Weapons of the Call of Duty: Black Ops teaser.

m4 ?

I'm still going with the CAR-15 Commando model on this one. Not only does it look like the Commando, but it fits the time line AND was specifically issued to members of the Studies and Observations Group, which you might recognize from the recently uncovered GKNOVA6 document and the VG247 article which pointed towards the S.O.G. being the faction we'll be appointed to in Black Ops.

n April 1967, the Army purchased 510 Colt 629 Commandos for use by troops assigned to the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG), and designated them XM177E2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAR-15#CAR-15_Commando_.28XM177.2FGAU-5_series.29

http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/19/rumour-call-of-duty-casting-call-mentions-sog-in-vietnam-details-characters/

OUTSTANDING! HOOYA!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And and and, acog confirmed, that american dude that gives the neck slicing motion is holding an m16/ar 15/ whatever with acog

Technically the ACOG wasnt developed until the 1990's, but it definitely is another form of Telescopic sight.

Im not sure when acog was developed but i do know that that it was first developed for the m16. And in the trailer that sight was definitely on a m16

EDIT: Im a fail at quotes <.>

Lol Indeed, I have found that the preview button helps when trying to get quotes correct.

I personally think that the scope on th rifle the he is holding is far too long to be an ACOG, however,

there are hints that we could be using weapons and equipment that would be considered prototype during that time.

I suppose anything is possible, I can't find any facts about the ACOG, so I could be wrong with my previous statement about its first use.

All that google can find are dumb references to modern suckfest 3000. . .

• 3 months later...