legend of zelda wii U

Now, not much is known about this game yet other then it is BEAUTIFUL in scenery and will feature Link and a horse... And probably zelda... 

We don't even know when in the zelda timeline this takes place. (not that we ever do) Right now there are 3 big theories: 

1: The game takes place AFTER skyward sword, but BEFORE the minish cap. 

2: The game takes place after "Adventure of Link" 

3: The game could take place before the unification war (before Ocarina of time) 

Each of these have their own perks and a few downsides. 

For instance, if it is directly after skyward sword, we KNOW the end result is that hyrule will come out of it. The unification war will result in a similar experience. However, taking place after the adventure of link could mean ANYTHING could happen, which is both a perk and a downside. 

I want to know what you think of this! 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will take place in the Adult Timeline purely because it's not the same aesthetic as the others ie; Toon Link. It could still be in there, but I'm just basing it off that.

Honestly, I'd like it to take place between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess (Child Timeline) which I don't think it will, but one can wish. Or after Zelda II: Adventure of Link in the Failed Timeline.

I thought something like that, before a VERY rude youtube commenter gave me a run down of how "teen link" was never a thing, and that either would result in continuation of the child or adult time-lines... 

What would be REALLY cool actually is if this game took place between the "failed" and "child" time-lines and actually caused both time lines to converge in a multi-reality state. That would be epic IMO. 

What I know: It'll be good

What I don't know: Whether I'll be able to get it or not

What doesn't really matter at this point: The timeline. Seriously, though, we know next to nothing about the game, and you're wondering about the timeline? They had robots in the first chronological game. Technology is all over the place, so there isn't a way to place it yet. If I were you I'd wait till new information is released.