person who always completes every Easter egg, and in the end he get's new additions added onto the maps, while the person who was just in it for simple Zombie slaying get's nothing.

It doesn't seem fair to that other person. Not everyone is interested in the story or the Easter eggs at all. And they shouldn't be punished for it.

And yes, you said a new route or new location (And where else would a new route lead to except for a new part of the map) A person SHOULDN'T have to complete an Easter egg to get the full experience of the MAP. They are ONLY Easter eggs, not part of a story.

I'm just speculating and throwing ideas out there. Mp3 audio or even a video that reveals more of the story is the most likely end result. I never said I thought that a new map would be the end result, just contemplating the possibility at this point. It's just the item is called a NAV card. Unless N A V stands for something I gotta assume that means navigation. Which would lead me to assume it has to do with more of the map. And is it really above Treyarch to screw players out of gameplay? People weren't allowed to play Nuketown zombies unless they paid for all four DLCs. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this. A reward for the hardcore players. A screwjob for the people who don't want to pay or do the work. Like I said, it's all speculative, the main point of my theory is that I believe that each map will have a nav card that corresponds with another maps table, and upon getting them all to their respective location, SOMETHING significant will happen. Maybe you even have to complete all the EE's along with getting all the Nav Card's accepted, I just think putting Green Run's navcard on Die Rise was Treyarch's way of giving us a hint on what to do in the grand scheme of things.

I'm thinking maybe we'll be treated with another cutscene, something like the Die Rise opening or maybe even one more like the CoTD opening (which I think sucks in comparison but whatever). What do you guys think?

Also, Slappamedo they will eventually release Nuketown Zombies to everyone, like the classic WaW maps on BO1.

I'm thinking maybe we'll be treated with another cutscene, something like the Die Rise opening or maybe even one more like the CoTD opening (which I think sucks in comparison but whatever). What do you guys think?

Also, Slappamedo they will eventually release Nuketown Zombies to everyone, like the classic WaW maps on BO1.

True. Still, I don't think it's that far-fetched that completing this potential grand EE could result in bonus gameplay. Could be some final boss fight even.