How do YOU handle the excavators?

perfectlemonade

Hey guys, perfectlemonade here just wanting to ask a quick question about handling the excavators on Moon. The excavators are really the only thing that ever gives me any trouble on Moon, because they force you to step out of your comfort zone and make a mad dash for safety. But yesterday, I tried a casual game on Moon just to try out new strategies, and I found the best one for handling it, IMO. So what I do is teleport, hack the machine, then wait until a majority of the zombies are spawned in. After that I get a space suit and slowly make my way through tunnel 11, taking my time to make sure they're all hoarded up. Then I go past the MDT and chill for a few seconds in the labs to make sure they all get caught up. Then it should be smooth sailing from then on out, whether you want to get back to the 74u area or the Biodome. And if you run into the astronaut at the top floor of the labs, he shouldn't be a problem to get around, as you can go the long way around (ie going through the 74u area to get to the Biodome, or vice versa). I was really surprised by how well this worked! But keep in mind, that for it to work, you should have all areas oxygenated, but that really shouldn't be a problem anyways, as it's the same strategy with all three excavators.

But I want to know, do yall think this way—or a different variety of this strategy—is THE best way of handling the excavators? Or is there another way that I'm just missing?

Oh, and one more thing, since the excavators have revolutionized Zombies by bringing in a third party as a threat and basically giving Zombies an 'objective', how do you think Treyarch will follow up with this? If a Paris map is next, do you think they'll have something similar? Like cave ins, or flooding, and you have to do something to stop it? I think that could be a possibility. :)

Anyways, thanks guys! Hope yall have a great weekend!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally just kill all zombies (expect for a crawler) and teleport to area 51 PaP anything i wanted get jug(if i don't already) and teleport back and hack. But normally i always have the wave gun, or gresch (but most of the time both) and if i have one of those two then i'll just teleport as soon as i hear the alarm go off. (this is solo if it was online i'll deal with it without telling the randoms so the zombies will deal with them and not me since i can't teleport without them on the teleporter or they're dead)

Well I usually wait, if I can, to hack the excavator untill a round change or a time when everyone wants to teleport. Unless its breaking Tunnel 11 or the Dome. If its one of those places, I just sorta dip back to the recieving bay and hack it, killing anything I see on the way.

Excavators always seem to mess up my teams whenever it shows up. Whether it be some random guy going to try and hack it mid-round and dying, or me leaving to hack it mid round and everyone else dying while I am still hella far away.

If I ever see the Spaceman in my way, I'll usually just turn around, run past anything following me and do another lap through Tunnel 11, the receiving Bay, and Tunnel 6. Usually gets him out of the choke points he blocks you in.

^-This is if we are camping/Running the Dome.

If I am playing with a good person, I'll just stick to the running strategy of "Through Tunnel 11, Run across Power Room, Through Tunnel 6, Through Recieving Bay." This just makes hacking the excavators just another part of the loop. The moment you get any breaks from zombies at all (or even a small gap in flow) you can just hack it, and keep on running afterwards.

^-With this one, its in everyone's best interest to hack EVERY Excavator. Since one person will be using the Dome, most likely, and you will be using Tunnel 6, AND Tunnel 11.

all i do is leave the dome and leave all the zombies to my friends (they dont mind some extra kills) then run to the quick revive room and hack the diggy thingys panel. never really get trapped any where because i only leave the doom when just about all the zombies are in there and cosmonaut is also usually in the dome with the zombies. then i just run back like it never happened. never really do any fancy tricks because i never really get cornered.

but if i do ever get cornered i just Mustang and Sally my feet to get out. i once emptied a FULL Mustang and Sally in the quick room trying to save a friend and the room did not depressurize. Mustang and Sally best "oh shit i am to die and i need some thing to save me fast" gun ever!

If everyone is running trains in the Biodome, the best ways are definately as follows.

Stop killing any zombies immediately. Gather them all in. Then:

Solo: Go the teleporter, teleport to NML then back to the starting area, hack and get out of there before the round restarts - it's always safe to dash back to the Biodome, especially if you have a Wave Gun in hand.

Co-op: Head for the front entrance of the Biodome, merging your train with another person's and letting them take all of the zombies (this requires communication). Then go back, hack the panel and head back to the Biodome. If your team-mates don't kill any of the zombies, then you won't get ambushed throughout the whole process.