PSA: Don't be fooled

LiamFTWinter

So fake viral campaigns for Black Ops 2 have started springing up recently and more will spring up as we get closer and closer to the official viral.

All I ask of you is to not get tricked into believing these viral campaigns, it happens often and big discussions break out only for people to become annoyed when a mod locks their thread.

Most of the time these fake campaigns are self advertising, the people who create the campaigns are usually the people who post their "mysterious new findings" on the forum, usually wanting attention and most of the time they get it, because a community with the interests of ours will jump at the chance for a viral campaign for Zombies.

But all I will say is wait, if a viral campaign is to happen for Black Ops 2, which I think it will considering the attention GKNOVA6 brought to Black Ops, you will know about it and will instantly be able to hop into the discussion, the whole forum will be discussing it.

If you do see any threads which contain what you think may be fake viral campaigns, go ahead and report it, moderators will look at the thread and if it is fake, it will be dealt with. (Moderators will check just in case something real does actually pop up and it's not mistaken for a fake viral)

And that's about it, thanks for reading.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't had said this better myself.

We had this problem when Black Ops was coming out, and we do NOT want the whole Salad Man thing to spring up again...

Ew.

Thanks,

Shapeshifter x3

Try not to hate at PTG, both sides of that are trying to patch things over. Us living in the memories of the past won't help anything.

I'm glad PTG are bringing HL back.

Obviously Liam's got a point but it doesn't mean you should stop following they're viral.

It's legit.

This wasn't aimed towards PTG, they aren't doing a viral campaign, just the story of zombies put into little viral esque videos

This was aimed at the fake virals that have popped up, like one that appeared in the GKNOVA6 section of the forums yesterday.

I like lurking just to see the cool info and maybe I want to comment, whether something's real or not. Thanks for the clarity.

Feel free to still comment your findings on it and such, but I guess the aim of this was to prevent the hatred and such the OP's and believers of such fake virals get, it's happened before and it isn't pretty. :lol:

As always, the noblr hero Sir Liam of Winter saves the day!

No but seriously, good job on raising awareness of this stuff. It's important people understand the risks involved with the viral campaign and the fakes that will inevitably come with it... Well done good sir ;)

-Jolteon