Both Origins and Ascension in alternate realities?

I see, but as time travel isn't a real thing, no one knows how it works for sure.

It just seems that the only thing that doesn't change within time travel would be the objects traveling. The walnut from the future traveling backwards would no longer exist in the future, it would exist in the past, it would age, decay and would not exist in the time it had originally.

Just like you exist today, but as of today, you don't exist tomorrow...

I think 3arch would stick to these kind of time travel rules, especially since there are mentions of paradoxes themselves. I heard a theory once that timelines can never be changed. If you go back in time and kill yourself the return to your time, the only thing that will happen is everything that had already happened. But the loop in zombies is itself a paradox, the same as in MotD and Shangri La. Time travel follows basic principals in them, but in the rest of Black Ops 2 it seems as if time is colliding with itself. So maybe the future can still exist and interact with the past, even though their isnt a future. Idk im just rambling a bit about time travel to be honest.

No problem rambling if it's entertaining, and I agree with you're statement, it's a loop that more than likely can't be changed, but we're trying to anyway.

That's why I think Samantha succeeds in rewriting the zombie universe, but time itself keeps some things constant, the zombie outbreak being one of them. It might be a controversial statement, but we may have just erased every map we've played, making a clean slate as we "repeat" the loop.

I can't help but think of a episode of futurama where the professor invents a rewind button for time, Fry takes the remote and hopes to propose to Leela, share the moment and rewind it to enjoy it as many times as he wants. Instead he thinks she doesn't want to marry him and jumps off a roof, on his decent down he sees leela, and realizes she was just late, he creates a time loops where he rewinds, but is still in free fall, basically being stuck in a loop of falling to his death. After MANY loops, the professor and crew find a way to stop Frys suicide.

We're looping again in the game, but the cut scene could imply that this time it's going to be different. Someone is aware of it, and my money is on Maxis, his "plan" could be anything from a cure to a diversion of the end of the world. It's definitely disputable and I'm probably way off the mark, but it's still fun to entertain ideas and think yourself into a headache :lol:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, but as time travel isn't a real thing, no one knows how it works for sure.

It just seems that the only thing that doesn't change within time travel would be the objects traveling. The walnut from the future traveling backwards would no longer exist in the future, it would exist in the past, it would age, decay and would not exist in the time it had originally.

Just like you exist today, but as of today, you don't exist tomorrow...

I think 3arch would stick to these kind of time travel rules, especially since there are mentions of paradoxes themselves. I heard a theory once that timelines can never be changed. If you go back in time and kill yourself the return to your time, the only thing that will happen is everything that had already happened. But the loop in zombies is itself a paradox, the same as in MotD and Shangri La. Time travel follows basic principals in them, but in the rest of Black Ops 2 it seems as if time is colliding with itself. So maybe the future can still exist and interact with the past, even though their isnt a future. Idk im just rambling a bit about time travel to be honest.

No problem rambling if it's entertaining, and I agree with you're statement, it's a loop that more than likely can't be changed, but we're trying to anyway.

That's why I think Samantha succeeds in rewriting the zombie universe, but time itself keeps some things constant, the zombie outbreak being one of them. It might be a controversial statement, but we may have just erased every map we've played, making a clean slate as we "repeat" the loop.

I can't help but think of a episode of futurama where the professor invents a rewind button for time, Fry takes the remote and hopes to propose to Leela, share the moment and rewind it to enjoy it as many times as he wants. Instead he thinks she doesn't want to marry him and jumps off a roof, on his decent down he sees leela, and realizes she was just late, he creates a time loops where he rewinds, but is still in free fall, basically being stuck in a loop of falling to his death. After MANY loops, the professor and crew find a way to stop Frys suicide.

We're looping again in the game, but the cut scene could imply that this time it's going to be different. Someone is aware of it, and my money is on Maxis, his "plan" could be anything from a cure to a diversion of the end of the world. It's definitely disputable and I'm probably way off the mark, but it's still fun to entertain ideas and think yourself into a headache :lol:

I love that episode! It is so good as it is a good way of showing the loop. As for the loop, when the timeline resets their memories obviously also do, but look at Origins, they kind of have glances at eachother thats kind of like "I know you?" same with in the Die Rise intro "Have we been here before?" I think though that the reason they remember it a bit is because they have done all of it before, I think at some point we will get too a map that is essentially the final part of the loop before it begins again. The EE would be essentially making the cycle continue, then if you loaded up the map again you could break it, a bit like MotD. Thats just my theory on where this is heading.

• 4 weeks later...

Origins may be in an alternate reality, yes. But I've honestly seen Ascension itself as more of an... "anomaly".

Why would Origins be in an alternate reality and the otherr maps not in one?

• Administrators
The word "alternate" is all relative. Origins would be in an alternate reality to Ascension, or Der Riese, or Nacht der Untoten, just as all the other maps are in an alternate reality to something else. You'd have to figure out what reality each one is in to figure out if they're even alternate, like Ascension and Origins may be different, but there may just be an alternate reality for each map, which at that point the story is as pointless as if it was all a dream. In my opinion, they're all in the same reality.

I think they are in the same reality, it makes more sense to me and it wouldnt be  good move for them. They havent given much evidence regrding it either its just that people want it to be alternate due to the ending. I think with the dice summit and all even motd can be in the same continuity but is at the same time in a loop of its own.