Did any one hear the phone ring?

way2g00d

Last night I was on 41 (with another player who went down later in that round), and I was trying to get gersch back from the box in the room up the stairs from PAP. It's been a while and no signs of gersches even after 50 hits.Then I heard a phone ring, until that time I did not even notice there was a red telephone on the wall next to a box. Anyways. I answered it (press square on ps3) and I heard a a scary devilish laugh and it hung up after few seconds. After that I hit the box again and to my surprise I got the gersch on my first try. I am little disturbed after that because of the fact that I was the only person alive at that time and that felt creepy.

I don't know if this was posted before and I don't know if anyone experience the phone ringing. Any comments from you guys?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was actually found a week after the release of Ascension. There are 3/4 (Not completely sure but im pretty sure there are least 3) phones around the whole map. Their purpose was to justify the fact that Five and Ascension are happening at the same time; thus to prove to that FIVE did have relevance to the Nazi Zombie story.

In one of the phones you can actually J.F.K speaking "need beans for the chowder here," showing it does take place during Ascension

Phone#1 can be found near flopper

Phone #2 can be found near the downstairs room to speed cola

Phone #3 is found in the first room near the m14 and the first Lander

Phone #4 (Not found or does not exist)

Also in some of these phones you can Castro as well. In order to activate the phones you have to hold X or Square

Hope you understand. Just my 2 cent

This was actually found a week after the release of Ascension. There are 3/4 (Not completely sure but im pretty sure there are least 3) phones around the whole map. Their purpose was to justify the fact that Five and Ascension are happening at the same time; thus to prove to that FIVE did have relevance to the Nazi Zombie story.

In one of the phones you can actually J.F.K speaking "need beans for the chowder here," showing it does take place during Ascension

Phone#1 can be found near flopper

Phone #2 can be found near the downstairs room to speed cola

Phone #3 is found in the first room near the m14 and the first Lander

Phone #4 (Not found or does not exist)

Also in some of these phones you can Castro as well. In order to activate the phones you have to hold X or Square

Hope you understand. Just my 2 cent

Thanks for the info. I am guessing these phones ring randomly during the game play.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5969&start=0

This has videos of each phone. It should give you their locations and what they say.

And the COD Wiki tells you what causes each of these phones to ring:

* There are three red telephones similar to the ones in "Five" scattered around the map. When these telephones are answered, a line said by a character from "Five" can be heard. These telephones will not ring until a specific event occurs. Once they are answered they won't ring again. To answer, the player must "use" the ringing telephone. Treyarch has confirmed that "Five" and Ascension take place at the same time, meaning the characters in "Five" were somehow able to call the characters in Ascension while fighting off the zombies. The phones' locations are:

1. To the left of the lunar lander in the centrifuge room, between multiple fuse boxes. To make this telephone ring, either the musical easter egg needs to be activated or the player must get ten kills (only in single-player). When answered, President Kennedy can heard saying "Need some beans for the chowder here". He said this in "Five" when he ran out of ammo.

2. To the left of the power switch, through the chain link fence, down the stairs, turn right, to the left of the Mystery Box spawn point. It is confirmed that this telephone rings during a "Fire sale". When answered, the player can hear Nixon fire a weapon (FN FAL), and howl like a wolf. He did this in "Five" when he killed multiple zombies.

3. Located just to the right of the PhD Flopper machine. This Phone rings when the player receives the Ray Gun from the Mystery Box. When answered, the player can hear Fidel Castro say "Come to me, the revolution dies without Fidel Castro". He says this in "Five" when he is downed.

Hope this helps

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5969&start=0

This has videos of each phone. It should give you their locations and what they say.

* There are three red telephones similar to the ones in "Five" scattered around the map. When these telephones are answered, a line said by a character from "Five" can be heard. These telephones will not ring until a specific event occurs. Once they are answered they won't ring again. To answer, the player must "use" the ringing telephone. Treyarch has confirmed that "Five" and Ascension take place at the same time, meaning the characters in "Five" were somehow able to call the characters in Ascension while fighting off the zombies. The phones' locations are:

1. To the left of the lunar lander in the centrifuge room, between multiple fuse boxes. To make this telephone ring, either the musical easter egg needs to be activated or the player must get ten kills (only in single-player). When answered, President Kennedy can heard saying "Need some beans for the chowder here". He said this in "Five" when he ran out of ammo.

2. To the left of the power switch, through the chain link fence, down the stairs, turn right, to the left of the Mystery Box spawn point. It is confirmed that this telephone rings during a "Fire sale". When answered, the player can hear Nixon fire a weapon (FN FAL), and howl like a wolf. He did this in "Five" when he killed multiple zombies.

3. Located just to the right of the PhD Flopper machine. This Phone rings when the player receives the Ray Gun from the Mystery Box. When answered, the player can hear Fidel Castro say "Come to me, the revolution dies without Fidel Castro". He says this in "Five" when he is downed.

Hope this helps

Thanks, Reps for you.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5969&start=0

Hope this helps

Interesting, so Castro gets downed, Kennedy runs out of ammo and Nixon kills multiple zombies. I'm guessing McNamara already died by that time. Maybe they all just died. Or maybe if they were lucky, they are alive, without McNamara and he gets replaced by someone else? Idk, but I doubt we'll be seeing them again.