DoA World record glitched/hacked! **MUST READ!**

Big news here. The DoA world record was achieved as the result of using a glitch. The question now becomes whether the use of this glitch was justified or not.

Before you tell me that no glitch is right watch this video. In this game there is a game ending glitch of the invisible cosmic silverback. It sounds crazy, but when this glitch happens the silverback runs around on a non boss round and can kill you (because you can't see him). Watch the blue guy and see how he gets killed by seemingly nothing. Also watch at 2:15 in the top right. corner where zombies are randomly killed and thrown into the air. The evidence is indisputable, there is a glitched invisible silverback in the map.

XP59eg-v3d0

Now in this situation, I think it is appropriate to use a glitch to get on top of the rocket. If there is an invisible silverback using this glitch will help you survive these rounds and give you a chance to beat the cosmic silverbacks (this only happens on rounds 77-80 and 117-120). However, it will not allow you to build up your lives, nukes, and multipliers to beat the monkeys. This is because the invisible monkey will kill you while running out to pick up gold, simultaneously making you lose a life, and resetting your multiplier back down to a times 1.

The problem is, this glitch can be abused and used when there is no invisible monkey. The chances of there being an invisible monkey are probably 5% or less. I have been fortunate to have never had one in my DoA career so I know they are rare.

Now that you have some background info let me give you the evidence as to why they used a glitch in this game without any reason. Firstly, one of the players recorded and uploaded the ENTIRE game, except for rounds 117-120. Now why would he not upload these rounds when he did for he rest of the game? Because they glitched!

Secondly, you need to use boosts to get up on the rocket. Why does one of the players only have 2 boosts going into the boss round? Because he was using them to get on the rocket. I know that this player is able to get on the rocket because I have seen it in other videos.

Thirdly, and likely the biggest proof against these players, is that they have lives and HIGH multipliers going into the boss round. As I said before, the monkey would kill you while you are getting gold. How on earth do these guys have times 6's and 7's it there was an invisible monkey? They would have to boost to get their money, but then they would be out of boosts for the boss round. Also note that the yellow guy has a low multiplier because he was sitting on the rocket instead of collecting gold like the others.

Due to all these reasons, I conclude that a glitch was done which was unjustifiable. What do you think on this matter?

/end rampage

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know... I think you are being too harsh.

It was a glitch that was put upon them. They didn't choose to do it. Sure they could've just toughed it out, but were else but the grave would that have gotten them? A Cosmic Silverback is tough enough, not to mention an invisible one.

What comes to my mind is other glitches in Zombies. Imagine high-Round players on Moon getting murdered by the Astro-Zombie's death-glitch-sprint. Is it avoidable? Yes. But more often than not it results in death of the team. People often in result glitch him to get stuck in the wall, feeling justified that the removal of the Astro-Zombie is a fair trade for the Astro-Zombie's sudden gain in speed.

And what about the Insta-Kill Bug on the World Record 171 Ascension playthrough? We assume that it was unavoidable, but what if it wasn't? What if the game just broke down and has a chance of doing that, just as it has a chance of restarting automatically (which ended up happening)? Should we disqualify the player for "glitching" and killing the Zombies so fast?

I feel they just used a glitch to overcome another glitch they were unfortunately given. It was a mere fraction of the total number of Rounds. They show more than enough that they have the necessary skill to achieve such a Round had luck and system scripts been kinder. Imagine yourself in their shoes. After probably half a day to a couple days of Dead Ops gameplay, getting to Round 117, you're on your way to an absolutely killer game, and then the game sends your way an unfair, seemingly-impossible challenge. Everything you've worked for is about to be ruined by a hiccup in the script, one that should not be there. You do what is necessary to survive, grudgingly probably, but you do it, feeling justified in that you are only using a glitch to survive a glitch. Tit for tat.

I suppose if the invisible silverback bug occured again during the 117-120 rounds, it'd justify using the rocket glitch to counteract it. But since they didn't upload those rounds showing the invisible silverback bug actually happening, and it's obvious the glitch was used, then I wouldn't call it official.

This is a tricky one.

I don't know... I think you are being too harsh.

It was a glitch that was put upon them. They didn't choose to do it. Sure they could've just toughed it out, but were else but the grave would that have gotten them? A Cosmic Silverback is tough enough, not to mention an invisible one.

What comes to my mind is other glitches in Zombies. Imagine high-Round players on Moon getting murdered by the Astro-Zombie's death-glitch-sprint. Is it avoidable? Yes. But more often than not it results in death of the team. People often in result glitch him to get stuck in the wall, feeling justified that the removal of the Astro-Zombie is a fair trade for the Astro-Zombie's sudden gain in speed.

And what about the Insta-Kill Bug on the World Record 171 Ascension playthrough? We assume that it was unavoidable, but what if it wasn't? What if the game just broke down and has a chance of doing that, just as it has a chance of restarting automatically (which ended up happening)? Should we disqualify the player for "glitching" and killing the Zombies so fast?

I feel they just used a glitch to overcome another glitch they were unfortunately given. It was a mere fraction of the total number of Rounds. They show more than enough that they have the necessary skill to achieve such a Round had luck and system scripts been kinder. Imagine yourself in their shoes. After probably half a day to a couple days of Dead Ops gameplay, getting to Round 117, you're on your way to an absolutely killer game, and then the game sends your way an unfair, seemingly-impossible challenge. Everything you've worked for is about to be ruined by a hiccup in the script, one that should not be there. You do what is necessary to survive, grudgingly probably, but you do it, feeling justified in that you are only using a glitch to survive a glitch. Tit for tat.

You misunderstood what I am saying. A glitch is perfectly acceptable if you get the invisible silverback. What I am saying is that they did NOT get the invisible silverback, which makes their glitching absolutely unacceptable.

Btw it takes 18 hours to get to round 120. Getting to 120 is pretty easy, but beating it is an entirely different thing. You have to go in with a LOT of lives if you want to beat it. You can't just limp in there with 0 lives and expect to beat it, unless you get unbelievably lucky. Just a little FYI for the non-DoA folks.

I didn't misunderstand. You talk about an invisible monkey. You act as if they had one. Or is it really that you don't know? If they did, then it is justified. If they didn't, well oh well, because we don't know. Most people don't upload every single Round. People are required to post every single Round for a World Record? This doesn't hold true for the "non-DoA folks"; I don't see why the DoA folks should be treated special. Perhaps their footage of those Rounds became corrupted? Honestly, if you're going to refute such a painstakingly high game with such small evidence, all of the World Records of high Rounds with little footage of lower Rounds should be refuted.

Obviously you are not required to upload every round of the game. If this player only uploaded the important rounds of this game I wouldn't have questioned anything. The problem here is hat this player uploaded every single round but the glitched ones. What are the odds of the footage corrupting from the exact time they started the glitch until halfway through round 120 for the boss round? Like 1 in a billion. He has uploaded videos of him glitching before, so why not now in the most important game? It doesn't add up, he didn't upload these rounds for a reason.

Forgive me for sounding stuck up about this, but look at it from my perspective. I have one of the greatest knowledge bases in the DoA community. I have played round 120 and know what it is like. To me, there is overwhelming evidence that there wasnt an invisible silverback. To someone like you, without the specific knowledge it won't be as clear. Also look at it this way. If you came up with this great theory for the storyline and I just came and said it was wrong with a poor reason, what would you say? I am not as tuned in to the fine details of the storyline as you are, just as you aren't as familiar with Dead Ops as I am.

Obviously you are not required to upload every round of the game. If this player only uploaded the important rounds of this game I wouldn't have questioned anything. The problem here is hat this player uploaded every single round but the glitched ones. What are the odds of the footage corrupting from the exact time they started the glitch until halfway through round 120 for the boss round? Like 1 in a billion. He has uploaded videos of him glitching before, so why not now in the most important game? It doesn't add up, he didn't upload these rounds for a reason.

Forgive me for sounding stuck up about this, but look at it from my perspective. I have one of the greatest knowledge bases in the DoA community. I have played round 120 and know what it is like. To me, there is overwhelming evidence that there wasnt an invisible silverback. To someone like you, without the specific knowledge it won't be as clear. Also look at it this way. If you came up with this great theory for the storyline and I just came and said it was wrong with a poor reason, what would you say? I am not as tuned in to the fine details of the storyline as you are, just as you aren't as familiar with Dead Ops as I am.

+1

MurderMachine: Trust Fatal with this matter. It may just be a suspicion, but think about it this way: why would you upload the entire game and not the last three rounds? The most important rounds of the world record, where you would give a shout of triumph. I may not be a DoA players, but that sounds pretty suspicious to me, specially when you can use the glitch on those last three rounds with the excuse of the invisible monkeys.

- Emperor Doggy II

Your first paragraph brings up good points that I didn't know. But your second leaves something to be desired. I know you're the most knowledgeable Dead Ops player, but your mannerisms seemed more like a tyrant than a leader. (i.e. "I declar[e] this [...] invalid") A lot of things in your argument, which may have seemed like common sense to you, didn't and doesn't come so easily to people who aren't veterans of the level. Your first paragraph had some good logic. Did you say all that before? Probably, but not like that. And I also find it a bit insulting you compare my reasoning as "poor". If you have good reasons to declare a record invalid, you'll have to explain them to where others can understand. I'm not saying you did a bad job; I thought you had done well. But apparently there are many things that didn't come to my mind that did to you. But as for your last statement: What, did you really expect to make a declaration without someone challenging it? You've made good points, so I'll back off. But if your declarations are really noteworthy, they'll be able to handle a challenge, making them stronger. So be prepared to argue them; not shoo people away because of their ignorance of Dead Ops.