Bit of a Theory on Richtofen

I'm not exactly sure if this has been touched on before or not, but i have a theory on why Samuel is the only one who can hear Richtofen, and why in the radio messages, only certain people can hear him. I think it's because of the flesh. It's been hinted at multiple times that Samuel eats the meat from the zombies, and in one of the radio messages, the man says "I'll do it for you, and the flesh"

To summarize, Those who consume the flesh may become mentally unstable, and only the crazy ones can hear Richtofen.

That's the way i see it at least, it might not be the case, but it seems like a viable theory.

Sorry if this seems a bit vague, but I'm just not used to posting things like this.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an exellent theory, however I myself think of richtofen's control is somehow linked to A: the aether, B: Nearby mechanicals... Or C: utter madness...

A: It is possible for people to briefly enter the aether, some people even think that the aether is where you go when you dream, and the more you dream the more power richtofen has over you... Or perhaps the people and Samule have been to argotha- the underground advanced civilization, perhaps they were abducted and had their memory's wiped... This will also explain why misty Samule marelton and russman find "something familure" about the town.... as that may be where they were abducted, or dropped off....

B: it's possible Samule's mind is weeker then the rest, and is more easily penetrated by richtofen's mind control, or perhaps he has at some point seen der reise and had a little run in with the fly trap/die glock, as I heard somewhere it has mind control capabilitys... OR purhaps Samule is the pilot in the nuketown loading screen, being effected by the giant mechanism...

C: As I said before, Samule's mind may be weeker then the rest, making him more suceptible to scrizipheria and richtofen. This may be caused by the explosion of the earth, or too much 115 in the atmosphere... Either way he can comunicate with richtofen because his mind is the ONLY one raw enough to hear the voices, we know marelton is too busy claiming to be the smartest and his mind is too strong, misty is a girl, whos brain chemistry may be slightly different then the rest, and richtofen may just over look her- as he said on moon: "I will never understand Groph's obsession with American women.. ALL THEY DO IS PLAY GAMES!" Russman may not be the brightest, but his mind is old and capable of repelling the voices, meaning he isn't a capible character either... So in short, marelton is too smart, misty is a girl, and russman is too old. Making Samule J sculenger the only candidate of the four suceptable to richtofen's whims...

I'm not exactly sure if this has been touched on before or not, but i have a theory on why Samuel is the only one who can hear Richtofen, and why in the radio messages, only certain people can hear him. I think it's because of the flesh. It's been hinted at multiple times that Samuel eats the meat from the zombies, and in one of the radio messages, the man says "I'll do it for you, and the flesh"

To summarize, Those who consume the flesh may become mentally unstable, and only the crazy ones can hear Richtofen.

That's the way i see it at least, it might not be the case, but it seems like a viable theory.

Sorry if this seems a bit vague, but I'm just not used to posting things like this.

I've reached the same conclusion about Samuel and why he hears Richtofen. After listening to his quotes I started hearing Samuel talking about eating zombies. At first I thought it was just one of those bizarre quotes, but he literally has 4 or 5 different quotes about eating zombie corpses.

Samuel eats 115 filled flesh, that combined with his natural paranoia, starts to hear the voices. Seems likely.

• 1 month later...

The original crew could hear Gersch from the ether and could hear Maxis, and they had been exposed to 115 by Richthofen as part of his experiments. Now we know Samuel possibly ate human flesh or zombie flesh, something zombies do because of their exposure to 115. Thus, my theory is that Samuel can hear Richthofen because of exposure to 115.