about combat training...

vowellpuny

so today i was on the official CoD:BO forums and i saw a thread that said you need online to do combat training.....

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!

what the hell is the point of having multiplayer against bots if you need online to do it anyways? i know its supposed to help you get better but bots are different than people. they won't use as many tactics or be as frustrating to play with.....

you see, i was REALLY excited when i saw combat training at first, because im not going to have WiFi in my house for a while, and idk if i will have it by the time BO comes out. i was hoping combat training would at least let me have a nice little dip into multiplayer but i guess i was wrong......

and besides, wouldn't it be better to earn skill by playing against OTHER PLAYERS?!?! i mean, i thought combat training would be just an offline UT3 type game. but no....

I guess Zombies and campaign will have to do as of now....... :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the post:

If Combat Training is online-only, Treyarch has COMPLETELY missed the mark on this. The ENTIRE POINT of the mode was to introduce "a new type of player to multiplayer without going online" as stated by Vahn himself. So let me get this straight Vahn, you want to introduce OFFLINE players to the ONLINE game by making them go ONLINE to play an OFFLINE-centered mode?! What the hell type of player does this target?! Unless you have developed incredible AI technology in-house for your bots (who will be predictable & terrible otherwise), this basically 100% ensures the only people that will play this mode are rusty players looking to get their aim back up to par.

I have lost some faith in Treyarch for this...how in hell are they meant to bring or convert players to the online mode, if they can't even freakin' access it? Obviously Combat Training doesn't cater to everyone they said it would, just for the people who are noobs to multiplayer or want to try stuff out. Idiotic statement they made in the multiplayer overview and other areas. I thought I'd be getting my full money's worth when buying Black Ops

this is a forum post.... here is a website that says the same though, and it seems professional.

http://kotaku.com/5628085/black-ops-introduces-combat-training-for-multiplayer-%5Bupdate%5D

You probably saw me being pissed as well. My username is "lemon13". I was winging about not being able to play any multiplayer at all now that it needs internet

actually is was someone else lol. he has the same situation as me, i won't have WiFi in my house for a while and i was hoping Combat Training would help me practice but thats not the case.... oh well :/

You can play Combat Training online, offline, and system link. However, online will have rank progression the other two will have everything already unlocked. Atleast that's how I understand it. Read this

http://www.callofdutyfaq.com/misconcept ... leared-up/

I think they mean you can play regular MP (Not combat training) Splitscreen and via LAN.

I wont get to play MP at all because i constantly leave and now with this new feature that kicks you after you leave too much, i wont be playing online MP. And now i get this f*cking fantastic news that CT requires internet to play. WHY?

There is no "Feature that kicks you after you leave to much." After you rage quit alot the system gives you host less times. This is because they would rather have a host that is less likely to quit then one that is more likely to quit so they wont have to migrate the host. Makes sense, right?

You can play Combat Training online, offline, and system link. However, online will have rank progression the other two will have everything already unlocked. Atleast that's how I understand it. Read this

http://www.callofdutyfaq.com/misconcept ... leared-up/

I think they mean you can play regular MP (Not combat training) Splitscreen and via LAN.

Yeah I read it wrong the first time.

So that means we get CoD4 and WaW style split screen offline, with classes already made for us. Shitty!

Ok, i think i have understood it a bit more. I will put it in steps

You must sign into your system account before you play MP/CT

Click on MP in the main menu, it will connect to playlists and all that

You can choose to play Combat Training

You can choose either with friends or solo

Combat Training with friends will use up bandwidth as you are downloading others movements

Combat Training solo WILL NOT use up bandwidth

At least it sounds a little better for people worried about using up too much bandwidth

@BBS. Vahn posted on his twitter that if someone quits/dashboards too much, he will get the banhammer out

@BBS. Vahn posted on his twitter that if someone quits/dashboards too much, he will get the banhammer out

First vahn broke the info of them doing something about dashboarders and ragequitters with this: http://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/25175047290

Then someone replied to him all concerned and he replied with: http://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/25347482611

"Dashborders make bad hosts." Meaning you will have less of a chance of becoming host if you often ragequit (Like me.) He never mentioned bringing out the banhammer. How could they ban someone for leaving a match? If you leave a match its most likely because of some BS in the game, which would be Vahn's and treyarchs fault.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't make any sense to make CT online only. I'd like to know why they're doing this. It's not like the bots need to connect to you because they're on a different system, they're on your system. Even if it's something like taking info from training matches to update the bots to be more human-like, it shouldn't force it to be online only. Or maybe it has something to do with Theater Mode? Who knows. If there's a solid reason, maybe I'd be okay with it.

Thankfully, I have a strong internet connection.

Very true, you shouldn't need online to do combat training. However, the vulgarities were unnecessary. It's understandable that you're frustrated but we try to keep the forums PG. :)

yea, i normally don't use vulgarities, but this is just to stupid.

basically, to me, this is a HUGE slap in the face to people who don't have online.

"oh yea, you can play with bots.... but you need an online connection to do it..." thats so stupid. btw thats not a real quote, thats just and example :P

normally, i wouldn't complain, cause i used to have online. i will hopefully have it not to long after or before i get my copy of BO.