What would you change about Tranzit?

ZombiesAteMyPizza!

This map is universally regarded as one of the worst, if not THE worst, zombies maps of all time. However, I feel like it had potential, as do many people I've spoken with. If you could make changes to Tranzit to make it better, what would those changes be?

I think the thing that ruins it mostly for me is basically having to rely on the bus. If you took away all the lava (especially the stuff in the cracks in the floor all over the map) and took away the Denizens so you could run from area to area, then it'd be a huge improvement. I understand the fog being put in place so that you can only see a certain distance so that the game doesn't lag really badly, and apparently the denizens and lava were put in place between areas to slow the player down to allow time to load the areas of the map in on the fly for improved performance, but I feel like the current gen would manage without that now. The fog, though, added a nice effect in the "between" areas, felt really creepy.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add a "Bus Stop" sign where you could call it to you for 500-2000 points. It costs more if it has to travel farther, like Diner to Bus Depot.

Have the Denizen Light teleporters change colour every few seconds. Each colour corresponds to a light location, so when you jump in during that colour, you will be teleported to that location. So it gives you a way of knowing where you want to go.

Make the Jet Gun unbreakable. Just make it stop working like the Paralyzer if it gets to max. Also give the Jet Gun a wider suck in radius. Seriously it seems to only kill zombies directly in the middle.

When placing a Turbine at the Power Station, make it so it powered on permanently. So the PaP room stays open indefinitely.

Those are the 4 main changes that would've made TranZit a great map for me.

Archived