The Importance of...

mmm chocolate

1. The Zombie Shield: does anyone else use this as an extra defense bonus? I use 2 turbines to find the bus parts and PaP 2 really good guns from the Mystery Box then get rid of the turbine and use the shield on my back for the rest of my 20+ rounds. It takes the Zombies 15 hits to break it and when it does theres a shaking animation that lets you know its time to grab another one. At later rounds i will even purposely let the last zombie bust my shield and then go get another before the next round, ensuring it doesnt give out on me mid-round.

2. Claymores: 1000$ for C4 (x2) that automatically respawn in your inventory at the start of a new round. These are my new best friends, you can take out as many Zombies as you can fit on the screen at a time with one Claymore up and past round 25. Meaning you can save a ton of bullets. Tons.

3. The Diner and the Shortcut: Makes the Diner a perfect place to rack up points. Get 30,000 - 50,000$ and run to town via the shortcut and deposit into the bank. Plus the Diner has the 1st Mystery Box location and the Zombie Shield.

4. Having all perks except Quick Revive: once you have Juggernog, Stamin-up, and the Galvaknuckles youre ready to run thru the fog, having Speed Cola and Double Tap help in the later rounds. In solo you can only have four perks and if its true about kills vs downs, then Quick Revive is a bad idea i think. Which kinda makes sense why you can have four only.

Extra notes: some things i've noticed...if you have a claymore in your hand and you get hit by a zombie, you lose both claymores you had. After the zombie shield gets busted off your back, sometimes you can get hit a few extra times and not get affected by it, like the shield is still there. If the key to ranking up emblems is kills vs downs, and your just going for a ton of kills, DO NOT get any Nukes, any Zombie killed by a nuke doesnt count as a kill. At higher rounds, when you get an Instakill, use semtex to blow a whole horde of zombies away while saving ammo. Some of this may be obvious, but i think the rest will be useful. Enjoy!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips!

I say that the diner probably is the best place to run a lap. You can easily get 100k a round in the really high rounds and you can quickly run to the town to deposit it and then come back, you'd have a full bank in no time. It is also a quick run to the Farm if you want to deposit a gun before you die.

It also has the zombie shield and Galvaknuckles to buy, as well as the box and Speed Cola. It has a really easy train you can run and if you need to the Tunnel is not far away for an even easier train.

I don't know where to find Claymores. Where do you get them from?

Thanks for the tips!

I say that the diner probably is the best place to run a lap. You can easily get 100k a round in the really high rounds and you can quickly run to the town to deposit it and then come back, you'd have a full bank in no time. It is also a quick run to the Farm if you want to deposit a gun before you die.

It also has the zombie shield and Galvaknuckles to buy, as well as the box and Speed Cola. It has a really easy train you can run and if you need to the Tunnel is not far away for an even easier train.

Ocnya80rL88

Thanks for the tips!

Ocnya80rL88

Thankyou Sam :) Your pretty nice for a power-hungry ex-zombie-controlling little girl :D

Are you me?

Seriously, though... with the exception on the claymores (which I buy occasionally but not always) this is exactly how I play. I usually take the Turbine at the beginning, get all the bus parts while I go around and turn on the power, get Jugg, and pull out a bunch of points on round 3. Then I'll leave the Turbine at the town door so it will break and I can get a fresh one... get a couple good guns, upgrade, then roll with the shield the rest of the game.

I stopped bothering with Revive on solo back when I played Moon a lot. That map was so easy I would get bored well before I was even coming close to dying. And now that Double Tap is more useful than ever... revive ends up being the least useful perk to me. Obviously it's a straight up second chance if you down, but usually in the higher rounds if I go down and lose my perks I'm going to die before making it to get them back anyways.

One last thing I find useful in solo.... EMPs. Of course, if you have the Glavaknuckles, the Avogadro (or whatever you choose to call him) goes down quick, and you can use Monkeys to distract the zombies to fight him off, but the ease of just throwing an EMP in his direction when he spawns seriously just makes him a non-issue. And if you're running at the Diner, the worst you will do with them is lose Speed Cola for a minute. Not a huge deal.

I agree about the EMP's. much quicker. If i ever need to kill him quick, and i have no emp's or knuckles, i get him to attach to the bus. Knife him while on the windows. I also noticed that if he downs you, you have to knuckle him an extra hit to send him back into the sky.

Sometimes i just pass the diner and hit the shortcut to the bank on round 1. All you really need for all perks and 2 PaP'd guns is 1100 to get into the bank and take out money. I take out 30,000 at a time. At around round 15-20 i go put some back in.

I also recommend running a train at where the bus stops at Farm, I have literally never died while working up a train there. It's always when I leave when I get screwed. You still have easy access to the shortcut to Town, and the Remington becomes far more useful than MP5 in my opinion. The zombie shield isn't that far away if you need to grab one too.

I would also suggest using the Tunnel for it's amazing training capabilities as well. You could utilize all 3 spots for a co-op strategy too as I have discovered it is very easy to run 2 people at the Farm and/or Tunnel.

I also recommend running a train at where the bus stops at Farm, I have literally never died while working up a train there. It's always when I leave when I get screwed. You still have easy access to the shortcut to Town, and the Remington becomes far more useful than MP5 in my opinion. The zombie shield isn't that far away if you need to grab one too.

I would also suggest using the Tunnel for it's amazing training capabilities as well. You could utilize all 3 spots for a co-op strategy too as I have discovered it is very easy to run 2 people at the Farm and/or Tunnel.

Farm is going to be my next training area. I've been running the Diner pretty much exclusively so far (occasionally doing town) and the spawns can get a bit tough going into the mid-20's. From what I've heard, Farm and the tunnel seem to have a reputation for being the easiest to run. I do like having access to the Zombie Shield whenever I need it, though... and I also like that I know exactly when the bus is going to go through my training area at the Diner.