Surviving longer tenhiques (splitscreen offline)

This may sound sad but i dont have live and i wont be getting it anytime soon, but thats not the issue, me and my brother always make it to about round 27/28 and we die, my younger bro is a better gamer than me but we get fed up of dieing on the same rounds most of the time, our record is like almsot 29 we got killed by the last 5 zombies, clever little brainless things. anyone done better than that offline splitscreen or solo, and if so whats your technique.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we play zombies the main tactics are:

1) Grouping and camping, I don't like it, but if one player is way better than the other(s) you can group with the worst watching the windows.

But you get overrun easily so you need an escape route (lunar lander, teleporter,...)

2) Grouping and running, not my favourite but it works well, the players run togeter and they use a low damage non-upgraded weapon and a high power weapon.

I don't like it because if the one with the thundergun dies it's very difficult to revive him.

3) Splitting and camping, good tactic, the zombies are splitted and it's easier to revive someone.

But at high rounds you get overrun.

4) Splitting and running, best tactic, simply split and everyone groups zombies in an area to kill them all with a trap.

So it's easier to revive someone and to resist the hordes.

I hope that this will help.

The lunar lander is the "new teleporter".

The thing that transport you across the map for 250 points.

For a camping spot I suggest the room under the juggernog.

Open the upstairs door and then you can camp in there with a easy escape route.

EDIT: Sorry this is for ascension.

Me and a friend were doing splitscreen the other day and this tactic worked well for us:

One of us runs the theatre circle tactic: basically run around on the stage dodging the zombies while running around gathering them all behind you, then once they stop spawning for a while line em up and take em down.

Meanwhile the other runs a large loop that goes like this: Start in the theatre and run through the middle to the lobby, turn around and shoot, once you start getting overrun run upstairs and through the next two doors, head through the dressing room onto the stage. be careful not to cut off the stage runners zombies or you both will be messed up. its good to activate the trap after going through the dressing room onto the stage.

The stage runner should have a setup of juggernog, ray gun, m16, and quick revive. the large loop runner should have the thundergun, mp40 juggernog and speed cola. there will be times when the other player will go down(Duh its zombies) and the players should use this strategy to revive them.

If the stage runner goes down, the large loop runner should carry on through the circle. if the zombies end up in front of you as your headed to the theatre blast them with the thundergun and carry on, if they are coming from behind, nothing to worry about. if the large loop runner goes down the stage runner should observe which direction the zombies are coming from. if they come from the direction of the lobby, head through the dressing room to your downed teamate keeping all the zombies behind you. if they come from the dressing room, head in the direction of the lobby. its important that when running on the stage you try to coordinate when both of you are about to meet on the stage. if the zombies split from its original runner it can be harmful to the person whos in between two hordes of zombies.

thats it, me and my friend got to round 35 split screen =D i went down because he freaked about something and i looked at his screen for a second causing me to get caught in a corner. he then proceeded to panic when i went down and rushed to me causing him to go down.

that post was very long but i kinda do that, you should try it with tokyo and rose (pm63 pack a punched) once you have all the drinks (juggernog, etc) buy that gun and pack a punch it, the ammo goes down quickly but if you bunch the zombies up, aim for the head and keep thing up close and personal when shooting, you should make enough money to purchase some upgraded pm63 ammo. and a little bonus with this gun (i noticed this when i played five) you run faster than u do with a pistol, cos when i was on five the pentagon theif chased me and i was faster than him without sprinting and he was proper running, not walking try it and tell me what u think to my idea :)

• 2 weeks later...