wobbling pack-a-punch in no man's land?

kingsly zzissou

this is pretty sparse right meow because I don't have any good video of it, but I'm wondering if ANYONE knows why the pack-a-punch wobbles/shakes back and forth slightly when you first spawn in NML. I'm pretty sure it doesn't do that in other maps but I can't be certain because often we don't spawn so near the PaP.

Will update with media and theories shortly.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone theorized that the grate where we spawn is a drain that we crawled out of. I girds that works here...

that may have been me lol waaaaay back during the shangri la mountains craze. I'll repost.

so the idea is that the PaP is wobbling because the O4 accessed A51 by using an irrigation drain from Shangri-La. At the time I was theorizing that Shangri-La was on earth, and was actually part of area 51 - but just disregard that part.

Just take a look at where we spawn, directly outside of the giant drain:

This sewer drain could easily be an underground tunnel, or part of the irrigation canal that runs in Shangri-La:

The O4 could quickly exit Shangri-La and arrive at Area 51 via underground tunnel:

so basically here's my terrible drawing of this shared mountain theory...

some first class art from Kingsly. Thoughts?

Looks very interesting but why would Shangri-La and Area51 be connected, when we have not seen any american equipment there, any technology brought to this place? And why would the mountains be textured as Mars mountains, but located on Earth?

Oh, and I love the art you quoted here. Masterpiece.

Looks very interesting but why would Shangri-La and Area51 be connected, when we have not seen any american equipment there, any technology brought to this place? And why would the mountains be textured as Mars mountains, but located on Earth?

Oh, and I love the art you quoted here. Masterpiece.

lol thanks i spent hours on it.

alright well, anything beyond this point is complete theory - and, until proven right, wrong. but i will nerd out for a second.

the only way this whole shared mountain theory could work is if perhaps shangri la was staged or housed within area 51's limits. it's waaaay out there, but just imagine if they created a giant translucent biome ala Truman Show or something. Shangri-la is transportable from ancient technology, so it's highly possible (upon figuring out how to move it willingly through time/space/location) that the USA "acquired" shangri-la and housed it at area 51 - totally unaware of the focusing stone, but aware of it's teleportation powers and 115 supply.

the USA went to such extremes that they created a synthetic mountain range to hide their treasure, but since this was in nevada - the mountains would be desert. The one catch was that shangri la was powered by a hydro electric source, and since a body of water wouldn't teleport they had to create their own irrigation system. If you no clip and follow the waterfall, it turns into a stream that leads directly to the "mystery mountain". Water follows the path of least resistance, and Richtofen obviously knew this. They followed the stream until they reached the edge of the biome, where they found a grate, opened it/climbed down and followed until they reached the manhole located at no mans land. the pack a punch was on top, as sam knew they were coming, but richtofen had his brainwashed super soldiers use all their strength to lift it just enough for everyone to slip under. Dempsey lets the grate down with a thud, and the pack a punch wobbles as we (the player) take hold and sam begins to send her onslaught.

anyway that's my theory. i should probably put that in the shangri-la section. sorry it's totally off subject, but it's the reason that spawned this thread. why does the PaP wobble? I have to get some video up here.

The theory is good, but after Shangri-La Edward wanted to teleport to Moon, not to get to Area 51. And also, when you begin in No Man's Land, you can clearly hear that he knows where he is, but also does not know why he is there.

I like the explanation of Shangri-La being a big biome. It is seriously a very misterious map. It seems that the temples travel around the world/solar system through tornado's, or something else we have missed. We also know that Shangri-La itself might be changing locations sometimes, but it is, as well, just a theory.

• 7 months later...

If you listen closely, you hear the music start to wind up as it would when you turn on the power, which also leaves a wobbling effect. I think it's just us being able to see it as the power hits the machine as the map finishes loading.

• 1 month later...

Another explanation could be the fact that tunnel's have often been used when associating different warping locations. Not sure why this is but we have case's such as the MPD on the moon. Highly unlikely but what if a tunnel from Shanghri-la is connected or randomly connected to a tunnel below Area-51 that the grate system is connected to. This would explain how they got there, the quote about knowing the location (Richtofen is a 935 member and would have access to other scientist's knowledge of military bases), and also why it wobbles.

Other reason's why the tunnel's would be synced is the teleporter at the Area 51 base itself. With the element 115 at the teleport (pre-earth destruction) it could have caused it to be attracted to the area. There's also the reasoning that the being/being's in charge had reason for them to go to the location so directed them accordingly.

• 4 months later...