Extinction Questions.

I edited this thread to be questions in general, rather than starting a thread for each question. Others are welcome to ask questions here as well, of course. Skip to last post, please.

Tank question: in Ninjanick's guide, he said that 1 point in tank kills scouts with melee.

He believed that that was how it worked in mp extinction games.

I know it does work like that in regular solo games.

So, did it change so that 1 point in tank gives him the ability to 1-hit-kill a scout (in mp games)? Or does he have to be maxed out, as it was when the game released?

Thanks. I am considering jumping into a randy game one of these days and would like to know.

Edited by 83457
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's wrong.

Can confirm, as a dedicated tank, the 25% boost is not enough in MP.

I'll test how many points you actually do need later, will report back.

Thank you. Last time that i played with 4 people (nightfall was new), it had to be maxed out to kill scouts.

Which frankly is kind of crappy, imo.

• 3 months later...

Question: what does the line and dot on the drill mean?

On the drill line in the upper left of the screen is a black line. Sometime during the hive, a white dot appears on it. I see no correlation to enemies, challenges, or other.

Some hives have no line. Some have it at the halfway point. Some have it at the 1/4 mark and get the white dot at the 3/4 mark.

What does it all mean? Ha.

Additional: I thought it was a remnant from early design, correlating with the original challenges and it was just left in. By then i noticed it is in later maps too, and again, i dint see what it is for.

Edited by 83457