Black Ops Will Be Hardened and Prestigious Like MW2

blazed21

(long time lurker. didnt see this posted so thought I would sign up and make my 1st post because this news personally made me excited.)

Black Ops Will Be Hardened and Prestigious Like Modern Warfare 2

Last year Activision sparked some controversy with what many believed was the most ridiculous Collector’s Edition ever seen for a video game. Priced at around $150, the Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition proceeded to sellout quickly — surprising many. As usual, consumers speak with their wallets, so Activision will be bringing back the Prestige Edition for the next Call of Duty title in the franchise.

According to Elder-Geek.com, SKUs have been leaked which indicate that the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops will, as seen with Modern Warfare 2, feature regular, hardened and prestige editions. The SKU numbers are as follows:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition (PS3) – 047875840225

Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition (360) – 047875840218

Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition (PS3) – 047875840249

Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition (360) – 047875840232

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2’s Hardened Edition contained the game, an art book and a token to download Call of Duty Classic all in a slick-looking steel enclosure. The Prestige Edition on the other hand included all aforementioned items as well as a pair of custom Modern Warfare 2 night vision goggles that nobody used after trying them on for a few seconds. Maybe this time around Activision will include something useful such as a Zippo lighter or Hello Kitty umbrella instead. Whatever the case, it should be announced soon given the fact that the release date of Black Ops is now only three and a half months away.

Source:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/07 ... warfare-2/

http://www.icgamers.com/articles/10768/ ... tions.html

I think (and hope) that these editions have something to do with zombies. imagine a nice zombie statue for your entertainment center or something. I cant wait for the official announcement.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand where your coming from, and although it most definitely was the case for modern warfare 2; its not necessarily the case in every situation.

I for one, am Gladly Paying $150 for the Legendary Edition of Halo Reach, Not even for what comes with it, although Its pretty sweet, but simply because its Bungies Final Halo.

Also, if its a game I like, and the Collectors edition is a metal case, I'll pay the extra 10 or 15 dollars simply for the metal case, everything else is just a bonus.

Special/Collectors Editions have gotten really out of hand. A game should only be able to have a collectors edition or special edition if its a Sequal or re-make of another game. Now just about every game that gets released has a Super-Special-Collectification Edition, And it ruins it for the games that actually deserve one.