Strange Laugh on Verruckt

FatedTitan

This is not the laugh that is made when the box moves, but is kind of similar. A bit deeper. I've heard it twice now. Once when I shot a china lake at a certain spot it triggered the laugh. Then another time my friend shot the last zombie in a round and it triggered it. Anyone have ideas?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always hear a deeper, more distorted version of Sam's laugh shortly after turning on the power. Other than that, Verrückt is really just full of weird noises. More information on how you think you triggered what you heard would help. Console, version, what the "certain spot" is, what round you were on, anything really.

First time I heard it I had shot a China Lake into the alley by the Thompson room that you can see from power. I shot there, then I shot at the wall of the room above the Thompson room. I have no idea what the other players on the map were doing at the time. The next time I was near right outside of the power room and my friend shot a zombie to end the round in the room above the Thompson.

I'm on 360, Black Ops, first ten rounds.

To me Verruckt is my nightmare map, i always hear strange noises in there which freak me out :shock: , mainly of people screaming, I'm pretty sure I have also heard this too, i killed the last zombie and I heard a strange laugh, pretty clearly without headphones. creepy

I always thought it was Sam laughing at you, almost saying "Ha. You killed one more but I can go on like this forever :twisted: "

BTW were you using a headset? This would amplify the sound meaning you'd hear it a lot clearer.

• 2 weeks later...

I played Verruckt last night and heard this VERY clearly when we turned the power one. It almost sounds like it's distorted and sinister.

It could just be a way to make the map scarier like the dentist chair with no other significance other than to startle you.

It could also be to start the story, as Verruckt was the first Zombie DLC at the time on Nacht Der Untoten there was no hints of a story, maybe Treyarch wanted to start giving us subtle hints like (but not overly subtle).

OR it could have relevance to the story, maybe Sam has just realized her powers or just found where they people are BUT I have no idea what characters were meant to be in Verruckt, some say it was Peter but others say it was Dempsey on his way through with the Marines (?).

• 2 years later...

It technically means 'zombie insane (crazy)'.

Fyi, in waw it was Zombie Verruckt (zombie crazy).

In bad ops it was just crazy (verruckt).

There are lots of weird sounds.

The toilet plays music, the bathroom has creepy sounds.the dentist chair, the baby crying by the ovens...

Now i want to play it (waw, not the terrible reprint).

It technically means 'zombie insane (crazy)'.

Fyi, in waw it was Zombie Verruckt (zombie crazy).

In bad ops it was just crazy (verruckt).

There are lots of weird sounds.

The toilet plays music, the bathroom has creepy sounds.the dentist chair, the baby crying by the ovens...

Now i want to play it (waw, not the terrible reprint).

Come on the remake isnt that bad :P

Less scary and nostalgic of course, but you cant say its not better quality.

I can say that it is worse, to me.

All of the reprints would get better if someone could tell me how to get rid of the incredibly shitty music, without turning the music down, which makes the round start and end music go away.

That 'music' (i use the term loosely) is intolerable to me.

Edit: also, i usually play 1 or 2 player. The glitched windows in the reprint make the game much harder.

By opening the map a certain way, one could have a zombie-free window at your back in the original, but they glitched that in the reprint which really hurt the playability more than any of the other reprints.

Edited by 83457