Failed Quick Revive Experiment

You have no idea how much I was hoping to title this "Unlimited Quick Revives in Solo".

I always wondered this, but no one had ever given me any answer. So I set out to find it myself. In Solo, when you use three Quick Revives, you cannot buy a fourth. Not only can you not buy a fourth, but if you have used all three, you can't even get a fourth Quick Revive from a Perk Reward Power-Up.

But I wondered... what if you got Quick Revives from Perk Rewards before you bought the third from the machine? Could you get around the limit that way? If this turned out to be true, then the question of buying Quick Revive at all became a strategy. Do you risk it? Can you make it to your next or do you have to buy it now and lose it forever more? etc.

So I tested that. I played a game of Call of the Dead, since getting Perk Rewards there is rather easy.

1. I bought Juggernog.

2. I bought Mule Kick.

3. I bought Speed Cola.

4. I bought PhD Flopper.

5. I killed George, getting Deadshot Daiquiri.

6. I killed George, getting Stmain-Up.

7. I killed George, getting Double-Tap Root Beer.

8. I killed George, getting Quick Revive.

9. I killed myself.

10. I bought Juggernog.

11. I bought Mule Kick.

12. I bought Speed Cola.

13. I bought PhD Flopper.

14. I killed George, getting Stamin-Up.

15. I killed George, getting Deadshot Daiquiri.

16. I killed George, getting Quick Revive.

17. I killed myself.

18. I bought Juggernog.

19. I bought Mule Kick.

20. I bought Speed Cola.

21. I bought PhD Flopper.

22. I killed George, getting Quick Revive.

23. I killed myself.

Then the Quick Revive machine disappeared! Not once did I touch it, but sadly, it still counted. Not what I was hoping for, to say the least. I couldn't get another Perk Reward to give me Quick Revive, as expected when the machine is no longer there. I ended up dying on Round 38 because George pinned me in a corner and I had used all the Quick Revives... I can't believe the Awful Lawton doesn't work on him...

So, not the results I was hoping for, but results are results, so I figured I'd "publish" them.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well damn, that would have been a good find. The only trick with quick revive that I know is on Ascension solo. When you use QR for the third time, obviously the machine disappears so the monkeys can't touch it. Haven't had a QR drop after that come to think of it.

Well damn, that would have been a good find. The only trick with quick revive that I know is on Ascension solo. When you use QR for the third time, obviously the machine disappears so the monkeys can't touch it. Haven't had a QR drop after that come to think of it.

Yea, I am sure it is programmed to not give any revives once a player has earned/bought 3 revives in total.