In relation to Moon and Die Rise and "Time", is it possible for these events to have the same qualities but different variables? For example, is it not possible for Moon to take place in the 60's and Die Rise to take place in the late 90's, early 00's? Some will say, "Marlton is the key, he knows all the weapons." Well, he may know the weapons but that's because he has some type of military clearance, no? How else would we be able to hear him in Nuketown as an Easter Egg? Now, instead of connecting Nuketown and Tranzit, I would like to use Nuketown to explain Marlton in Tranzit. Obviously, if the story was made right, I believe it was supposed to be perceived like this: Marlton wasn't at Nuketown but was involved. Marlton could've been involved with the comic book's intro to the map. This would explain his knowledge of technology, not just weapons. Now, if one were to connect Marlton's existence in Nuketown with some type of journey to Tranzit, it can be explained simply. The F.B.I. or C.D.C. were there to retrieve Marlton who was hidden away in a bunker. Much like Left 4 Dead's "Death Toll" map featuring the Priest and his Churchbell, it's possible to say that Marlton wouldn't open the door until he was sure it was safe. In any case, by the end of a Nuketown playthrough one would be reasonably at the point of Richtofen's control. This means that Marlton didn't intentionally go to Tranzit, he was teleported by Richtofen. Obviously, Richtofen has no ability to teleport individuals until after the Tower of Babble but if you were to complete Maxis' side of the story for Tranzit than who's to say that it's Richtofen teleporting you to Die Rise in the first place? Now, the first thing to consider when looking into the time displacement when it comes to Moon, Die Rise, and Tranzit, is the real world. Obviously, there are a lot of references to real things. So, we should consider a lot of real dates so that we can put estimates on fictional game dates. According to Wikipedia's Green Run info, the times that our Green Run could've taken place are 1964 and 1949. As for both years, experiments were commenced. It's a reasonable date, 1964, for the setting of the map. Also, it is linear with the moon. The Great Leap Forward in China took place between 1958 and 1961 and was a Social and Economic leap. It's possible that China was unaffected by the rockets until the 90's meaning that our Great Leap Forward was not of a Social or Economic Leap but of time. Now, a quick search of Resolution 1295 lead me to a U.N. investigation of European and African corporations violating sanctions relating to Diamonds. The same Diamonds I saw on the machine in Buried. Now, the event in World History known as Resolution 1295 took place in the year 2000. Which means that we could've been in China during the year 2000 or the year 1999.  The crazy thing about the assumption of all these time frames remains what we believe to be Moon's time line. It's possible for moon to have taken place in the 1960's... However, if World History is related to Treyarch Zombie history than we must connect the fact that when Apollo 11 landed in 1969 there was no Griffin Station. Therefore the station was built after the fact. No? Basically, if U.S. were the first to land on the moon according to story and world history, than that means the events on moon were happening after 1969 placing our characters somewhere between 1970 and 1990. The events in Tranzit could have taken place in 1949 or 1964 OR they didn't take place until after those dates of experiments. Possibly occurring between 1970 and 1990 alongside Moon's mysterious place in time. Die Rise and Buried must have take place between 1990 and 2000 simply because of their title's insinuations. All of this could be wrong but I like to connect World History with Fictional History just so I can tell my kids about the Real World while playing a Fake Game. 

Edit: As for Nacht not being in Germany, it is. Clearly stated it in the intro to the map. However, one thing that people forget is that this Nacht in Tranzit is referred to as "Prototype" so it's reasonable to say that Tranzit takes place after Richtofen shared the secrets of the Nazi Science. Operation Paperclip took place between 1949 and 1990. Placing Richtofen in the U.S. between 1949 and 1990. Therefore placing Tranzit's place in time between 1970 and 1990 along with Moon.

Edited by DrVonstool
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic