Your strategy?

the double stair room doesn't have the space to dodge incoming zombies at all, and they will be coming from every direction.

The theater was my original plan (really, I got to 35 so its only been 1 round difference), but you can't do it with more than 1 person. The alley is tight, but you won't encounter any zombies at the tight spaces: the only place you might encounter them is in the stairway leading to the fire trap room if you take too much time shooting, and thats why you always run with the zeus cannon out.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I found with the theater is that the places where you turn and shoot, and the tight spaces where you can get realistically trapped are extremely close together. There just isn't time to switch to your cannon and back to your m16 effectively to make sure you don't get cornered.

The whole point of the rotation I use is to make sure that in the specific places you turn to shoot, there is enough room to move around a little bit, you can't get taken from all sides. So when you turn to move, you can always have a safe clear path (because of the cannon), and when you turn to shoot, you can never get cornered when you're unloading.

I'll be the first to admit that it isn't the fastest, but it is the most safe

Solo:

1) Stay in the lobby until the middle of round 3 just using the knife and not buying the quick revive yet. You need 2750 points to open the next two doors & buy the MP40, you should be able to accumulate that just knifing the first two rounds & killing two enemies in the 3rd. After you have 2750, run to the MP40 room, get the MP40, and come back and kill remaining zombies.

2) Move on to the MP40 Room. Camp out between the bottom of both staircases. You need 5000 Points to move to the theater & buy the Juggernog. Go for head shots!

3) Once you're in the theater & have Juggernog, which should be round 5 or so, run circles on the stage and hoard the zombies. Once they are all together, shoot them w/ the MP40 and walk backwards through the stage.

4) I can usually get to level 20 in less than an hour just doing this with just the MP40, and after buying quick revive/speed reload, you should a hell of a lot of points. That's enough money to hit the box a few times til you get the Thunder Gun. Once you have the T-Gun, things get easier and rounds go faster.

5) Run loops on the stage to accumulate zombies, they stop spawning once there are 25 zombies or so. Blast them, then wait for the next wave to come & repeat. There are roughly 4 waves of zombies per round, I use the T-Gun for the first 3 waves, then slowly kill the last wave with whatever backup gun I have & leave crawlers if I need to.

6) Remember you have 28 blasts w/ Zeus Cannon. I use no more than 4-5 blasts per round to make sure I have enough until dogs come out. It's great if you have a Ray Gun as your back up which you can use for the dogs & leaving crawlers at the end of the rounds if needed.

7) If you're running low on Zeus Cannon ammo, accumulate the zombies so they're all running together, then lead them around the map running through the lobby first. Don't worry about shooting them, just have them follow you. Remember when you kill a zombie, another one will spawn somewhere, likely in front of you. When you reach the dressing room, hit the trap. Now you're back on the stage and you can run your circles again.

Tips: If you're doing the stage thing, keep the teleporter on. If you go down, run straight to the teleporter and hit it. Chuck grenades down, then when you teleport back, carefully make your way through the map and pick up your perks as you go.

Don't waste your time boarding up windows after round 5, it's not necessary. Personally I never use the teleporter unless I go down. My goal is to get through the rounds as fast as possible, and boarding windows and waiting for the teleporter to cool down is a waste of time.

I try to avoid using LMG's, they're great for ammo, especially when you're trying to build points, but not good for this close quarter strategy since they're so heavy and slow you down. Strange thing is the Zeus Cannon is so light, it feels like you're running around with a handgun...

I've gotten to level 32 w/o using any quick revives with this method. Maximum level in solo: 42

my strategy might sound a little dumb, or maybe people think because it doesn't hit the hardest, it isnt good, but i think it is...

Online: Shoot all zombies coming to my window 5 times during the first round. must be below the shoulders, otherwise the damage multiplier will kill the zombie. Then i knife them. |round two| Same thing as last, except shoot them 8 times. |round 3 & 4| usually by now, someone would've gotten max ammo, if they didn't, just use your knife.|round 5-dogs| follow this strategy, until.....

|HELLHOUNDS| By now, most of the people would have 5-6k points, unless they just threw grenades at the zombies, or went down a bunch. Open the door on the top, and continue through to the room with the portraits, having the person with the next highest amount of money buying the door. go down the stairs, and onto the balcony of the speed cola room. Don't buy the MP40, instead buy the stakeout. it has a much higher damage::ammo ratio, and can easily kill more than one zombie at a time. Fight the dogs inside this room.|round 7| Have 1 person stand with their back to the stakeout, while person #2 holds the window, and helps out person #1. Person #3-4 should either have 1 guard both windows, and 1 person help #1 upstiars, or 1 person hold each window. Do this until about ..|Round 9| okay, time to go to the stage area! don't buy any guns off the walls. when you reach the stage area there is 1 window near the opposite door, leading to the alleyway. have 1 person guard this window, while person #2-3 guard the dressing room-stage door and have person #4 guard the window closest to said door. |round 11 or 12| By this time, all players should have at the very least, 10k. open the main theatre area, by flipping the switch, and have everyone run to jugger-nog. (if you arent worried about getting downed right away, due to the round just ending, make sure to switch on the teleporters power, as we will be using this very soon. Get jugger-nog, and go find the box (should have found it by now, if you didnt, dont worry, its only up to 2 doors away. have everyone take turns using the box at least once. once you get a weapon to your liking (making sure to save up 5k) have everyone rush over to the teleporter. DONT LEAVE THE THEATRE/ STAGE AREA AT THIS TIME. use the teleporter, and PaP one of your two weapons ***(if you dont want to know about the ballistic knife, or why i use it/its good uses, skip to the other asterisks please.---(NEVER, EVER, EVER PaP the beginning pistol. i dont care how good you think you are, when you're running from zombies and one pops in front of you, and you die, dont blame me. --fair warning) My favorite weapons/what im best at using, are the a) ballistic knife, upgraded w/ the bowie knife. and B) the thunder cannon, or ray gun. now, why im telling you about the ballistic knife is, people think, ohh its nothing special, but it is. it makes you have more energy, and run faster. you are more agile, and can zoom past other players and even zombies. also, this makes you team heals, so unless you're happy with running around and healing your teammates (as long as they are playing smart that is) dont get this weapon. *** anyways back to the point.. when you teleport back inside the main spawn area, run upstairs to the right. dont look back, dont wait for stupid teammates that want to get a bunch of kills, as they will be dead soon anyways. run up the stairs, to the speed cola room, (stay on the right steps whenever possible {right as in 3 o'clock not as in right/wrong} and continue. if you have enough, but speed cola. it will really help, no matter what gun you use. continue doing this to about ...|round 25| this is where the game gets a bit tricky. you're going to need to continue along the path i have described to you, and activiate the TURRETS. dont activate the elecricity, as this will prohibit you from running very fast around the map, if needed. if you need a quick 30 second breather, use the teleporter. i have gotten to round 28 with this, and im sure i couldve gone higher, if one of my other xbox live friends, wouldnt have d/ced. thanks, and if you want to try this, or one of my other strategies, please dont be shy, and hit em up w/ ur XBL gtag. (sorry i dont have black ops on ps3 :\ ) THANKS FOR READING! @#$@#$$@#$#@$#@ BTW for dog rounds after the first, just dont camp. you'll most likely die :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Exactice808

3 Player technique,

Standard opening, Wait to get the MP40 make your way to the stage, get Juggs as quick as possible.

Now, 1 person stays on the stage to do the standard loop on the stage, while the other 2 do loops around the map. Lobby, up the stairs down (Hit the Electrical Box on Lvl 30 and Up) to MP40 to the dressing room and back to the stage. teleporter recharges the same time the electrical fence runs out. Rinse and repeat.

The Guy on the stage loops to get a huge crowd of zombies and thins them out for the other 2 looping the map. Rinse and repeat. You need a weapon use the M16, you will make enough money to keep buying ammo, you never have to hit the box or pack a weapon, just loop, Head shot, buy ammo, loop, HS, buy ammo.,,,

then of course your standard crawler so if anyone else wants to hit the box and PAP. Pretty much flawless but exhausting doing the same thing 9:45PM to 2:AM to get to level 39 we gave up killed ourselves and went to sleep.....

It might sound silly, but I have never figured traps into my strategies at all. There are upsides and downsides, you're able to actually kill them quickly (takes forever if you're shooting them) and you probably save a lot of points on ammo. But you don't get points (or kills? never checked) for trap kills, so that would really hurt your position on the leaderboards.

You also might run into a problem of zombies spawning in bad places, but by the sound of things this wasn't at all a problem for you.

It might sound silly, but I have never figured traps into my strategies at all. There are upsides and downsides, you're able to actually kill them quickly (takes forever if you're shooting them) and you probably save a lot of points on ammo. But you don't get points (or kills? never checked) for trap kills, so that would really hurt your position on the leaderboards.

You also might run into a problem of zombies spawning in bad places, but by the sound of things this wasn't at all a problem for you.

I use the traps in the later round because the rounds take so long..by then we have amassed at the least 30K in points and some good weapons and or Im happy with the MP40 and M16.

So people have time to run loops all day and shoot but unfortunately the wife says no dice and I have a bedtime LOL!.