Players who back out or dissconect mid-game

starrface

I have played quite a bit of tranzit and in no way claim to nderstand the rankings or "emblem" upgrades at all . Bug most important to me is whether or not a player leaving the game early affects this . Too often I find myself in a lobby where one or more players back out early , I usually continue to play somtimes achieving very high levels by myself . Now I have figured out that the round score will not count after a player has left but what I am wondering is if anything else even counts? Is it worth me staying and trying to survive? I have been stuck on the same shield for ages and amnonly interested in ranking up so if nothing counts I might as well back out too correct? Any help at all with this or anything else regarding the ranking would me much appreciated . Gamertag is starrface. Send me a msg if you are a serious tranzit player

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Welcome to the community, friendo!

Yes, unfortunately a player leaving mid-game causes the system to stop recording the rounds. The only good thing out of this is that your statistics (kills, downs, revives, etc.) saves. This includes various other factors that you don't see posted such as perks drank, grenade kills and such.

Many people back out for several reasons, but the biggest one is commonly done by a sore loser. I hate to use that title, but these people will back out when the going gets rough and something as minuscule as one down is a great threat to them. When you back out, you're basically grabbing whatever statistics you have currently and running with it. Leaving a game does not count against you in, but most people use it to reach higher ranks at a quicker pace than if they were to stay in a game with a few downs.

As for now, the best way to determine ranking can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=26010

In short, ranking is based off a kills to down ratio, or K/D. There are a few additional elements that also increase your rank, but the best way to reach that desired rank is to play consistent, long games with as few downs as possible. Simply getting over 200 kills per game with a maximum of 2 downs is good enough. If you can top that example, then better for you!

When my rank changed to include the Knife in the background, it was immediately after a game where 2 people left quite early, and it was just me and another random remaining. We lasted until Round 30 - after which I left because it was about 4 in the morning. So while the rounds don't count on the scoreboard, it would seem they still do for your rank.

I can't say I agree with the whole K/D ratio being linked to your rank, unless it relates specifically to a certain component of the rank (getting the shotguns background maybe?). The reason I say this is because I've lost my knife rank before, simply for ending my Solo games on Round 1 a few times in a row (that's ending, not dying, which I confirmed by checking that my Deaths didn't go down on my stats).

Hmm, I dunno, maybe the rank works like this?

Tally Marks/Blue Eyes = consecutive days played.

Knife background = consecutive high rounds (or high average over recent games?).

Shotgun background = high K/D spread (or high average K/D over recent games?).

This would make sense to me, since you can have different components to the rank at a time. It's not a prerequisite to have 5 tallies and the blue eyes to have the knife, and you don't need to have the knife to have the shotguns - you can have any combo thereof, so I reckon meeting a particular requirment unlocks that particular part of the rank.

I seem to have trailed off here...

It is possible to rank up in a game despite the leavers. I got my shotties after a pub match that started with 4 and ended with 2. I even dove into a lava pool to end the game (at the request of the random player).

It's not a prerequisite to have 5 tallies and the blue eyes to have the knife, and you don't need to have the knife to have the shotguns...

I agree with the first part, but I have personally never seen anyone go from rank 3 to rank 5 without getting to rank 4 first. Is this based on your experience or hearsay? You did not mention your current rank, except that you got to rank 4.

A player can rank up to the next emblem without having blue eyes first. I believe the emblem with and without the blue eyes are the same rank. I never had the skull with blue eyes or the skull+dagger with blue eyes. The only blue eyes emblem I had was the one with the shotguns (already lost it due to lack of activity).

Is it worth me staying and trying to survive? I am only interested in ranking up...

I think so.

I played a game recently where a player left early, but the game still counted as my highest round score.

Really? Are you sure about that?

I agree with the first part, but I have personally never seen anyone go from rank 3 to rank 5 without getting to rank 4 first. Is this based on your experience or hearsay? You did not mention your current rank, except that you got to rank 4.

Ah, I think you're right. I managed to confuse myself. I thought you could get shotguns and have the knife at the same time. After checking the emblems I see now that the shotguns actually replace the knife altogether, so I guess it makes sense that you'd have to go from having the knife to having the shotguns. Well there goes that theory!

I've actually yet to get the Shotguns. Probably doesn't help that I mainly play Public Matches with Randoms! Although you say you got your Shotguns while playing with randoms, perhaps there's hope for me yet!

No worries.

you say you got your Shotguns while playing with randoms, perhaps there's hope for me yet!

Oh, absolutely. Good luck on your shotties quest.

Some general tips on pub matches:

[*:1dgndoju]Try to get set up ASAP (at least get jug, stamin-up, and bowie/gknuckles). Once you're set, you're in a better position to be of help to others should they go down.

[*:1dgndoju]Reviving people is good - when it's safe. It's not worth it if you go down right after reviving someone. It's more important to stay alive and keep the game going. Quitters will always leave regardless of how many times you revived (or failed to revive) them.

[*:1dgndoju]If a player dies, spawn them by their tombstone if they had one. If not, spawn them in Town for jug or ask them where they want to spawn. If there are multiple tombstones at different places, either try to spawn them close enough to where they can run to theirs, or pick the more skilled player.

Also, consider playing a couple of online solo games and try to get as far as you can.

Keep playing! You can get it even in pub matches, and even when people leave.

I played a game recently where a player left early, but the game still counted as my highest round score.

Really? Are you sure about that?

Absolutely certain. To add to that, I've only played Nuketown twice. The first I made it to about round 17 with two players quitting. Afterwards, my high round was listed as 13. The second time I played, we made it to early 20's with two players quitting mid-game. Currently my high round is listed as 17.

Absolutely certain. To add to that, I've only played Nuketown twice. The first I made it to about round 17 with two players quitting. Afterwards, my high round was listed as 13. The second time I played, we made it to early 20's with two players quitting mid-game. Currently my high round is listed as 17.

I think what OP meant by "the round score will not count after a player has left" is that it doesn't matter how many rounds you get to after a player leaves. That particular round when a player left is considered the last/highest round.

As far as I can tell, this is what happened to your game, swappingspit:

1st game (ended @ rd 17, leaderboards show 13): first quitter left @ rd 13

2nd game (ended @ rd 20+, leaderboards updated to 17): first quitter left @ rd 17

As far as I know, this is how it works for everyone. You can watch your last Nuketown game if you want to verify (you only played 2 so it shouldn't be hard to find). I think OP is already aware of this. So when you post something like

...it's very easy to misinterpret. I don't consider round 17 as "early."

yLCt-RThP2E

I played a round of Nuketown with a friend and two randoms and one of the randoms, the host, quit at round 15. The host migrated to my xbox and we continued to play thinking that the leader board would reflect round 15 as our highest. We ended up going to round 31, where my friend quit, and the other random and I played round 32. The leader board shows my friend's high round of 31 and mine at 32. I understand that this might be unusual, but the leader boards can still update if someone quits. Also, the round is shown on the NTown 4 player even though we played the majority of the game with 3 people.

the leader boards can still update if someone quits

That's news to me. Idk if it's a Nuketown thing or an Xbox thing, since I have neither. What I can tell you with certainty is that on PS3, Green Run map, Tranzit or Survival modes, the rounds after someone quits do not register on the leaderboards.

I played 4p Survival public match on Farm today. One timed out at rd 20. The game ended at rd 22 (the random host had walmart internet). I checked the leaderboards after the game, and sure enough under 4p the round shows 20, not 22.

Maybe somebody who has Nuketown on PS3 can tell if the high round saves after someone leaves...

I really wish they would change it so it still saves on the leaderboards even if somebody quits. When I got this game, I didn't expect the pub games to be worse than the first one.

...it's very easy to misinterpret. I don't consider round 17 as "early."

The Nuketown examples were just two. The players in those games also left much earlier than what my final "high round" ending up being on the scoreboard.

My current highest round on Tranzit is 32 i think, which occured in a game started with 4 and played with three for 3/4 of the game, and ending on 32.

EDIT: To add one last thing, I played a game of survival in which 2 players quit, and that game did not show up on the leaderboard.