More Maps for Zombies?

Ok... What I just thought has me excited at the moment so you will have to excuse me. So far we have confirmed that there will be 8 players, various game modes, as well as the original game modes. This leads me to believe there will be not only more maps for zombies upon release, but in each DLC. There are differences between each aspect we have confirmed, that will depend on different maps. I'll explain.

As STRWRSBOB said on a previous topic,

I hope that we'll still have a "classic" gamemode, with 4 players, and smaller maps built specifically FOR 4 players. Hopefully this is still the main focus, and the 8 player modes are other game modes with other maps. (Obviously a map for 8 people would have the be larger and more open, but 4 players shouldn't have to play the on larger 8 person maps, it'd be too easy)

The original zombies mode could not be on the same map as any of the others, because it would be too easy. Also IMO it would be hard to incorporate eggs and other story effects into say, a multi-player type map.

Now, on to the eight player maps. I know it hasn't been confirmed that 8 players will be in the original mode, but if they are, these maps would have to be larger and require more doors and other things to be bought. They might be able to find a nice medium between 4-8 players, but I feel the 2 player matches would be left too expensive. The increase in zombies will help but, I don't know about it.

Now onto the game modes. The game modes couldn't possibly run on the same maps, could they? The majority of zombie maps have choke points in one spot or another, meaning running as a team of eight is out of the question. I realize none of the zombie game modes have been announced as of yet. I still think they would use different maps.

Summary:

Ok so the way I see it, we will either have multiple ways of playing zombies on every zombie map to be released, or we will have multiple zombie maps released on each DLC. Either way, I just felt the number of maps/ways to play them, was overlooked. This is what we have been screaming for, for a long time. Yes, I know they could possibly use the multi-player maps, but they said themselves. "It's own universe." Your thoughts?

EDIT: Just blew ny own mind again. What if all of the original game mode maps are split like Verruckt. 4 players on each side and each side costs the same as a normal map. It would be the same as playing a small map no matter how many players you were playing with. If you want to play with two, it would be like solo. Eventually the whole map would be open and everyone could choose their spot to begin.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially liking the Verruckt-style gamemode idea - I thought Verruckt was very good because of how the team is split, and was slightly disappointed they haven't yet brought that back. But, with 8 players, that could be a way of balancing the map size against the number of players + zombies etc.

Exactly, see this guy gets me. It would balance out so well, you wouldn't even notice a change. If this isn't the case for all the eight player game modes, I hope they do at least one like this.

I'm so happy we will either have a bunch of maps, or a bunch of ways to play one map. Anyone can argue confirmation, but really, what other options are there?

4-6 maps stock with 2-3 maps in DLC (or)

1-3 maps stock with 1 map in DLC and each one has 3-4 different ways of playing said map.

The numbers could fluctuate, sure, but all in all I think we can expect a lot of maps and input as far as timeline and overall location.

I would love, and I mean LOVE, a gigantic map where at the start, the whole group was split into either two groups of 4, or four groups of 2 (the latter would be especially interesting and challenging I think). I don't know why they never brought that back from Verruckt. As I recall, that was quite popular back then, and still is.

As already said, another Verruckt style map would be awesome. I think that part of the problem is that when playing with randoms, no-one ever seems to open the doors because they think the other pair of players should do it, so it turns into a "who can survive longest in the spawn" which normally ends when the host rage quits after downing and not being revived.

I was reading something about BOII DLC, About what treyarch can do or something like that saying like "instead of them just ending DLC" that they can continue Creating DLC. I kind of hope for that, but I was thinking hmmm what about the next CoD? then it hit me. What if infinity Ward are skipping on releasing CoD on 2013 to work on a Next Generation game? And we could have a 2-year DLC plan? This is not confirmed nor is it a leak, just from a article online.

As already said, another Verruckt style map would be awesome. I think that part of the problem is that when playing with randoms, no-one ever seems to open the doors because they think the other pair of players should do it, so it turns into a "who can survive longest in the spawn" which normally ends when the host rage quits after downing and not being revived.

I've never had that happen, usually there is one guy that goes for all the doors. Of course that guy is typically me because I just like the get the ball rolling on things, perhaps that's why it's never happened to me.

As for this 8 player thing, im not so sure its what he meant. wasnt his quote "double the zombies"? to me that means that the engine will be able to handle more zombies at once, therefore "training" will be harder but rounds wont take a hour because some jerkoff is trying to hoard the whole maps worth of zombies before wasting his precious ammo.

But if it is 8 player, your idea of veruckt style split would be awesome for bigger maps, but maybe they have to keep them apart. playing with 4 players is hard enough to avoid eachothers zombie hoards, with 8 people running from zombies it would be a mixmatch of people running into one another. The only times I feel i go down nowadays is when someone crosses my path or grabs my zombies from my predicted path.