First of all I just want to say two things... It's midnight, I'm tired and may not be thinking straight. Also, my name has my old twitter in it. I changed it to @OCDHeadache.

So I was researching my favourite person in the Call of Duty universe. Viktor Reznov. I saw this image:vr.jpg.ee12319b2bfcb1407fec5da6b3261ed6.

And I started thinking about: Nacht_der_Untoten_You_Must_Ascend_From_D

This is originally from Nacht Der Untoten, this map was firstly in World At War. In WAW there is an MP map that is partly Nacht. This, to me, shows that MP and ZM are connected. So why wouldn't campaign also be connected? A few month ago I wrote about the blank picture in Kino Der Toten and how that person could be the shadow man. I was extremely wrong. 56d4e050888ba_maxresdefault(2).thumb.jpg

Nikolai was friends with Reznov, Could it be possible the blanked out person is Reznov?download.jpg.76694d2e5a340415ebbeac282e3

I found this video whilst researching Reznov (please note, I have not played the WAW campaign): 

Viktor Reznov dies in Call of Duty Black Ops, but if you know a lot about CoD zombies you will know that Kino Der Toten was meant to be in WAW. This would mean (if you ignore all of the time travelling that wasn't really in the story back then) Viktor Reznov would have still been alive. I know that the Black Ops campaign is directly connected to ZM (as is WAW, now that I think of it) In both WAW and BO1 you had to complete the campaign to unlock a ZM map. In both campaigns you could get a wonder weapon. One of the main things in BO1 was nova. The organisation and the gas. What do we have in the first ZM map? Nova Crawlers. You  can also see Nova Crawlers on the screens when you click on Zombies on BO1. Nova Crawlers are also in Black Ops 2's Die Rise. Just after the Shadows of Evil trailer was released David Vonderhaar tweeted a Reddit link to a post that suggested the Margwa and parasites were Nova. There is lots of evidence to back this up. Just look on YouTube. This shows that everything is linked (if you needed any proof).56d4e050888ba_maxresdefault(2).thumb.jpg

So here's Nikolai. He was killed it WAW but was still put into Zombies. I have another theory about that but for another day.

If he did but was still in Zombies, why not Reznov? Am I saying Reznov could have controlled the Zombies at some point? Or even in Der Eisendrache (There is some proof that Sam is not controlling them)? I'm not at the moment. This theory still needs a lot of research. I will definitely come back to this theory in the next few weeks I have lots of ideas but I'm really tired.

Expect this as well:

I heard a strange quote by the box in a certain room on Kino on PC

Some Die Rise easter eggs that still haven't been solved

and much, much more.

Follow me on twitter @OCDHeadache 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

WAW Zombies borrowed a lot of design from campaign because it was a side project, not because they were related. There is also no evidence that Nikolai ever actually met Reznov, and certainly none that Nikolai died in WAW. And as far as sources on YouTube are concerned, unfortunately, 98% of YouTube channels are misinformed and under-researched and therefore, virtually entirely inaccurate. And to guess that Reznov is controlling them is more far fetched than suggesting the devil is in the MPD. I don't mean to be harsh, just honest. 

Ascend From Darkness has been a bit of a recurring theme in Zombies, with it originally referring, in WAW Zombies, to escaping the lower level of Nacht into the moonlight-washed upper floor where the best training spot on the map was located. Similar to the writing on the opposite side "Salvation Lies Above."

There have been countless speculations as to the identity of the Shadow Painting. None have been right so far. We really have no leads, and whatever it originally was has probably changed multiple times since Kino, if not dropped entirely, especially with the new twist the story is taking.

Like @NaBrZHunter mentioned, the older zombies maps use alot of the items, buildings, weapons and what not from the campaign. The characters themselves were all in the campaign, under different names. The team behind zombies used those campaign character models to build their own characters. For example, Richtofen's character model was in the World at War mission 'Vendetta' 

Currently there isn't really canon proof that Zombies shares a universe with the Multiplayer or Campaign aspects of Call of Duty. I do like that you tried to come up with something, but researching a little before posting is very important.

36 minutes ago, Schrödinger said:

Nuketown Zombies is Nuketown.

My bad. I didn't meant to say Multiplayer. Thanks for the catch. Yes Nuketown does take place after the bomb drops at the end of Nuketown from Black Ops 1. That explains why there are zombies there. However, Multiplayer doesn't carry a story to it. So there's no point in looking into any correlations between Zombies and Multiplayer.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

My bad. I didn't meant to say Multiplayer. Thanks for the catch. Yes Nuketown does take place after the bomb drops at the end of Nuketown from Black Ops 1. That explains why there are zombies there. However, Multiplayer doesn't carry a story to it. So there's no point in looking into any correlations between Zombies and Multiplayer.

Multiplayer and zombies have many connections and multiplayer has many zombie refering easter eggs in it.

However, if these are here just for fun or if it means more, I dont know.

11 hours ago, anonymous said:

Multiplayer and zombies have many connections and multiplayer has many zombie refering easter eggs in it.

However, if these are here just for fun or if it means more, I dont know.

That's one problem that many theorists have. So many Easter Eggs in maps are just that, Easter Eggs in every sense of the term. They don't really hold any significance other than to reference something else. People read way too far into these, which causes problems when theorising.

Little references are great. People just need to understand the difference.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

That's one problem that many theorists have. So many Easter Eggs in maps are just that, Easter Eggs in every sense of the term. They don't really hold any significance other than to reference something else. People read way too far into these, which causes problems when theorising.

Little references are great. People just need to understand the difference.

Yeah, that are the origins of easter eggs: Something the developers just liked to put into the game, more for theirselves then for the players, just for fun.

However, the new easter eggs look more like "missions" or "goals". Not that I dont like them, in fact, I like these ones more, but it arent really easter eggs anymore.