What BO2 Zombies will entail

Hello all. I much like you am VERY excited for Blops 2 zombies. This thread contains what I think Blops 2 zombies will offer us. Ok, let's start with a quote from Treyarch head, Mark Lamia: "Zombies really is its own game that just so happens to be shipping on this platform called Black Ops 2". What has every COD sinces WaW had? 3 game modes, Campaign, Online Multiplayer, and Co-op. If zombies is "its own game", it should have these 3 things.

1. Campaign: This has been confirmed here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/347444/e3-2012-games-call-of-duty-black-ops-2/?page=2#top_banner

The length or content of this campaign is a mystery, but still cool that we have it. So boom. Campaign = check.

2. Co-op: This is what zombies is all about. Mark Lamia has said "If you like the classic wave-based survival mode, great. We have that." Awesome. But was there really any doubt? No, but it's still comforting to hear.

3. Multiplayer: Here's where it gets interesting. Multiplayer has been the meat and potatoes of every COD since 2007 when COD4 hit the scene. But what does that have to do with zombies? It means zombies is getting a multiplayer with two teams fighting it out. "But electricpneguin7, how do we know that for sure?" We don't, but using various clues Treyarch has given us, it makes sense. What clues? These:

a. Zombies is in the multiplayer engine. Treyarch has said this has given them opportunities for more players, Theater mode and wager matches. Hmm.

b. New game modes. Mark Lamia has said "... but were doing more than just survival. There are brand new modes that zombie fans will enjoy."

c. This quote. (Mark Lamia) "If you have friends that you play Zombies with, get your clans ready, because there's going to be a vs mode." If that's not proof, I don't know what is.

Treyarch has said that they have increased the player limit in zombies from 4 to 8, so not only can we do survival mode with 8 players, but we can play Zombies multiplayer with two teams of 4. How would that work though? Well it would work just like regular multiplayer. You pick a game mode you wanna play, it puts you in a game. You'd level up and create classes to fight zombies (two things that have been requested in zombies.) So say there's something like capture the flag, with one flag. You start in the map on an equivalent of round, say, 12. You have to grab the flag and return it before the enemy team does, but you're not killing the enemy team, you're fighting off the zombies that are stopping you from capturing the flag. So you're still competing with another human team, but by not killing them, but rather the zombies. You'd get experience and such, the game would end when a score limit has been reached, you edit your classes and do it again.

So that's how I would do zombies if it were up to me, and it sounds like it may all happen. So basically at the main menu of BO2, you'd hit zombies and it would take you to the Zombies main menu. Then you'd pick Campaign, Survival, Multiplayer. Sounds good right? Please Treyarch, do this.

As a quick note I wanted to quickly talk about DLC. Now DlC would have to cater to both regular multiplayer and zombies. If I ran the joint, here's how I'd handle the COD Elite Content Season:

January: - Multiplayer Map

- Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Multiplayer Map

February: - Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Survival Map

------------------------------------------ Map Pack 1

March: - Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Multiplayer Map

April: - Multiplayer Map

- Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Survival Map

------------------------------------------ Map Pack 2

May: - Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Multiplayer Map

June: - Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Survival Map

July: - Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Multiplayer Map

------------------------------------------ Map Pack 3

August: - Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Survival Map

September: - Multiplayer Map

- Multiplayer Map

- Zombie Multiplayer Map

------------------------------------------ Map Pack 4

That DLC plan would give 12 regular Multiplayer maps, 5 Zombie Multiplayer Maps, and 4 Zombie survival maps. Black Ops and MW3 both had 12 Multiplayer dlc maps, and Black Ops had 4 new Zombie maps, so it would fit with the current trend of DLC.

So what do you think? Like it, hate it? Why? Leave comments!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic