First there Were Nagas.... Now Yetis! [UPDATED LINKS]

UPDATE: I decided to do further research, and it appears the Nazis were aware of and searching for Yetis in the 1930s: http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/nazis-tibet-yeti/

So we're going to the legendary city of Shangri-La, and for those not yet aware, this particular city is said to be a Paradise that resides in some valley in the Himalayas. But lost cities are not the only thing that supposedly hides in these mountains. I want you to meet the Yeti, also known (rather informally) as the 'Abominable Snowmen'.

In the case of Cryptozoology (the study of hidden animals), the Yeti are one or more species of bipedal ape that are supposedly found in the Himalayas; similar to the Sasquatch of North America. Their footpints are sometimes found by mountain climbers on the higher mountains, but it is thought that they live in the warm, tropical valleys of the mountain range. While popular culture often depicts the Yeti as white, the few sightings of them indicate the color brown.

In some Himalayan cultures, the Yeti are a type of half-animal, half-spirit deity that guard the tops of the mountains, preventing humans from reaching the peaks. I do not think that it would be all that different for them to be guarding Shangri-La in the same manner....

They have also found their way into BO already: If you get far enough into Dead Ops Arcade, you will find them fighting alongside giant exploding versions of the Yeti.

Proofs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeti

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be the new monkey-like creatures, but they look more like a Chupacbra-type creature.

Maybe this map will bring a bunch of mythical creatures, like Red dead redemption: Undead Nightmare?

I think that would be cool, but I think chupacabras would be unlikely as they come from Puerto Rico and surrounding countries.

Updated the first post with a link I found that actually shows that the Nazis were aware of Yetis... and may have searched for them in their expeditions to the Himalayas.