Kino's Timeline.

Kino's Truth

One question thats been asked a lot is what year does Kino take place? Most use facts like the Berlin Wall and Fernsehturm as proof this takes place from 1965 to 1969. Well I would believe that its just that obviously conflicts with "Five" and "Ascension" which take place in 1963. Lets take a step back shall we?

Germany's Downfall

In the 1940's not only did the Allies take down Germany but another unknown enemy was also slowly taking it down as well. We currently know of three German outbreaks in this time period. Natch Der Untoten, Verruckt, and Der Riese. I believe with reasons of my own, that Verruckt is the first outbreak. Now of course this infection can't spread... We burned the forest surrounding the Asylum! They can't get out... But of course they were wrong! Zombies are obviously still rampant there and it will spread... oh it will... Now onto the Der Riese incident. This outbreak happened and the zombies did get out... At this point with now two known outbreaks, Germany will increase its security.

Slowly but surely

With Zack moving in from multiple directions, Germany will attempt to protect all... but most of all the Heart of the Reich, Berlin! Under these circumstances, progress on any current project must be accelerated before it is stopped by the Horrors itself. So in this alternate universe, the Fernsehturm has started to be built before 1965. Now this I am not quite sure on... Possibly Group 935 were allowed by the government to continue experiments in hopes to stop the madness. By attempting to actually control Zack. Unfortunately whether they came from Kino or the outside, Germany had fallen!

The Fall of Europe!

Now most of us know there were Group 935 stations in both France and England. Perhaps they did not know of Germany's problems or maybe they did. Either way they did not anticipate that they would fall from the inside. These stations obviously got out of hand and ravaged Europe. Now this here is fitting in with the timeline of Ascension and Five. The world now really is at the brink of an apocalypse. With Russia and America, the world's two superpowers hanging on by a strand, how will we survive?

The Last Line of Defense

I'm simply basing this off of gaming sense and common sense. America will be the last line of defense against Zack. Washington may have fallen but they have a secret weapon being homed by AREA 51!

Lets face it, we knew this would happen at one point. Treyarch obviously wouldn't put the last stand in Australia or Antarctica. Hidden inside this base may be a wonder weapon that can completely obliterate the Horrors once and for all.

Clearing up

Let me clear some things up. If you look outside of Kino, the Fernsehturm is half built and everything is abandoned. This hints towards either quarantine or they have fallen.

Alright thanks for reading if you did and yeah... Thanks...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Date displayed when the Asylum Map Starts, it was Five Months after Berlin Surrendered to the Soviet Union. This could mean that the "Night of the Dead" Map happened sometime before that. The Experiments with "The Bell" the DG-2 the Outbreak that Followed in all four Locations happened sometime not far near end of the War. "Kino Der Toten" From what I heard, was to be a "World At War" DLC Map. So its clear to see that what happened here, way before the Four Heroes were Teleporterted into the Future Happened around the same time as the Four Maps.

Let me give you a theory as to how the "Outbreaks" Happened in Order.

These Event's happened a week or two after Dr. Maxis and Samantha's "Death".

Richtofen was a Der Riese but after seeing Signs like "I know it was you." on the Black Boards, he left to the Asylum.

I'm assuming that the "Night of the Dead" Map was a Drop Off area, a place to hold many of the Zombies. Judging by the Decay of the structure it probably was left abandoned and No one didn't noticed the change in their behavior.

The Asylum was the first area the Zombies broke free. Richtofen and some of the Scientist along with, who I call "Hangman" escaped the went to Shi No Numa to continue DG-2 Experiments.

The Base in Shi No Numa was then next, seeing something is off, Richtofen managed to Escape. He returned to Der Riese.

I'm guessing that maybe the Theater was next, the attempts to submit commands through subliminal images wasn't working and the Scientist There were then attacked by the Uncontrolled Zombies.

Seeing the Shit was hitting the Fan, Richtofen Triggered "The Shield" which caused the Zombies to break from containment and he faked his death. (Im guessing it was his voice in the Hidden Radio in Z-B)

One thing that's be racking my brain is why does Samantha want these four? We know she controls the Zombies, see supplies that Weapons from the Box, the Power-Ups. Its no boubt that she Transported the four from Shi No Numa to Der Riese. However I do feel that Teleporting them to the Future was a Accident thats to the DG-2 overloading. I also believe it was Dr. Gersch who brought the four to Ascension.

What I'm asking is. Does she have a Motive for keeping them alive?

Eh, I haven't heard anything of Kino Der Toten supposing to be a Black Ops Map... It resembles no World at War Map, and that Fergensheturm was not built anywhere in the 1940's... Also I'm pretty sure Verruckt took place in 1941 since it kind of says specifically 1941... just a little before the war ended...

Anyways, if this is true then were gonna have to clarify some things. There is a difference between the outbreak themselves and when the heroes are fighting there. We don't know yet why or how the heroes got to Shi No Numa. So lets just say when they are at Der Riese... The fall has already happened... When they are fighting in Der Riese it has already happened...

And Samantha probably at the same time wants to kill the heroes also likes to play games which is why they are alive. Her humour has benefited them via mystery boxes and power ups.

Extracts from my nazi zombie timeline thread

- 1945 May 8th

World War 2 Ended

-

First Zombie outbreak - Verruckt *

-1945 september

Marine extraction team lead by Tank Dempsey into Verruckt.

Tank Dempsey Captured and sent to Der Riese

Start of the space race

- 1961 August 13th

Construction began on the Berlin Wall (which is feature on the Zombie map Kino Der Toten)

FIVE timeline

-1963 November 22

John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the thirty-fifth President of the United States, was assassinated at 12:30 p.m. Central Standard Time (18:30 UTC)

The Fernsehturm construction started

-

Kino Der Toten Timeline - Kino was set between 1965 and 1969, based on the fact the fernsehturm is still being constructed in Kino viewable in the alleyway

-

The Soyuz Rocket first flew in 1966, and was derived from the Voskhod rocket, it was a member of the R-7 family of rockets. It was a two-stage rocket, with four liquid-fuelled strap-on boosters clustered around the first stage, with a Block I second stage.

Ascension timeline - i base Ascension between 1966 and 1968 for the reasons being

the crew went from Kino to Asecsion, there was no time travel involved.

The fernsehturm tower in kino was still being built which fits perfectly.

The rocket seen in Ascension is a Soyuz Rocket, and further backs up my timeline proof ingame

The Fernsehturm Construction ended

As There is no time travel from Kino to Ascension, then the year for kino is going to be the same as Ascension give or take a couple of months (still don't know how they got there). which places Them both around 1966

also Verruckt was set in 1945 proved via ingame date

September 1945 in big red letters on screen

You lot need to think more FOURTH dimensionally... (Back to the future Reference)

They messed with some very powerful forces...

Breaking into the Aether Realm could have fractured time... Think LOST...

Time converges on one point, the Past, Present & Future all become one...

I hope this helps. ;)

Regards Snake.

You lot need to think more FOURTH dimensionally... (Back to the future Reference)

They messed with some very powerful forces...

Breaking into the Aether Realm could have fractured time... Think LOST...

Time converges on one point, the Past, Present & Future all become one...

I hope this helps. ;)

Regards Snake.

yeah, Crop circles has had a 6th dimension theory for quite some time, hes close to cracking it (if he hasn't already and not posted anything)

deep down i believe time split when the ww-dg2 overloaded the teleporter in Der Riese (hence why it seems as though we teleport into shi no numa and because of the new SNN radio transmission), however this would ruin my timeline theory so for the moment im leaving that aspect of unanswered questions to people like you and CC lol

(really need a thumbs up smiley on this site btw)

I really don't think we have to be Totally Accurate with the Time Line. Because Treyarch certainly didn't. The AUG was built in the 70's, hardly doubt there was a early prototype, the same for the AK 74.

i do agree with the fact the guns make the timeline mess up :)

however treyarch needed guns in its zombie mode, Treyarch have gone with guns that balance the gameplay, not compliment the timeline, they would have had to code all new guns altogether to fit in, too time consuming when it could just leach off single and multiplayer guns (SP is where MP40 came from)

plus i believe that only the MP40 has any direct relevance to the stop and timeline

it is still a very valid point though and something we cant dismiss altogether as a possibility

They do. But if you want to Wrap your Mind on something. I have a good theory as to how US been working on Teleport Technology, How they Got it, Who the "Pentagon Thief" Is and....Your going to love this. The Outbreak that happened in Ascension happened before the Four entered Kino. But if alot of figured that out.

Maybe the Tower, and the object, which would be the Radio Tower are to give you an idea of where the Theater is located rather then what Date they entered.

As you say the Fernsehturm was built in 1965 and finished in 1969. But seeing how there is a AUG in the Game which was first created in the early seventy's(produced in 79) So thats a big 10 year gap that you got to add.

Your right though, that is the Fernsehturm, but maybe they added it so you would know where the Theater is....Next to the Berlin Wall. I'm assuming on the other side is Russia. So maybe, now with Ascension as the New Map, my theory about how they Got from Kino to Ascension is accurate.

Hm... I'm interested... Do you care to expand on that theory of yours?

And yeah, the guns have absolutely no effect on this time line. Never use it to pinpoint the time in Call of Duty storyline since its extremely inaccurate.

Now, I think that we should have to gain some understanding of the time line of this "zombie line". Obviously, the Black Ops Campaign will be completely different now from the Zombie line.

So, lets try to think outside of the box more often. Yes, the TV Tower was starting to be built in 1965. But obviously it has stopped construction as seen in Kino. Now I don't think it will resume anytime soon because of the Zack Attacks.

My point is I don't think making a Zombie Time Line will be entirely accurate because your including real life events that could not happen.

its widely known Treyarch adapts it story based on real life events but molds/warps them to fit into the nazi zombie story line.

and believe it or not the campaign timeline fits in with the overall zombie/real world timeline perfectly, i will be updating my time line over the next few days and should be near completion very soon

Well if Berlin Fell, we wouldn't technically be able to fight in Berlin Wall would we?

And I know its based on real life events, but Obviously the TV Tower wouldn't finish construction in this time line...

And if Treyarch wishes to make a sequel to Black Ops, they wouldn't be able to because because of the "Zombie Apocalypse". So no matter what you think there is going to be a distinction.

Zombies are coming from "outside" of Kino which means they have taken Berlin. And like the televisions show on the zombies screen, Nova Gas Crawlers are on the street too.

"The Countdown to the Zombie Apocalypse has begun". All of this foreshadows, dum dum,

Zombie Apocalypse. Apocalypses don't happen in isolated areas do they...

Zombies are coming from "outside" of Kino which means they have taken Berlin. And like the televisions show on the zombies screen, Nova Gas Crawlers are on the street too.

"The Countdown to the Zombie Apocalypse has begun". All of this foreshadows, dum dum,

Zombie Apocalypse. Apocalypses don't happen in isolated areas do they...

Yes and in kino image files of white text saying "the element is here" this image has never been found ingame, but was originally meant for kino, therefore my statement remains, they only appear around sources of element 115.

Also I do see your point about zombies.coming from outside the theater, but zombies come from outside ALL maps, its possible this is just a spawn location and not indicating zombies have overrun europe, but your statement might also be true mate

Perhaps when some Nazi soldiers used the teleporter it glitched and send them through time.

They would have arrived in the future, maybe the 70s, and obtained several copies of guns from the 70s and attempted to get back to their time.

These guns such as the Famas, Galil, AK74U, AUG, etc could win them the war.

They would have successfully gotten back to their time and given the guns to the Nazi scientists to take apart and examine.

Samantha could have added them to the mystery box as well then.

I know it's unlikely but its the best I can think of right now of why there are Black Ops guns in WaW maps such as Der Riese.

This is something I posted earlier this morning, but I think it could be relevant here.

"Well why would Nazi symbols still be in the theater twenty years later? I think that Kino takes place because of the use of Gersch devices in Ascension, but the Fab Four would have never got to Ascension if it weren't for Kino. See the Gersch devices in the future create a time rip between the weapons of the future and the time of the past, so the boys traveled in time only somewhat to the future, the teleporter just sends them to the place where Maxis first showcased teleportation, they are in a limbo between the past and the future. When they are pulled all the way through to Ascension. They end up on the lunar lander and come down, while fighting zombies and monkeys, they use Gersch devices, and further the time paradox they are stuck in. They are trying to free Gersch from the Aether so he can help them out of their time loop.

Just a theory. :mrgreen: "

And Kino was originally going to be on Map Pack 4 for WaW that never got released. Instead of throw away a great map, they changed the guns, added Nova Zombies, and released it on Black Ops.