Power Switch Overcharge (Gameplay Mechanic Idea)

Power Switch Overcharge

So this is a gameplay mechanic Idea I have, and it's actually pretty simple.

Ok so people always say they want upgraded perks, but I think that could end up making a player overpowered. This idea adds a bit of balance while still giving a potential huge boost in player abilities.

Ok, so, let's just say once every 5 rounds a bunch of parts spawn in a certain area of the map. (It isn't supposed to be difficult to build or take time.) However one of the parts, a chip of 115, costs several thousand points to acquire, like 5000. The final product is basically a 115 superfuel injector. Attaching this to the power switch causes all of the perk machines to glow brighter and let off sparks, indicating that they are functioning beyond normal levels of power. During this time, all of the HUD perk icons get an electrified texture indicating that they are powered up. They all get the typical predictable "pro-perk" upgrades. Take extra hits with jug, run faster with stamin-up, etc. You basically get totally cranked. This effect lasts until the end of that round, and can only be built and used once every 5 rounds. The benefit is much greater in later rounds where the single round of activation lasts longer.

I think this would be useful enough in later rounds that people would consistently use it, but not worthwhile enough early on to where it would become abused to the point of being OP.

To clarify, it affects all perks owned by players during its time active. You don't have to buy the perk after it's been activated; it affects perks bought prior.

It could have other uses, like making other electrical things like traps stronger, but I wouldn't want it to affect pack a punch in any way, otherwise people would only ever PaP on their overcharged round. That would ruin it. Unless it just makes PaP weapons stronger for the one round, in which case that is acceptable (but also borderline OP.)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

t affects all perks owned by players during its time active. You don't have to buy the perk after it's been activated; it affects perks bought prior.

So we don't have to buy it after we activate this special feature, but if we do buy it during that round, we'd get the upgrade, correct? I guess my question is if it only affects the ones you've bought before the round or if they are all become affected?

Cool idea though, good thinking.

No I mean if you bought a perk while it was already active the newly bought perk would be upgraded for the duration too. Like you know how on tranzit if you turn the power off after buying a perk, you still have the icon, but it's faded? Basically the opposite of that. That was a stupid example. Ignore me.

I wouldn't want this to be a regular thing though, like maybe exclusive to one map.

• Administrators

No I mean if you bought a perk while it was already active the newly bought perk would be upgraded for the duration too. Like you know how on tranzit if you turn the power off after buying a perk, you still have the icon, but it's faded? Basically the opposite of that. That was a stupid example. Ignore me.

I wouldn't want this to be a regular thing though, like maybe exclusive to one map.

Yeah I gotcha! I like the idea, it would be cool to be implemented.

Or…. How about this: 

Overchargo-meter: Attach this to any perk machine (besides jug, there is no upgraded jug) and you have a 33% chance of it overcharging the perk, the downfall of this is, it can also burn-out the perk, in which for the next six rounds it will be entirely useless to those who bought it, or wish to buy it. It can also be attached to PAP and offer to supercharge your weapon with a 50% chance. Again however it has a downside of possibly destroying your weapon.