My Ascension solo Run (Ended) Log

way2g00d

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt a bit underrated with my 74 on Ascension. For some reason, I finally found some motivation to go for the 100, and did it ;) I'll open a separate thread with a log and some video in the meaning of a tutorial.

Well I played about 8 hours the first day, that brought me to the 80ies, and today again about 5 hours. So about 13 hours ;)

Dude, in 90+, I catched my hands full of sweat, my body shaking.

This is sooo boring, the same move again and again!! I can't hold it anymore!!

I'm sorry, but I can't bring up the patience to go for a WR ;) I would even eat a whole cow if I would do another 100 run! I don't see the point in it to be honest. As I said at the end of my first high round solo attempt video: What is the point in it, what have you gained? Why not spending the time with your friends or family? You gain a lot more 'relevant' experience like that! I wrote that in my sig with the words "... see below". However, it tickled. After beeing mentioned in the Masters Guide with ridiculous results, after getting a good result with 'hands in coop, it tickled too much for solo. But now I'm done and satisfied ;)

======

I downed in about 25 and once again in 48.

Both downs are in some way related to the fact, that I wanted to make sure, that I'm able to protect Quickrevive to be taken. My gun setup was thunder&crossbow. So it was delicate for monkeys, especially since the thunder would anyway be empty ;)

Well, both downs absolutely not necessary, just dumb.

One down cause I hit the box midround without taking the zombies serious at 25. I had only like 15 zombies left, and I knew the next round would be monkeys. But I only had like 5 shots left on the thunder. So I wanted to get a Ray Gun and swap the crossbow. But yeah, it failed and the Revive was anyway gone....

I wasn't sure if I should restart, but I just thought: "Bad start - good end! Let's go on!"

And the other down was because the zombies didn't get sucked into the gersh device as fast as I expected. I mean I know that zombies still hit you, once a gersh is active. But I didn't expect, that they hit me that long, especially since the gersh was placed quite close the those two critical zombies. My fault was to run into a corner, where I had no chance to escape, once I got blocked. Really really dumb, noobish and not necessary.

I had the thunder ready there. But since I just had an even ammo count, and I knew the next round would be monkeys and in the current round I'm working on the last wave with that gersh, I wanted not to shoot. I mean you know, it needs two shots for a monkey, so an even ammo count is cool ;).

By the not yet sucked in zombies, I got like one hit, two hits, three hits. Gersh was already active for like 3-5 seconds. I'm just thinking "Damn shit, but those 2 guys here will start to get sucked in within less than 1 second, I'm sure, I will survive it without wasting a shot!" .... And what happened was: Bam Bam, down :(

Therefore, I bought my 3rd Revive in 48, the machine vanished, and.... I felt free ;) No more need to protect that perk, everything else can be rebought! It was like a release ;) And indeed, nomore downs from 48-100.

The bad thing was just that I catched the crossbow, which I wanted for the higher rounds, within the first 2 3 box hits in round 15, instead of going for a Ray or keeping the M&S. I just had a lack of a monkey gun ;)

• 5 weeks later...

It was on ps3 a while back. Thanks but things are different on ps3. Lag killed me. It took me 2 plus hours and round was still going and I couldn't focus any more especially with the stream on. Will try xbox next time but I need to switch da controllers cuz my hands are in pain after an hour with xbox controller.

Nah, I was talking abt frame lag which is really noticeable after 135. It could be managed better by holding a claymore but if you look at the spawn I got when I died that claymore couldn't have saved me. I threw gersches after an i got nukes which messed up the spawn. I had to pause every 2 seconds because the whole screen was floating with lag. And I miscalculated last zombie coming thru window next to grenades and ran str8 into him with a horde of zombies Cominb from 5 different directions closing in on me. Was helpless I paused to reduce lag but was too late. Here is the ending video , I removed all pause screens because it is annoying to watch that in video.

0j1AdKwajDg

If you wanna follow when I stream major events it just about anything just keep an eye on grim reapers thread. My twitter is my user name.

At high rounds once you start the round, train them for a minute or so and they will stop spawning. This time reduces each round and depends on the location you a training them. While you are training be sure to farm some points with a wall gun. You will know that there are 24 once they stop spawning from nearby spawn points.