"Hands Off The Merchandise" Achievement

Rissole25

Hey guys, I'm trying to do videos for each achievement/trophy involving Nazi Zombies. Achievement guides I haven't really seen much of in CoDz. I know there are some threads about getting the achievements, but some of them I can't find, and I'd like to have a stockpile of them so I can add them to the The Strategy Collection. I will try to add a written guide for the videos for those that don't/can't view them but I think the primary concern is just a video for an actual visual source. :)

So this one revolves around the "Hands Off The Merchandise" Achievement, in which you have to kill the Pentagon Thief/Tech before he can steal your weapon. If he steals your weapon, you cannot get the achievement. I'm not sure if this can work if you've let him stolen it a first time, than defeat him before he steals it a second time, so always try it in the first encounter.

I know Tac has a written guide on ways to defeat the Thief, but I just wanted to show the three most common/easiest ways to obtain the achievement.

v-mf0r3aDqA

1) Downing yourself with Quick Revive, allowing M&S to appear.

This one I think is by far the easiest way to do it, although it may seem a little cheap. But a Bon-fire Sale appears, so I like to think it's legit.

This involves buying Quick Revive, and downing yourself when the Thief is about to come at you. Mustang & Sally should automatically appear (make sure you don't have a Pistol type weapon), allowing you to send some exploding bullets his way. It's best to be at a fair distance when you spot him, that way you'll have the time to kill him.

This should effectively destroy him at the lower rounds, but if you just happen to try this later on for who knows why, buy Claymores. They are effective killing machines that can be laid in the path of the Thief to deal some more high damage against him along with M&S. This should definitely kill him and earn you the achievement.

2) Get a high powered weapon.

While this is aimed at low-mid rounds, it is a bit harder to do. What you need is a high powered weapon, preferably a SPAS-12 or HS10, but a Ray Gun, M&S or Python would do as well.

You just need to go all out on this one. Release all your ammo on him as quick as possible. The lower the round, the faster it will be to do. Spacing and distance is a key figure here, as you need to be close for the Shotguns, and in the right position when he appears. Some luck is involved, but you should be able to do it if you know a bit about the games mechanics.

3) Insta-kill/Death Machine

Power-up weapons. Rare to have these drop right before the Thief round starts, but they will give you the achievement, although they won't give you the Bon-fire Sale. A shame, but hey, we're going for the achievement so it does not matter!

Death Machine should get the job done at least till the VERY high rounds, when the Thief gets super high health. But Insta-kill is quick, easy and will always get the job done.

4) Traps

Not in the video, but I felt I had to include this. Pretty much an insta-kill to him but the Thief is special here, so it is much harder.

Timing is of the essence here. If you activate them to early, he will avoid them and run around into the other room to reach you. To late, and well you'll be taken by him. There's a small delay to the traps actually starting once activated. So activating it at the right time will cause him to keep running and not avoid them, but he'll be right in them when they go off.

That's it guys! I hope the video helps those who need it! :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nicely done.

The clip prior to instant kill show the claymores stacks. Claymores are very effective as well, just make sure they are facing the thief. Mustang and sally make thief a walk in the park, if you don't kill yourself.

Be careful of one thing, if you have mule kick and he takes you 1st and 2nd weapon, once you get it back it is now considered the third weapon. Losing mule kick will make you lose that weapon.

Great job Rissole, and did not mean to steal your thunder.

Not at all Jay haha!

Actually, the insta-kill clip was my first attempt. I was going to originally down myself with Quick Revive, along with setting the Claymore's up. I knew I'd picked up Insta-Kill, but I only just realized it affects him as I got Quick Revive. So I thought what the hell and just ended up going with that! :lol:

From memory the Winters Howl is a one hit kill to the Pentagon thief. It might need to be upgraded; I cant remember for sure.

It's not OHKO, but it does do some decent damage to him. I'd put that in option 2 if you have a quick trigger finger. :)