Map concept: Stadt der Fluch

Welcome, to my first map concept specifically formatted around the information we know about zombies as of May 04th 2015! Enjoy! 

First the teasers that prime our hype: 

Notes from Jessie: 

How long has it been? A year? Two? A decade? The tunnel collapsed last week, but I feel like it's been years sense we've spoken Harwind... I need to ask you a question.  I want to do it in person but I fear the consequences of waiting. Being apart from you for so long grows on.... Harwind, If you find this message, tell the others it's not safe here. They've broken the dam! I LO 

Hello again Harwind... Strange, feels like we just saw each other yesterday, yet, the tunnel collapsed last week. I hate this damn sewer, living off rats and poorly cultivated crops. We were raided again last week. Four stalks of corn ripped from the evo-gardens. Malsa was pissed.  But not as pissed as you'll be when you finish this letter. 

Strange, we've been in this colony for years, but just yesterday I swear I saw four guys I'd never seen before... One of them, the one with the funny hat asked where we were... Guy must have gone mad... We've been in this cavern for at least 2 years... "Were are we?" HA! Chicago: City of the Cursed. But it doesn't have to be my love... I 

How many times have I written you this letter Harwind? I love you.. I know I've written this before... Why does this feel like the first time? It always does... How many of these letters have you gotten? Any? Is the pneumatic broken? Did it ever work? 

Your lover is dead, and I know what you are. You can keep that voice in your head as long as you like, one day you'll admit it's there. I'll be there ready for you. I'm coming for you, for richtofen, and for everyone else in my way...I've crossed back over, and you are not staying Richtofen...  Yours truly: Sam. 

New mechanics: 

There's now a set up system: You can spawn in with one of (as of the moment) 3 starter weapons, you chose which perma-perks you have (Although they can somewhat damper the amount of XP you earn each match) and if you're playing a custom match, you can choose what your character looks like. And as with all my ideas: You can have different weapon variations in the box. 

XP: Works simply enough. You earn XP based off points and you lose it based on downs. You earn 1 point per kill. 2 points with a headshot. 1 extra point per round. You lose 10 points for going down the first time and 100 points for dieing. Going down again on the same round does not withdraw another 10 points. PAP a gun is worth 3 points. Reviving a teammate is 1 point. During double points XP gained is doubled. There's 50 levels and then 15 prestiges. Presteging each time earns you a gold version of a weapon. The max presteige opens up the golden ray-gun. Purely for looks, no other benefits. Each level one gains a new component to alter their weapons with, one can also purchase weapons and make their own in the gunsmith. One can also earn new weapons to replace others. 

Example: 

-Earned varient:  STG has an iron hilt. Appliable to all weapons of the same class. 

-Earned weapon: STG

-Created weapon: STG with iron hilt called "STIRON"

Moving on: 3 starter weapons: 

Classic M1911-> Mustang and Sally (futuristic looking now but same concept) 

Mauser-> Boomhilda 

Knife-> chain-blade: An epic melee weapon that stabs a zombie and sticks an explosive in it's chest (upgraded) that then goes off blowing the zombie and others nearby to bits! Only does this 15 times. The advantage of the normal knife is that it's 1 hit kill to round 3 as opposed to 1. 

Now the map: 
You play as the N4 characters again. In this map you're delving deeper into the after effects of what happened at buried. WELCOME to Chicago: City of the cursed. Be careful as mad factions of zombie-entusiest traverse the over world, as well as other horrors yet to be discovered. Try as you might, but only the cursed survive. The question now: Are you ready to die? 

Map opening: 

Single comic book page showing the N4 arriving to the map after falling into the chasm after the events of the war between maxis and richtofen. It also shows 4 other characters in the map who have teleported away as you arrived (don't worry, it's just the O4 which you get to play as in the bonus map which takes place in the dimension before this) 

Opening: the map: You spawn under an already powered tower which appears to be under maxis's control. 

Samuel: Hey... Where are we? 

Richtofen inside of samuel: We are back in america sammy! Art' you glad! We get to see your beloved BASEBALL and CHILDREN... Guh I think I might puke... 

Misty: You OK stu? 

Russman: Even weirder then usual... 

Marelton: (Whispers to stu) Look, stulinger, I don't know about the others, but I can see you're experiencing some form of dissociative pre-proposed personality switch. It's fascinating. Has this voice really been guiding us up til.. OH NO ZOMBIES! WHY IS IT ALWAYS ZOMBIES? EVERYWHERE WE GO IT'S ALWAYS THE ZOMBIES! 

You spawn near the top of the map, or the highest point at least, there's a tower above you but you won't use that for the easter egg (don't worry). Your first objective is to get off this building. It's too high up to just jump, but you can maneuver your way through the building's interior. When you hit the bottom and exit, you are not going to be able to re-enter that building again for the rest of the game. There's nothing in it thankfully, but there is an achievement for surviving 6 rounds in the first building. 

Quick revive area: You are now on the normal streets. Pretty cool here, you got a workbench in the corner, quick revive here, an empty box location, and if you look around you can find all 3 parts. 

I should mention the building system FOR THIS MAP is mirroring the buried one: You can hold one of each different type of item: 

Diffrent types of items: 

-Key

-One of the 5 buildables parts

-Easter egg component. 

-One Soul Prism each

Round 5: After exploring a bit, you may find that there is no apparent way to progress. This area may be prime for running trains, including a small amount of debris from a fallen plane that blocks the way, but the lack of weapons and zombies that will eventually take you out without jug, you need a way out. Then you come across a subway terminal in the area bellow. Unfortunately the line's blocked and there isn't much else you can do until the train comes.

I should mention that, like richtofen doing the whole "RAWR.. Cough cough... Cuse me... Ah.. Just getting used to the aether... Reeks havoc on the pipes... Ah yes right... " thing, this train's schedule only happens this way your first game. After the first game, the train will regularly start from the spawn. 

On round 5, the boss come: Voodoo maniacs they look like zombies only they've really just used futuristic technology to make themselves this way. They attack a bit like novas that stand instead of crawl. They're also not going to explode. After killing the first one, the rest start to panic moving faster and faster. At the end of the round you get a max amo, and the maniacs will start spawning normally in each round proving to be only a mild annoyance. 

After this round as well (for first time players) one can find the train has returned! You can hop on and pay 1000 to ride to your next destination. 

The train: How it works is you can buy it and it will take you where you need to, be sure to fight off zombie passengers, just like the bus. As for other motives of transportation: You can also walk between locations, however you risk 

-The dark

-The train. 

Should the train come in contact with you wile you're beneath it, you get some pretty typical results. Avoid it at all costs.

Furthermore the tunnels that separate the train stations are dark, and one can easily end up someplace they didn't mean to go. There arn't denizens like in tranzit, but the dark it's self can be very taxing. You should get a flashlight attachment before venturing out. 

Ok, I gots a powerpoint to BS through now for class, so we'll just pick this up again tomorrow!

Edited by Stop mocking me0
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the city in the only the cursed survive poster is Chicago right? I liked the dialogue stuff but I can't wait to hear what the map actually is.