Kowloon maybe the next zombie map?

I think the reason Kowloon might be the next map for the Zombies is because all around the map there are windows that look like you can repaire. I like the idea of this map becasue it has that feeling zombies could be there (To me I dont know what you think Im just saying that).It would be pretty cool if they could to have them crawl up from the side of the bulidings AKA NOVA GAS CRAWLERS!Oh and also you can get the Thunder Gun during the story but peopl may say its a easter egg in the story but how knows,maybe its a sign? 8-)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could easily be made more complex and maze like.

Zipline like shino, still useless though.

I really dont want the thundergun anymore tbh, i want a new gun or even the winters howl again. i also want rid of the ray guns and replaced with something just as cool. We may see the arrival of the wunderwaffe 3g

I honestly don't think Kowloon is in the near future of zombies. However, I find that to be unfortunate because I happen to love the multiplayer map. It is my favorite MP map out of the old and new maps combined. I feel like it would be a perfect design for a zombies map to be based on for several reasons.

1. What I've heard (and I feel the same way) is that people have enjoyed to somewhat increased verticality of the maps. Nacht Der Untoten had an upstairs. Veruckkt kinda did. Shi no Numa had the start building upstairs. Der Reise had an upstairs (sort of). Same with Kino. Five introduced the first map with three distinct floors. It is my least favorite map to date but I thought the floors made it kind of interesting. Ascension is where Treyarch began to nail verticality. There are several staircases on pretty much every part of the map. The main building has five floors (2 are pretty tiny though) and I think people can back me up when I say that I'm enjoying a more complex map design. Getting back to Kowloon, this map would be perfect to expand further on having a more vertical map while keeping it large. Kowloon's size is perfect. It is quite large and has a massive amount of vertical elements.

2. The windows idea seems to make sense along with the monkeys in cages. There is some evidence although I think it wasn't intentional

3. It would incorporate previously seen elements such as ziplines, roof elements, etc.

The biggest reason why I don't believe this miracle will happen is that the engine that is used to support zombies would not be strong enough to create this map. One thing that Kowloon is known for is it's use of ladders and ledges to reach high areas. I don't know if Im the only one who's noticed but none of the other zombie maps have ladders and none of them allow players to pull themselves up onto ledges. This is also the reason why Fallout 3 had no ladders (check it, there are NONE). Also, for all you hopeful souls out there, the engine's capacity is also why a zombie map cannot currently support more than four players. Hopefully when COD 9 comes along, Treyarch will be using a more powerful engine and will be able to provide larger zombie maps with larger player capacity and with the intangibles listed above.