Did trayarch bace tranzit off...

Stop Mocking Me0

Ok quick note: The first time I wrote this it took me 30 minutes... Then my iPad died and REALY messed me over.. So this is the second time ive writen this and if anyone that has any beef about my spelling or grammar can die in a zombie-less hole...

Actual topic at hand:

The other day I was playing green run's tranzit while listening to my favorite song :D ... The Twighlight zone by Golden Earring 8-) and I noticed just how well the lyrics of that song were made into tranzit's Easter egg and storyline....

Song lyrics:

My connections:

SomewhereinALonelyHotelRoom theresAGuy realizing his eternal fate has turned its back on hhhhiiiieeemmmmm.... It's 2am..(deep voice)

The hotel room in town made me think of the first line.... Then a player realizes he's trapped in a corner and likely going to die... And it's early morning...(this is IRL because the time in the game I beleive is about 7:30ish according to the frozen wall clocks...

"It's 2 am.... The fear has gone.... I sit here waiting.... The gun still warm.... Maybe my connection is tierd of taking chances.."

The four playable characters have no fear in them of the zombies, and they likely just killed a ton of them which is why the gun is warm.... And the connection is maxis/richtofen telling them what to do....

Yeah there's a storm on the loose, sirens in my head... Wrapped up in science, ALL CIRCUITS ARE DEAD!

The storm is 100% the H.A.A.R.P. and the Avagadro's crazy storm gone crazy after being set loose.... The sirens could refer to the denizens on the heads of the characters... Or from Samule as he could be hearing richtofen... Wrapped up in silence is referring to the EMP grenades... As they make zombies sleep almost silently, and kills machinery's circuits and ather-connected tools such as drops and the box....

I can not decode... My whole life spins into a FRENZÂY!

This refers to the group having NO idea what they're doing, how it works, or why, or it could be referring to the bus driver, the nav car machine or something else.... But the frenzy (that's accent not actual spelling error as are some of my earlier lyrics are) is obviously about the zombies starting again...

Chorus begins...

Help! I'm stepping into the Twighlight zone! This is a Madhouse! Feels like being Cloned!

This is likely meaning that the player has entered the "Fog" and the madhouse reference is of the zombies being dressed as asylum patents for reasons we don't know... Cloning could be the denzin portals in action causing a cloning like feeling when being teleported possibly....

My becon's been moved under moon and star! Where am I to go now that I've gone too far?! Soon you will come to know... WHEN THE BULIT HITS THE BONE!

This part got me thinking... What if the tranzit easter egg is a becon or signal to either the moon(maxis signaling the origional 4) and star (richtofen signaling the vrill to come restore the planet somehow...) "Where am I to go..?" could mean the tranzit's character's are confused on what to do, and can't undo what They've done....Then obviously the bulit-bone part is about killing the zombies with guns...

Chorus ends...

I'm falling down a spiral... Destination unknown... Double-cross messenger... All alone... Can't get no connection... Can't get through... where are you?...

Falling down the spiral definantly means the denzin portals swirly design... Destination unknown is referring to the bus driver... Double cross mesanger is either maxis or richtofen who you didn't choose and now is "alone" because he has no fallowers... Then the tranzit crew can't contact either maxis/richtofen and can't figure out where the two are...

Well the night lays heavy on his guilty mind.. This far from the border line.... When the hit-man comes... He knows damn well he has been CHEATED! And he says! (chorus )

This could refer to maxis's mind feeling responsible about the destruction of earth, which was reveled he was sorry for in the television-radios and got the calculations hastily... This far from the border line could be referring to maxis's plan almost failing... Or nuketown which is near by... Or Nacht in some way... The hit man is the avagadro who knows he has been Cheated out of his life and replaced by an eletric zombie...

(epic guitar solo) (chorus again) (bulit hits the bone line repeated until it fades out...)

And there you have it! I just thought that was cool, not that trayarch may have based a map off an old song... That's just rediculous... Right?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

No no, you're not crazy! While the song does fit in very nicely, I highly doubt they based Tranzit off of it. From how Treyarch has done it in the past, they make a map and enhance the storyline before implementing a soundtrack suitable for both game playing and direct story telling.

What they were already planning to do was add A7X's Carry On (hell - even Sirius Octane Radio kept stating how it was going to be exclusive to BO:II Zombies Mode). Something happened, and a last minute decision quickly switched out A7X to Kevin Sherwood's Carrion. I really don't believe that they could base a whole game especially to just one song - it would most likely be the other way around.

Wasnt carry on for campain and not ready to die for zombies? I mean they directly reference samantha, talks about zombies, ect? Carry on is more of an underdogs story, about fighting a loosing fight. Never the less, twilight zone is one of the best of golden earring, even radar love could be applied to tranzit, let alone any other song out there. This reminds me of the nostradomous effect, drawing similarities and asserting co-relation. I doubt activision would use a 40 year old song given they can hire a band now to write new material that is actually related. ( just looked up the lyrics to not ready to die, its cod zombies inspired 100%. The lyrics almost tangle at parts to sounding like hes saying 935.

That just leads me to believe activision decided to use one song from avenged and save the rest. Not ready to die is the zombies song, activision probably scratched it last minute and avenged felt a little cheated, resulting in the last minute breakdown in relations. You can find parrallels in carry on, but the song doesnt reference samantha, killing zombies ect directly. Carry on is anthemic, not dark and ominous, like not ready to die. Id like to find out what happened, as NRTD is a fantastic zombies themed song.