Using claymores against thief useless? (video inside)

Tom852

Hey everybody. I began to like claymores recently, and now I'm trying out different methods to use them. I thought, one really nice opportunity to use claymores is against the thief. This is as well recommended in lots of strategy guides, but check the video out.

iPqR011bfB0

The claymores seem absolutely useless?? Or did I do something wrong?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, point them in the direction he's running. also stagger the claymore so every other one is crossing lasers. this will make them explode at the same time. dont know if it makes sense to ya or not but maybe this helps...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

keep the straight row of claymores. but in between each one, point two that face each other. ya know?

EDIT:

oh sorry, just watched the video. not the strategy i use. pile them all up in front of double tap and the elevator door. just make a wall of explosives that faces out on the catwalk. so as soon as he runs by, twenty of those bitches go off at once. if it doesnt kill him instantly it will only take a few bullets afterward!

I hope other guys can take their profit too :)

I'm just checking out where claymores come in handy, cause i think they are a little bit underrated. The problem is just, that you get only 2 each round, but if you save them and use it for particular stuff, like the thief / monkey / dogs / protect jug in case you died and rebuy it and so on :)

• 10 months later...

The best spot to set them up is in the PaP room outside of the teleporter. If you make a crawler every round and open the PaP room, set them up starting next to the teleporter and in a line leading out of the room. If this room is open when the thief round starts, he'll spawn in the teleporter and chase you out of the room, activating all the claymores you and your teammates have stacked up. This is even easier if your having one or two people play in the Pap room throughout the game, so that you don't have to make a crawler and open it every round. This works awesome, try it!