What about Group 601?

In another thread in General Zombies Discussion, Rissole25 brought some images of Group 601 emblems and quotes. The quotes, translated from German to English, are as follows: STAGE TWO, Strength Through Order. To me this sounds like a hint. We didn't see any Group 601 members join the zombies story-line in Black Ops. "Stage Two" could mean Stage One is complete after Black Ops. The chance of it being a scrap name they were throwing around for 935 are slim, because in Der Riese the 935 Group was established. Writing on the wall and all.

I for one would like a more reliable group to swap off with whenever Treyarch wants to change it up. I don't mind throwing in random famous people. I just like the sound of multiple stories co-existing along the same story. This would also give them a reason to go back to the World War era. You can pretty much start off anywhere.

BTW: Has anyone found anymore info on Group 601? I would like to hear your input.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and I could see this working with the story-line. Redeveloping the crew based on newer criteria. They said it themselves, it was hard adding character to a character without cut scenes. I believe they have had plenty of time to work out personality traits and could come up with some awesome characters. The only way I would agree with this (of course) is if the original crew was still playable. We have come to far and accomplished so much. It would be a shame to start all over with no way of playing with the crew we love so much.

It would be cool if they made the group an American, a European, an Australian, and an African American. Back then they used obvious stereo types for the inspiration on the dialog. Why not use the stereo types for people most often on the game. I know this leaves out a lot of races and actually I'm all for getting rid of the American character for ... I don't know. Maybe a Mexican character. I mean if it is new characters with new races to joke about, it would be unfair to use american twice, so a black guy would do just fine. I could see some great quests happening with updated dialog for the new additions.

What is Group 601?

First seen on Der Riese solo loading screen in W@W.

Then there was image in Der Riese server in BO terminal.

And record cover with group 601 logo in one of the DLC MP maps.

That's where is the evidence for Group 601.

Well saying this i still don't know what exactly what the group is. I mean what is their relation to the story? Anyway I think it would be interesting if they killed off one of the main characters, say like a sacrifice. In saying this they pick up a character along the way such as that Mexican dude Richtofen had from CotD. Samantha could act as a control unit like that little girl from ResidentEvil movies...

Why 935 & 601?

Perhaps there are Groups 1-935+ not impossible by any means.

MI5-MI6 are commonly known to the public, however there once was MI1-MI12...

Thats too close to MJ12 if you know what I mean... :?

In old English I & J are interchangeable. :shock:

Have fun with that... ;)

Regards Alpha.