The Order of Events, a.k.a. "The Brackets"

AetherialVoices

The Order of Events, a.k.a. "The Brackets"

There has been a lot of debate over what the exact order of events is in the Zombies omniverse. However, I think it is finally time that this be laid to rest. In Gorod Krovi and Revelations, we have gotten a barrage of information, primarily from Doctor Monty.

First, I will lay out what appear to be the cannon order of events, then I will elaborate on each part.

Outline:

*Primis fights in a/the "Great Battle".

*Group 935 accidentally starts fracturing/splitting the universe via using teleporters for time travel.

*Events of Origins take place, allowing the Apothicons to start manipulating the universe, and forcing Monty to "step in".

*Events of Nacht der Untoten - Buried (yes, including Mob of the Dead) take place across the fragmented universe.

*Events of The Giant - Revelations take place.

*Monty sends the Origins characters back to the "Great War", now knowing that they are, in fact, Primis.

Now to break down each part with the evidence and more specifics:

The Great War:

We still don't know too much about this. We know that Primis, the Wolf King, Pablo Marinus, Margwas, Zombies, Dragons, and Nethoth (Parasites) were in fact present.

Group 935 and the teleporters:

For the evidence for this, I'm going to list a bunch of quotes.

"The minute you people teleported for the first time, you changed the rules."

"What was it again? Oh, yes, when Group 935 came along."

"Bloody teleporters."

-Doctor Monty in Revelations

"...with the split universe, multiverses, (the) gang traveling around (with) the use of teleporters, and so forth. All these aspects are shaping the maps and shaping the worlds. You can't really think of it in a contiguous way..."

-Jason Blundell

"Origins first, Revelations last, and all the rest in the middle":

Now this one was really sneaky. Treyarch knew there was a lot of confusion about this in the community, so they wanted to give an answer. But, we know how Treyarch likes to do things. The most ambiguous and vague way possible. So, here's the quote:

"By the way, I spell rumor with a U. After the O, before the R. That's a nice little... Easter Egg. In fact, it's everything."

-Doctor Monty in Revelations

Although it isn't irrefutable in any way, this is really the only interpretation of this that I can think of.

Completing the cycle/Primis:

This is an example of a non-paradoxical time loop. Monty knew that there was Primis, but had no idea how they got there. Their existence had no reason to be, but it was. Then when he started rambling, he realized that he was the reason that Primis existed. This is how "that all works out perfectly".

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Note that there are 2 Great Wars: The first war between the Keepers and corrupted Keepers (later Apothicans).

And the second one in medieval times, the one you talk about (the war with the Primis).

What happens later, with splitting the universe, is a bit confusing to me. So there is first one universe: The first war-->Keepers to Aether, Apothicans to dark Aether-->prehistory-->dark ages-->the second great battle-->moderner times-->and then it happens. Group 935 discovers 115 and the splitting of the universe into the multiverse/omniverse is a fact. From now on we have all the different universes (and more) we know in CoDZ.

5 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Note that there are 2 Great Wars: The first war between the Keepers and corrupted Keepers (later Apothicans).

Yes, I am aware of that. However, the whole thing is one big mess to try to figure out. Note that Monty says that the Keepers and the Original 4 "always were". He also says that a some, if not all of the Keepers were once humans. It was an "Order" as opposed to a race. And talking about "Creation" and all that jazz is even worse. The most likely option is that the universes were created by at least two sentient entities of the Aether. The two that we know of are Monty and the Shadowman. Now going back to Monty's line in the ending cutscene for Revelations: "I suppose I could create some little corner of history, somewhere I can dump some of the other sh*t I left over". He dumped some of the remnants of the Apothicon menace along with the Origins characters there. The first "Great War" was fought inside creation, and fought by human Keepers and human corrupted Keepers. After this war, the Keepers ascended to the Aether and became the Keepers that we know today. On the flip side, the Apothicons were banished to the Dark Aether, and became the Lovecraftian monstrosities that we know. With all of this in mind, it is hard to call that second battle another "Great War". The Great War was quite possibly so massive that it spanned several different universes, and I'm not talking about the fragmented universe. This "Great Battle" was most likely just one of the fragments of the universe that was attacked by the Apothicons after they were released in Origins.

18 minutes ago, anonymous said:

What happens later, with splitting the universe, is a bit confusing to me. So there is first one universe: The first war-->Keepers to Aether, Apothicans to dark Aether-->prehistory-->dark ages-->the second great battle-->moderner times-->and then it happens. Group 935 discovers 115 and the splitting of the universe into the multiverse/omniverse is a fact. From now on we have all the different universes (and more) we know in CoDZ.

A couple things I'll clarify:

*There were several universes, even before the universe that we know split. A couple quick pieces of evidence for this, the Keepers ascended to become the wards of "all universes", and Monty talks about how he tried to help out this universe "even when they were just a small problem in the distant corner of existence".

*When a universe splits, it doesn't just split the present and future. It also splits the past, effectively duplicating it.

*The "Great Battle" took place in one of the histories of a fragmented universe, and apart from that particular fragment, appears to carry little to no weight.

*The "Great War", on the other hand, carries a massive amount of weight. This is the one I was talking about.

Archived