Anyone know the Mystery man easter egg next step?

elite378

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't unlocked all the existing Mystery Man steps, but I wanted to propose some more theories for what to do when all 4 people get the DMs.

Since you can't use your X button, obviously you can't activate anything on the map. Likely you need to all shoot something. But what? Theories for other people to debunk :)

1. Everyone needs to shoot the mystery box. Since Sam was after the mystery man, maybe you have to find/attack her entry into our world.

2. Everyone needs to shoot 4 of the mystery box teddy bear locations.

3. Everyone needs to shoot the 3 teddy bears easter eggs scattered around the map that have been previously activated by pressing X. The last person needs to shoot the mystery box.

4. I know people have already tried to shoot the locked door together. But maybe there is another door, or floor grate, that needs to be shot?

5. Shoot the Pack a Punch machine? A stretch I know.

Please discuss, prove, or disprove these ideas!

Oh, I forgot my best idea!

6. Since the are Samantha's toys, and specific to the Ascension map, each of the 4 characters needs to shoot their specific doll with the DM.

From CoD Wiki:

The colors that the Matryoshka dolls have, gives the characters color. Dempsey (white light) explodes first, then Richtofen (green), Takeo (yellow) and last Nikolai (blue).

I'd think you'd have to previous activate them with the X button too.

i think you can repair windows with a DM cuz i played on five once and i picked it up near the end of a round and i could repair windows, just letting you know..

I just read that in another forum too. That's interesting. So you can still interact with the DM.

I bet people have tried to upgrade it in the PaP already, no?

That opens up more options, but I bet it still has something to do with shooting something, since they are massive guns.

• 2 weeks later...

alright guys this is the first forum i have gotten on. ive been pretty sick the past couple days and have had nothing to do but watch videos and read about this easter egg. first of i have noticed alot of things people havnt on ascension. the fact that one of the steps is having a fist of iron, it does not make me think that it is the death machine bc the zombie map takes place on a soviet commodrone in russia. the russian communist flag has a hammer and a sickle on it. i believe that the fist of iron is the sickle bc it has more reference to the russian backround. also i noticed that there was an eminem song on the zombie map five so treyarch or whoever had to of made a deal with eminem for the song but i dont think that was the end of eminem for the call of duty reference bc another reference is made about eminem on one of the phones. i could honestly be overthinking this like i do alot of things but ive done this damn easter egg so many times its ridiculous. also read the lyrics to the song in five(wont back down) and then listen to the song (i need a doctor) it has alot of reference with ascension if you know the whole backround story. i believe its about them taking a rocket or something out of there. so many hidden messages. also the landers are numbered 1,3,4,5,. no number 2?

give me some feedback guys. im slowy driving myself crazy trying to figure this out.(another eminem reference!!)

The 2nd lander has been exhausted to death...with not a lot of success...

As for eminem, I am going to say i think we can safely assume he is not the missing link to the equation. Perhaps you'd like to make a thread tying him to Ascension? But I don't see Treyarch tying Nazi zombies to eminem (though I do have a good mental picture of rapping zombies in my head...)

The fist of iron is an interesting theory...but how do you account for no active hammers for us to wield. Sickles are often made of a lightweight steel, as they are too heavy to carry made of iron. They're original dimensions were much larger than the game shows, and were used for harvesting grain...not brains. Still, if you could give some more details, I would consider any of these a little more.

We have several theories as to the next step and lander 2, but no one has that next, last, or another step to add.

ahh but i am a history buff sir and this time in era takes place during the time of the bulshevik revolution which was ruled by blood and iron and the iron represents the sickle on the soviet flag. look more into researching the backround of nazi zombies from all the levels and i think that someone will be able to decipher it. plus some of the teddy bears are holding sickles thru out the level. i know the whole eminem thing is farfetched but read the lyrics as the song plays man alot of strong references towards the game.

Hmm... half of me wants to believe there IS a hidden lander position, another half says it's just there to screw with our heads. However, in the junkyard area, there's a broken lander tossed aside.

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the possible 4th spot, but the first idea that came to mind was throw a gersch at it.

if you do the lander glitch and get out of bounds ike ontop the buildings you can see like a lander hole on a roof of an unobtainable building unless glitched out. video is on youtube of showing it im just to lazy to go back and find it. also in all of the zombie main charachters profiles takeo is the only one with a date of death meaning he died. im thinking that takeo has to be sacrificed or something right b4 DM but i mean its just theorys. im getting sick of waiting to see how the easter egg ends but then again they could be waiting for the ps3 and the PC to re patch xbox and be able to finish it. but i mean that sounds stupid of bill gates to drop all of that money just to have the 360 have the first release of the map pack. why would one spend so much money to promote the map first but not be able to complete it...... this is by far the best easter egg i have ever seen in CoD.

Hmm... half of me wants to believe there IS a hidden lander position, another half says it's just there to screw with our heads. However, in the junkyard area, there's a broken lander tossed aside.

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the possible 4th spot, but the first idea that came to mind was throw a gersch at it.

There are actually 3... One in map, 2 outside it. I wonder if we could somehow collect them all.....

if anything they will prolly have to be repaired bc the yellow sign at the junk yard with the tools on it. the monkeys come down on landers to which i thought was a sign of having to do something with the landers when the monkeys come. the reason the monkeys come down from the sky is bc i believe the next zombie map will be on the moon or area 51. in the zombie background story it tells of richtofen testing on monkeys with element 115. the moon has 115 on it and area 51 was also known to have a big supply of it. the background storys on youtube of the zombie saga opened up my mind more to think more freely and logical on this damn easter egg. i believe it is easier to solve he puzzle if you know the story. in eminems song i need a doctor he talks about losing his mind to solve a puzzle and it also refers dre to leaving everyone behind which can be referred to as (ascending) the the chorus drives me nuts bc like i said takeo is the only one with a date of death but the chorus of the song is i need a doctor to bring me back to life???? there is too much symbolism in this world to be compared and contrasted to this map. i give whoever finds out the easter egg first my full gratitude bc its so detailed you literally have to study the game to find answers.

welp i prolly wasted like 5 hours of watching vids yeterday then... lol. damn. what are the videos fan based cuz i was told the videos are from the computer at the main menu. but W/E i have faith in the xbox community to figure it out if possible b4 ps3 release.

i play alot of zombies and im pretty dece if ya ever wanna play hit me up on live cuz im striving to find out the next step.

GT = StankyDankz420

@ people who think i'm lying, i'm not

I was going to post the video, but truth be told, we played crap on the day and never got to the point of actually doing it again. If we don't manage to post the video before march, I will just leave a post explaining what to do, its not complicated.

Here is what I can reveal:

4 wunderwaffes...juust sayin.

Personally I don't understand what wunderwaffes have to do with a russian spacestation but there you go. One of my friends believe they heard a character say 'now to find the panel' after we picked up the wunderwaffes, whether its over or not...i can't be sure.

And as for boosting views on my youtube channel...its not even mine we are using, its a friends who agreed to help us out a little.

Keep following the forum, and stick to following THE, NOT MY, youtube channel, we may just release a text video explaining how to do it

Thanks for reading guys :)

@ people who think i'm lying, i'm not

I was going to post the video, but truth be told, we played crap on the day and never got to the point of actually doing it again. If we don't manage to post the video before march, I will just leave a post explaining what to do, its not complicated.

Here is what I can reveal:

***REST EDITED BECAUSE YOU'RE A TROLL***

*sneezeBULLSHITsneeze*

you can hit that negative brain button all you want...it doesn't change what you are.

Johnny, this is FSU Alum that you played with this afternoon. I have a theory and haven't seen anyone try this.

People talk about sacrificing something to get to the next step. What if you do the last step during the monkey round and sacrifice your perks? Makes sense.

Why do the monkeys have the capability of falling into the map from another dimension? Or maybe landers from somewhere?

Why do monkeys expel a power wave when you kill them?

Everything new is part of the easter egg. Gersh, Dolls, etc. Maybe the monkey are part as well since they are new to Zombies.

Just a thought.

ive noticed through out the map that there is signs on the wall saying you need to fix some things. specifically in spawn and the stamina up area. there are two tubes on the floor connected to a generator and two holes on the wall right next to it. it has a wrench and screw driver next to it and at spawn it has the same symbol on the wall. so i dont kno if the next couple of steps would be to fix that or something and also ive noticed that every spot for the next step has a whistling sound so try after or during the death machine try exploring around the map while you guys have it. me and my friends have done it acouple of times. you really only need like 2 ppl shooting at the white orb to activate it so have someone at PaP during the death machine time to see if anything happens there just a guess. gl hf