Red Phone on the wall

Commander034

I believe it was near the speed cola or it was near an indoor mystery box but not the power one. When you press X on it, it makes the sounds of the beginning of a radio transmission and then it stops. I apologize for not being able to get a screenshot or provide more accurate and trustworthy information. If I was lying to you, what could I possibly gain?

Edit: It rings just like the phones on Five when you get near it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. It sounds like they're fighting zombies on the phone. I hope Five isn't canon. I'm assuming the Red Phones on Five and Ascension are literally connected so you can hear the characters because they are really talking through the phones. Though I still believe Five is not canon so this is just speculation under the assumption that it is.

During the Cold War, JFK set up Hot Lines to the USSR so when he picked up the phone, it went right to Moscow. These could be those phones. When holding the button on the phones, you could be picking them up, connecting you through to Russia. The other end of the line is at the Cosmodrome. This may be why you can hear the fighting. It connects quickly and to a specific line.

During the Cold War, JFK set up Hot Lines to the USSR so when he picked up the phone, it went right to Moscow. These could be those phones. When holding the button on the phones, you could be picking them up, connecting you through to Russia. The other end of the line is at the Cosmodrome. This may be why you can hear the fighting. It connects quickly and to a specific line.

This is true but, the President's hot lines reached the Kremlin, not any research facility. Treyarch is just being stupid if this is canon or it is just a neat easteregg.