Will there be an ending?

JC Picto

Straight away i know i'm treading on thin ice when i bring up the idea of a game of zombies ending in anything but death. Either accidental, or intentional (my gf getting up for work and giving me THAT look resulting in me jumping off the cliff on moon was my personal favourite. "But it's round 63, i said. :/ Okay. Give me a second") it always ends (to a certain degree) with failure. So you always want to try again. And i think that that is one of the reasons we all love it. Well not my gf obviously.

But with the release of BO2 suddenly this may not be the case. I'm sure you've all watched the same vid i have. And you can tell that they're saying Survival is there for the old school fans. The ones that don't want the structure to change. And 4v4 is there for a more multiplayer feel. But with Tranzit they mainly spoke about the world and what was in it. Apart from saying that there won't be rounds in Tranzit there wasn't much talk of the outline of the new game mode.

So....where does the bus end up? Is it going to be a story that can be finished? Or better yet, when the last one ended in the release of Sam and the destruction of Earth as we know it, what could they possibly do as an Easter Egg?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"what could the possibly do as an Easter Egg?"

ANYTHING :shock:

Sorry couldn't resist.

The thing is with zombies is that the point it has no ending makes me want to play it, it is sorta like once you've finished the campaign will you ever play it again, odds are no (this won't be the same for this one though).

BUT the idea of an ending that is hard to reach would give the game more of a challenge (in a way), the problem at the moment is what are you getting for doing the Easter Eggs? All the perks and a death machine, there is nothing there that is worth doing the EE again and again after the initial trophy hunting & the story leads.

Personally I would like an idea like this if we are never going to see the characters in the map again, maybe press the button to unleash the nuke for a high cost + EE + something else, you'll never see them again after something like that & it shows their story ends so I say why not?

Yea tbh I am positive Survival will be the most played zombie game mode once the tranzit fever with EE is over. 4z4 aka grief mode is something quick and dirty if one gets bored. Not saying that it will be boring but I think its for people that don't have hours to spend trying to get to high rounds but still have a laugh while socializing with friends on daily basis.

P.S: When I did my co-op high rounds I get all sorts of looks from my significant other. :lol:

So do we know that Tranzit will have an EE? I expected it would, but with it being a journey i thought that maybe it would be less like what we're used to. Plus, maybe we'd get more than one. Personally, with Grief mode, i think they could make such a good one. Like with shangri la where only one person gets the perks, but for one team. So a race against the other team through hordes of zombies to get something to give you the edge.

This is what i truly love about zombies. Like with drops. You have to speculate to accumulate. To get your reward you have to run in and risk being over-run. And being against another team will just make that even more fun. Especially if they bring new drops or the existing drops gain a negative effect (insta kill makes zombies harder for the other team)

I always thought the map was a closed circuit with a lone road leading off. I realize the map we have put together from the video was hardly complete and jagged at best, but I think it is pretty accurate.

Going off of this, it can go two ways. In theory I mean. There is a second Tranzit/DLC for original Tranzit. Or there is in fact an ending. Let's really think about this. Why else would there be a road leaving Tranzit? Surely the developers wouldn't troll us with a road we can't access....(though I wouldn't put it past them :) ) I'll break it up:

Second Tranzit/DLC for original Tranzit: In all actuality, I believe this is possible for either a second Tranzit or a DLC to expand the original. If it were a second Tranzit, the only way I agree with this is if we get a Tranzit type map for EVERY DLC.

Ending:The only way I agree with this....Well....Is if this^ happens.

Honestly, yes, I believe there will be some sort of "ending".

TranZit is story mode. Aside from the basic game mechanics, nothing is the same as the original zombies mode. This is the sole reason Survival Mode was created, so we can never lose the original zombies experience. The mode itself IS the Easter Egg, there as an ultimate goal we must reach as we explore the massive world. I'm sure there will be ALOT of side easter eggs that could possibly even change the overall ending, but the mode itself is an egg. There's no round counter because we're not playing to stay alive, we're playing to complete a goal (most likely find a safe haven or stop Richtofen or something like that).

And on a side note, I'm becoming more and more confident in saying there will be a individual save function for this mode, allowing players to enter the world at will, hook up with their teammates, and save and quit whenever they want. The latest interview with GTTV provided some hints at it:

"We wanted to do an epic size map, something bigger than anything we've ever done. An open world-ish and really challenges the core gameplay, but we also realize people didn't want to spend 2,3,4 hours playing zombies, they wanted to jump in and get that experience.

So we've thought, let's do smaller bit size things, that are contained. And offer them the ability to jump quickly in, get some zombie killing in, and run to work."

That sounds interesting Shooter. I was hoping for a similar thing. But what do you think will be the case with other players? I like the idea of saving, but surely if you can join someone elses game then you'll start with nothing. Which as i'm sure you guys know isn't good.