Treyarch making maps even creepier?

With everyone speculating on who or what is driving the bus, i thought i would chip in.

I believe the driver of the bus is in fact a robot, because

1. it doesn't move or react

2. The robotic voice

3. Well, everyone else has pointed out the reasons, i think someone posted something about the bus driving on indentation on the road.

The main reason i think it's a robot driving is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfI69DC_jaw

By the way, it's in russian but with english subtitles.

Basically, it's a russian animation based on Ray Bradbury's short story, There will come soft rains. Main article for the story here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_Will ... hort_story)

It's basically about a house which carries on running, doing its daily tasks even though the family occupying it is dead and the world has been completely destroyed, which is basically what the teaser looked like to me, automatic bus still running, following the same track. The russian animation has a creepy feeling to it, which is why I think Treyarch is using a robot to automatically drive the bus, to add creepiness to the map.

Anyway, it got me thinking, maybe this bus just drives automatically round the map, and stops at each stop, for lets say 10 seconds, you can get on the bus and stay on it, while zombies attack it, and you can get off at the next stop, so a quicker way to get around the map, but with the added danger of zombies.

What do you think?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Well, everyone else has pointed out the reasons, i think someone posted something about the bus driving on indentation on the road.

That would be yours truly.

Your idea about it riding around to certain bus stops and stopping for a short while and then carrying on is exactly what I was thinking. Also the analogy was excellent! Great job.

]

With everyone speculating on who or what is driving the bus, i thought i would chip in.

I believe the driver of the bus is in fact a robot, because

1. it doesn't move or react

2. The robotic voice

The main reason i think it's a robot driving is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfI69DC_jaw

By the way, it's in russian but with english subtitles.

Basically, it's a russian animation based on Ray Bradbury's short story, There will come soft rains. Main article for the story here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_Will ... hort_story)

It's basically about a house which carries on running, doing its daily tasks even though the family occupying it is dead and the world has been completely destroyed, which is basically what the teaser looked like to me, automatic bus still running, following the same track. The russian animation has a creepy feeling to it, which is why I think Treyarch is using a robot to automatically drive the bus, to add creepiness to the map.

Anyway, it got me thinking, maybe this bus just drives automatically round the map, and stops at each stop, for lets say 10 seconds, you can get on the bus and stay on it, while zombies attack it, and you can get off at the next stop, so a quicker way to get around the map, but with the added danger of zombies.

What do you think?

Seems like a logical approach to the whole "robot" idea about the bus driver. That it is running on a track or programed course. The robot could just be there for visual effect for the people that would have riden on the bus before the apocolypse. Almost like a mannequin of sorts. After the apocolypse, the bus continues to travel the course it was programmed to run.

I'm still on the fence on who's in charge of the bus, but this seems possible.