Odd Glitch

Excuse me if this has been posted...

So just a few hours ago my friend and I were playing CotD. We were camping down at the base of the lighthouse(We were stuck down there until one of us bought a door, which we didn't yet. We got there via the ice slide near Speed Cola). We had a crawler left. My friend had got a Death Machine, and we were trying to kill George, so he was emptying the thing into George. George was standing in the pool of water. I was facing the other way. Suddenly, I heard the Samantha laugh, like when you get the teddy bear from the box. My friend asked me if I "saw that". I didn't know what he was talking about, but I was a bit weirded out because neither of us were using the box, so the sound effect was odd, but my friend said that George disappeared. I looked and saw, sure enough, George had disappeared. He didn't drop any perks or the Death Machine either. We killed the crawler and as soon as the round started, George respawned near in the water near Speed Cola(I think). I questioned my friend, since I didn't see George disappear, and he said that George didn't explode or go back in the water or do his death animation or anything, he flat out disappeared in a blink.

Now I'm sure we didn't kill him, because:

1. he didn't drop a perk/Death Machine

2. he respawned the next round instead of being gone for a round

3. he didn't explode or do his death animation, but simply disappeared

4. the Samantha/teddy bear laugh sound effect was made

I'm guessing George got stuck or something? The Sam laugh leads me to believe it was a glitch, and that Treyarch programmed George to disappear if he glitched out, and the Sam laugh was to inform the player that George was purposely disappeared(due to a glitch, so the solution was to remove him). I hope that makes sense. Anyone else experience this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Occasionally when George is killed his Perk/DM reward will move to another body of water near by. I have killed George in the Spawn body of water, and found the Perk/DM near the bottom of the lighthouse. George will actually teleport to another body of water before going under. You can actually see a red streak in the direction that he went. I find this happens to me more during Solo, but I have seen it in Live matches as well. This is most likely what happened to you.

There are multiple topics on this, but I figure I just answer your question instead of just saying "use the search bar". I freakin hate when that's all someone says! :evil:

Occasionally when George is killed his Perk/DM reward will move to another body of water near by. I have killed George in the Spawn body of water, and found the Perk/DM near the bottom of the lighthouse. George will actually teleport to another body of water before going under. You can actually see a red streak in the direction that he went. I find this happens to me more during Solo, but I have seen it in Live matches as well. This is most likely what happened to you.

There are multiple topics on this, but I figure I just answer your question instead of just saying "use the search bar". I freakin hate when that's all someone says! :evil:

Yeah but he said he just disappeared, didnt kill him

We didn't kill him, like I said. We had just started trying to kill him that round with weak guns. His stagelight was still light blue. And the Sam laugh was the big clue he hadn't died. Plus, like I said, he respawned the next round instead of being gone for 1 round.

There is one Glitch(They all seem to happen with him) that Annoys the hell out of me. After would play Solo and use Flopper and Sickle to take out George behind the light house where Stamin-Up is. After I take him out and when he returns, he will never stop and Roar when you shoot him. Either when he is in the water or not, he also doesn't change into "Berserk George" he would look like Calm George but still chase after you.

This "odd glitch" has happened to me before. Happens to be we were in the back of the lighthouse and we got the teddy bear out of the box, while George was running mad by the box. Samantha laughed and then George disappeared and came from the water closest to the box.

I had an even more odd glitch playing today. I shot george with the upgraded Scavenger while he was about to die. With double tap and quick reload i shot George with approx. 12 bolts from the Scavenger. He died, but the explosions from the bolts kept going and he stopped doing his death dance. He then walked over to the quick revive island and stood there with the VR-11 glow around him like he is going to be going under water. He was just there, bouncing his light stand up and down, looking at whoever was closest. Then he would get out of the way for crawlers and then go directly back to the exact same spot on the island.