Do you want the active topic and search function back?

carbonfibah

Well if you do, you have to help me with a problem. Awhile ago the site was using a lot of CPU and we were being trottled by the host. Now I looked up these occurrences and found that the site was snagging up because of something one person did with the search feature, whatever it may be. So until I could fix the search, I disabled it. Well now trying to reactivate it, it doesn't seem to work.

It says

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

It could be an issue where it is not connecting to the database correctly to get the content.

Now, I am not sure what needs to be fixed or changed. This is what I currently have the forum's search settings to.

4907865847.png

So if we can get this resolved then those features can return.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The search function worked for a second, then I read a few more posts and its gone down again... :/

[edit] try reducing the system search load limit down to 2?

Originally it was set at 1, so that is what I put it back to. No instant results, but maybe I have to re-index it, or delete cookies, perhaps there is something that needs to be reset. That's all I got at the moment, but thanks for that, I forgot I had changed that awhile back.

Your host should have no problem helping you. (unless they're some asses)

I used InMotion hosting when I had forums and anytime I had a problem I would just open a help ticket with them, explain the problem and they would either tell me what to do or go in and fix it for me... worth a short if you haven't asked them, worst they'll say is no help.