Does the Call of Duty franchise move too quickly?

B0UNC3R

In my opinion, I think that the Call of Duty franchise moves on a bit too quickly. Nearly every year a new game is brought out. Personally, I think that this takes away that 'special game' feeling. Don't get me wrong, I love the franchise, and I enjoy playing every single minute of campaign and online, but with CoD, you get the game, play it, and just as your begining to get into it, another CoD is announced. I don't think that we get much chance to feel the full impact of the game. We have been waiting for 3 years for a new Portal to come out, and one has been announced for April 2011. Half life 3 (or Half life 2: Episode 3) is still waiting to be announced. Halo Reach is also another good example. These are all great games that have sequels either out, or coming out (although Im 50/50 on the Half Life one), and people will willingly wait for a good 3 years for the next game.

This makes a game special. I am pretty much concrete about the fact that there will be a new CoD game announcment within the next six to ten months.

What do you think?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you. But keep in mind in that business its all about the money. I read somewhere that Activision makes approx. 1 Billion US $ PER YEAR! Only with Call of Duty francise!!! Black Ops made the new record of 550,000 US-$ IN THE FIRST WEEK after its release! They forecasted a total ammount of 1,2 Billion $. :shock:

So as a boss of such a Company like Activision, how would you decide? ;-) Makin money or makin money?

:twisted:

I totally agree with you. But keep in mind in that business its all about the money. I read somewhere that Activision makes approx. 1 Billion US $ PER YEAR! Only with Call of Duty francise!!! Black Ops made the new record of 550,000 US-$ IN THE FIRST WEEK after its release! They forecasted a total ammount of 1,2 Billion $. :shock:

So as a boss of such a Company like Activision, how would you decide? ;-) Makin money or makin money?

:twisted:

you forgot MAKING LOADS OF MONEY!

I would have to disagree with the "just as your getting into the game a new one is released" part. Many call of duty players play just COD and no other games (Casual Gamers) so they normally get bored of games quickly since they play them to death. Personally i was bored TO DEATH with mw2 before black ops came out, so i think that a COD a year is fine.

And its not going to change either, since Kotick really