the FOUR wind turbines

remusVB

As you approach Nacht Der Untoten, you'll see multiple wind turbines on your left.

With only four of them facing you.

In range.

Just outside of the map.

As you listen to an angel-over-your-shoulder tell you that he needs power.

So you capture a man made out of electricity.

And then he tells you he needs more power.

So you turn on some lamps.

And then you get an achievement, get frustrated, come on this message board, and read some kid has pulled some spare quotes out of the code that would sound something like this, if you could ever get Maxis to say them:

"This is a great power source, although it will have to be amplified. With any higher output our communications will likely cease. We will require a burst of tremendous voltage."

Which sure sounds to you like a step that would logically happen before capturing a man made out of electricity.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the tip.

But it doesn't address what happened to me as I described it in my original post. I did the Maxis Easter Egg and, like everyone else, never got a message or audio clip that gave me closure. All of a sudden, Maxis just stopped talking to me and I got the achievement.

Maxis' tower is lit up without the power being on, but he mentions a third mode or third part. It is my understanding no one has figured out what that third part is.

I think the wind turbines, in a place like NDU, aren't there by coincidence. Now, if you're telling me there are other wind turbines around the map, then obviously the FOUR outside of NDU aren't anything special.

All I'm saying is, after doing an Easter Egg that wants you to find/locate/generate power without having the switch flipped "ON" and that doesn't seem to be finished, four power-generating wind turbines in a "secret" area doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Has anyone, during or after the Maxis EE, tested out anything with these four wind turbines?

Remember, there are more of them, but these are the only ones angled and facing the playing area...

Why are they there at all? I just think it's a bit coincidental that "clean energy" wind turbines were included in the map when:

1. The map, the Easter Egg, and the themes are all centered and obsessed on power/electricity.

2. The turbines are located at Nacht Der Untoten, a throwback/special map off the beaten path that isn't complete and doesn't offer much other than a jetgun piece.

3. There are exactly FOUR of them that face the playing area out of many.

(remember to right click the image and click either "open image in new tab" or "view image" to see the entire picture)