What Do You Want?

As the days tick down to November 9th and we await news on Treyarch's co-op mode, here at CoDz we want to make sure we are ready for whatever comes our way.

I want to know what YOU, the members would like out of CoDz for the future. So please post your ideas here.

We recently added an awesome intro for http://callofdutyzombies.com , as well as our newly zombified forum theme. These were two things we have been working on for awhile now, and it is GREAT to have the finished and ready for you all. Now we are looking forward to starting some more projects to improve CoDz.

Some things that we are thinking about, but have not quite got the ball rolling with include a CoDz Podcast and a CoDz Store.

The podcast is an idea that we are pretty excited about, and is something that we would like to do. Details have not yet been determined, however let me try and paint a picture for you in terms of what we would like to see out of a podcast. I was thinking about a weekly/monthly/random podcast where we would discuss...

• [*:2l3obryh]Popular topics on the forum
    [*:2l3obryh]CoD News (hopefully zombie related)
    [*:2l3obryh]Guest speakers, members, Treyarch developers, etc...
    [*:2l3obryh]And whatever else you think we should discuss, perhaps we will start a thread to ask for your ideas

If anyone has any insight on Podcasts, or would like to suggest some programs/tools/or tips, feel free to PM me or post here in this thread.

Now on to the other idea we have been pondering over. The creation of a CoDz store. Now I have set up a cafepress store with some items available. However right now we are lacking images, so if we stick with the CoDz store I will be asking you, the members, to check out the templates and create zombie related media you would like to see on t-shirts and other merchandise. The CoDz store is something that I REALLY want to get started. This idea is good for 2 reasons. First of all it will allow you, the members to be able to wear CoD zombie clothing which isn't necessarily available in your local stores, and I know some of you are big zombie fans like myself, and would love a t-shirt with something zombie related and perhaps a popular character quote. Here are a few I added just for fun. (http://www.cafepress.com/CoDzStore)

406936060v11_350x350_Front_Color-White.j458366261v4_350x350_Front_Color-Black.jp

Now the second reason why a store is a great idea is because, well hosting a website is not free. In the future we will be switching over to a more reliable hosting service. I have no problems with spending money for hosting, but it would be awesome if the store's income could pay for the CoDz site. Now if you know of a better online store system, or you have any ideas or input on this subject, feel free to PM me or post here in this thread.

So I have just touched on 2 ideas that I think we should bring into fruition, now I would like your opinions on them, as well as some NEW ideas. I want to know what you, the CoDz community would like us to do for you. So if there is something you would like to see out of CoDz please don't hesitate to post your suggestions. Thanks.

Your CoDz Founder,

Carbonfibah

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like how on the old site we had brains for posting, and that way there could be a seperate store for brains where you could buy like the little perks on the old site....

That is not really an option available anymore. We are trying to get a real store up and running.

Well camo, now that I have thought about it, we can add different icons or perks under your avatar for completing certain things. I wouldn't ask to take away from your rep. So this is kinda working off your idea where you can earn things but you will not have to loose rep to get them.

oh that would be awesome. having little rewards and such for you zombification. maybe like little badges like the official CoD website. or whatever. especially since you dont lose your zombie points. hope you can get that into action carbon.

the podcasts sound like a good idea, as well as the store. but that might be a little too much work (unless you dont have a job)

yeah i guess so. but wont it be kinda hard to get treyarch devs to do some podcasts? also i have an idea. when you make podcasts (if you do) then dont make them too big because i dont really like the idea of steaming a 30 min video to my PC because that would use up a fair bit of download quota.

oh. but still audio files can be large. just make them interesting and to the point. do you know many of the treyarch team? i know that you regularly play with some guys at treyarch.

just do what you want. probably anything that you would put into a podcast would be pure gold to me :)

Well camo, now that I have thought about it, we can add different icons or perks under your avatar for completing certain things. I wouldn't ask to take away from your rep. So this is kinda working off your idea where you can earn things but you will not have to loose rep to get them.

:o GASP! CoDz Achievements!? I heart Achievements!

The store sounds like a great Idea as Well.

:shock: OMG yes. if you made the CODZ achievements maybe every 50 brains you get or something you get a new set of dog tags, similar to the cod5 ranking system. when you get through all of those dog tags maybe every 500 you could have the prestige icons.

just dont make them for the amount of posts you have. because there will be little kids spamming these forums

I would like to see some proper mechandising with mcfarlane like figures of zombie characters.

Like a monkey bomb prop. That should be easy enough haha:-

Just got to make a hat and some dynamite from toilet rolls and voila.

That monkey from toystory 3 looks a lot like the monkey bomb.

Another funny little thing I saw in toystory 3 was the Epic barrel of monkeys ala "The Monkey bomb" dropped by evil dr pork chop.

Haha, randomness.

Regards Snake.