Cutbacks

I've been working on some Nacht videos in the last couple of days and it got me thinking about the cutback.

It seems that if people don't know it they don't really understand it and it's sometimes hard to describe in words, especially when you hear the term drag out thrown in. Nacht can only be played really with the cutback. What's good about Nacht is the environment forces you to take the right path.

Just a quick video with some awesome music just for the CODZ guys. You will see some cutbacks here, including some drag outs :)

kbSfsRR4pls

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, from about 0:17-0:36 is the pinnacle of how to use the cut back to your advantage. Notice the sharp turns and the crescent turns he makes. This is a great video to show not only advanced training techniques on Nacht, but in all of zombies.

I know many would say that is a tight area, too small to train. However, the cut back can be used in many places that would normally look too small. It allows us to expand our kiting environments and get right near the zombies. While it may seem daunting- and certainly it is- trying the cut back out once or twice, and succeeding, will get you hooked. I know it did for me!

Great stuff as usual mate.

Guys, from about 0:17-0:36 is the pinnacle of how to use the cut back to your advantage.

Yes. Also another thing you'll notice if you watch closely and something I've learned from personal experience; when you cut back, don't cut into the zombies too much i.e. try not to brush to close to them.

I know this sounds like common sense, but a lot of people make their cut backs a little too extreme, they turn into it too much and they get hit. If you need to make a sharp cutback, make sure to do a little drag out first to make some extra room, as Chopper also demonstrates well here. This is one of the keys to advanced kiting and escaping danger.