Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lenne

First new Black Ops Pass content drop

Recommended Posts

Moderator

 

Share this post


Link to post

Moderator
9 hours ago, steviG said:

Damn pay $60 for a game with no campaign and old maps? Don't you also have to pay another $60 for season pass for new or should i say rehashed maps?

How come people just now seem to see this?

7 years ago hardly anyone complained about this. Now almost everybody just wants all the post launch content to be free...

 

I personally think it is good to charge money for more maps etc. After all there are still people working on those maps. Not to mention how much playtime one can actually get out of a zombies map. The Pass is 50 bucks, which I agree is too much, other games in the past did it better. (Bioshock infinite, GTA IV)

Share this post


Link to post

Donor
On 2/6/2019 at 8:34 AM, Lenne said:

How come people just now seem to see this?

7 years ago hardly anyone complained about this. Now almost everybody just wants all the post launch content to be free...

 

I personally think it is good to charge money for more maps etc. After all there are still people working on those maps. Not to mention how much playtime one can actually get out of a zombies map. The Pass is 50 bucks, which I agree is too much, other games in the past did it better. (Bioshock infinite, GTA IV)

Eh, AAA games were a lot different then compared to now. With games like Fortnite and such the business model of being F2P, with a whole load of optional cosmetics definitely seems to be the most profitable when done correctly. I can understand why there was an outrage when the Black Ops Pass was initially announced. CoD seems hellbent on holding onto this outdated method of releasing DLC’s, while many other publishers seem to have forgone it completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Awards

Moderator
15 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

AAA games were a lot different then compared to now

In what regards?

But you are right, the suply drop stream or whatever it is called is a joke and the Black Ops pass almost costing as much as a new game is dumb, but all things considered I happily pay more to get more and never expect to get new content for free.

 

I just don't get it for the Black Ops season we had to pay 60 bucks for the game and additional 4x 15 bucks. It is just insane how map packs got sold for 15 $/€ and almost nobody seemed to care.

 

Activision just handles this whole show in a really bad manner and they always have been doing that. I just think it is strange that it took folks almost 10 years to notice that.

Share this post


Link to post

I think season pass is $50 in US.

 

I've never minded paying for content if I'm going to play it. I'm so torn myself...I'd like to get the zombie maps but I'm just not in love with bo4 and find it hard to pay them for something I'm so disappointed in.

 

BF1, I put in 1800+ hours, so the $ I paid was very much worth it. BO3's Arbgwaoth debacle stopped me from upgrading to xb1 at first, but when I eventually did, I got all of BO3 on xb1 for under $100 and it was well worth it, despite the bugs and crashes. Maybe I'll wait and buy all the bo4 content on sale in a year or two. That'll give me time to suss out if Treyarch will walk back some of the crap of BO4, or if they'll blindly stumble forward on this same ill-fated path that they've chosen.

Share this post


Link to post

Moderator
1 hour ago, 83457 said:

Maybe I'll wait and buy all the bo4 content on sale in a year or two.

You are the responsible one in this relationship. 😛

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Lenne said:

You are the responsible one in this relationship. 😛

If I don't suddenly obsess and buy it.

 

While it is fun to say "no" to the wanton obsessor in my head, I sometimes do lose these battles with myself. It is both entertaining and often confusing living in a constant state of flux. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

Donor
On 2/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, Lenne said:

In what regards?

Mainly in regards to how post-launch content is handled almost exclusively across the board nowadays. CoD’s competitors (BFV, Fortnite, now Apex Legends etc) are all either F2P or have a free Live Service in place. Honestly, this can all be traced back to Fortnite. If that game hadn’t been the most successful the industry had ever seen, then the method of releasing 3-4 DLC’s with a season pass would probably still be the norm. Personally, I have no problem paying for map packs. So much effort goes into the Zombies maps alone that I feel that my purchase is worthwhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Awards

Moderator

So basically the cod community these days is the equivelant of a spoiled brat.

Share this post


Link to post

Donor
34 minutes ago, Lenne said:

So basically the cod community these days is the equivelant of a spoiled brat.

Hasn’t that always been the case? 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Awards

Moderator
1 minute ago, Spider3000 said:

Hasn’t that always been the case? 😛

Touché! ^^

Share this post


Link to post

Moderator
6 hours ago, Lenne said:

So basically the cod community these days is the equivelant of a spoiled brat.

thank-you-meme-11.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Moderator

On the other hand though. Them putting lootboxes with the tier progression and the (overpriced) Pass is just really showing that Activision doesn't care about maintaining CoD in a healthy state.

 

You know they are past milking the cow, at this point they are scrapping for every single little piece of meat they can get off the bones. 

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/15/2019 at 12:59 PM, Spider3000 said:

Mainly in regards to how post-launch content is handled almost exclusively across the board nowadays. CoD’s competitors (BFV, Fortnite, now Apex Legends etc) are all either F2P or have a free Live Service in place. Honestly, this can all be traced back to Fortnite. If that game hadn’t been the most successful the industry had ever seen, then the method of releasing 3-4 DLC’s with a season pass would probably still be the norm. Personally, I have no problem paying for map packs. So much effort goes into the Zombies maps alone that I feel that my purchase is worthwhile.

The thing about Fortnite is, look at their revenue numbers.   Yes it is Free to play, but based on the stats, people are ending up buying so many of the little trinkets that they offer they end up spending $100+ on the game over time.  Personally, and this may be different to some, I much prefer buying my digital deluxe COD for $100 and that's it.  I don't spend a penny more, yet I still get hundreds upon hundreds of other customization items over the years, and I get all of the zombies content and MP content.

Share this post


Link to post

Donor
12 hours ago, The Clay Bird said:

The thing about Fortnite is, look at their revenue numbers.   Yes it is Free to play, but based on the stats, people are ending up buying so many of the little trinkets that they offer they end up spending $100+ on the game over time.  Personally, and this may be different to some, I much prefer buying my digital deluxe COD for $100 and that's it.  I don't spend a penny more, yet I still get hundreds upon hundreds of other customization items over the years, and I get all of the zombies content and MP content.

Right, I’m in agreement. I have no problem paying for the standard game and season pass. But when it comes to Blackout in this climate, I think it probably is in their best interests to go F2P at some point in the future. I have to imagine having both Fortnite and Apex as F2P competitors can only be hurting the potential revenue and player count for the mode.

 

On 2/21/2019 at 5:50 PM, Lenne said:

On the other hand though. Them putting lootboxes with the tier progression and the (overpriced) Pass is just really showing that Activision doesn't care about maintaining CoD in a healthy state.

I just had to laugh when I heard supply drops were added into BO4. I honestly thought the big AAA companies would be kinda done with loot boxes post-Battlefront II, but alas here we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Awards

Moderator
10 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

I just had to laugh when I heard supply drops were added into BO4. I honestly thought the big AAA companies would be kinda done with loot boxes post-Battlefront II, but alas here we are.

Yeah, I dunno how the system in BO4 works, but in the past CoDs it's been horrible - poor. They should just award a box after every match and after a set and low amount of games (5 at max) you should get one of the new guns. That is how I'd like it. Loot Boxes aren't bad on their own in my opinion they can be quite fun, but when you have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting the Olympia, your system is broken.

The gaming industry is a fucking shitshow for the most part these days.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

About Call of Duty Zombies

Call of Duty Zombies (CODZ) is a fan-made gaming community centered around the popular Call of Duty franchise with central focus on the beloved Zombies mode. Created in 2009, CODZ is the ultimate platform for discussing Zombies theories, sharing strategies, player networking, and more.

callofdutyzombies.com is part of the Collateral network of gaming sites, including Sevensins.com

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct - regarding all site regulations and guidelines as a user of the website - can be found here. Failure to comply with the CoC will result in account disciplinary action.

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy / Terms of Use

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here. We heavily enforce COPPA and anti-spam laws.

The terms of use can be found here for user agreement purposes.

Legal Information

Activision, Call of Duty, Call of Duty: Black Ops titles, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare titles, Call of Duty: WWII are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.

We are not affiliated with Activision nor its developers Treyarch, Sledgehammer, or Infinity Ward.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .