Perk Buffs, new health system and zombie AI....Concept

Welcome back.......

The future of Zombies is hazy and full of mystery....where will we go from Origins....what new plot twists await us...and what new game mechanics will be added to keep things fresh. Today I would like to Present a new Concept the at will allow players to reach even higher rounds and give players new objectives once you have all your perks. There is also a new adjustment to Zombie AI which will allow for more hectic games that don't result in training for 4 hours straight

For starters Imagine that in the Next game there is NO juggernog. Yes, that's right. I would like to get rid of Juggernog and Replace the double hit system with a Health bar system. In this way I would much rather have something that will not automatically down you or make you useless if you happen to lose all your perks during higher rounds such as 30 and above. Unless you are really good at clutching odds are you might not make it to juggernog in time during a solo match or when you spawn back in with only your pistol. So here is how it would work. Each Zombie has their own attack which decreases your health every time you get hit. However there is a health bar that goes down whenever you get hit. This is a rather big health bar However the Health Bar regenerates slowly rather than quickly. So once you get hit the health will take a bit to refill. The health bar will refill slow enough for zombies to still be a threat but at the same time it will allow players to not worry about their health so much. If you go down you can be revives with Half full Health Bar. Out of all of you out there How many times do you end up with juggernog in your Perk inventory? Almost always if you want to get to High rounds. Thus, this system will allow you to actually choose 4 perks rather than 3 perks. Now, you may ask. Wouldn't a larger health bar cause problems? Or perhaps even make the game too easy? Well that's where the next change is.

I think the Zombie AI is too simple for the Regular Zombes we encounter in many of the zombie maps we have seen. In Ascension we saw zombies that could dodge your bullets from time to time and do small rolls. However my plan is that Zombies will get somewhat smarter every round. For example, in a normal Game of zombies a Player may run circles around an area and train zombies. However by improving Zombie AI we could have Zombies that actually decide to not follow the train and instead run the other way and block you from this endless cycle. Or perhaps Zombies begin to tear down more than one Board from the windows. Here is a small list of AI changes that would occur as you go to higher levels adding new challenges and keeping the Game fresh.

1. Zombies will begin to dodge bullets from time to time

2. Zombies will tear down more than one board in window

3. Zombies will not follow the train and instead sometimes wander off to cut you off

4. Zombies will sometimes stand idle in front of Perk Machines

5. Zombies will sometimes double Hit you on purpose

6. Zombies will sometime target Players who are using the Box or Drinking a perk.

7. Zombies will sometimes move faster when you reload.

8. Zombies that have become crawlers will sometimes latch onto Player's legs and slow them down

9. Zombies will help break unbroken windows

10. Zombies will sometimes play dead then spring back to life and attack

The Final Aspect I would like to talk about is Perk Buffs. With Perk Buffs players will have a reason to save points once they have their game set up. The basic concept it this. Once you buy a perk once a small number will appear above your perk symbol. This represents the effectiveness of the Perk. Each perk has 3 levels and each time you purchase the perk you increase the level. Also note that each time you buy a perk the Price drastically increases. However if you go down you will only lose a level on each perk and if you die you will spawn back with no Perks. 

Double tap 1 increases the rate of your fire

Double tap 2 doubles your firepower

Double tap 3 allows your bullets to go through Multiple zombies at the same time

Speed Cola 1 Increases reload speed

Speed Cola 2 Increases your speed when Changing weapons

Speed Cola 3 If you change your weapon to a weapon that has 0/# bullets it will automatically be equipped with half a clip ready for use.

Quick Revive 1 Faster Revive

Quick Revive 2 Revive Players while downed if you had the perk before you went down

Quick Revive 3 Take less damage when reviving

I'm not gonna go too much into detail on the other perks. Perhaps you can come up with something. In the meantime. Tell me what you think. Is this something you would like to see in the next zombies game? Do you really enjoy training the undead for extended periods of time? 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's vary creative but I can't say I'm on board with this…. It seems overly complex and is designed to make the game more difficult, which many zombie noobs and new players won't want. Not to mention the workforce it would take away from things that everyone wants : Custom survival characters, improved bank system, improved rank system, and improved story, just to make the game harder. 

I'm all for an improved zombie AI (the first list of numbers), but when you think about it, the way you've set it up seems like a lot of coding for fairly simple features:

1- Like in ascension. 

2- That's not really needed the amount of window a zombie can tear down is hardly relevant on many maps such as origins, tranzit, die rise, and even MOTD. Windows are becoming more and more obsolete. 

3- That's what that slow buck of zombies are after round 15.

4-This seems unnecessary because the perk isn't going to move and therefor the zombie must eventually move or he will be killed easily. 

5-Jesus christ we do NOT need that…Glitchy double smacks are enough! 

6- Drinking a perk or hitting the box takes no longer then 20 seconds at MOST. Many players already clear the area of zombies or train them around nearby before even trying to hit it. 

7- If you're already moving slower when you reload training becomes kinda pointless because you WILL be caught and slapped before an RPD reload is done. 

8- OH JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR MIND SON!?!?! Although THIS is what the denizens should have been in tranzit. (But on round 30 one crawler is NOT going to slow me down and kill me!) 

9- …. Don't very much see the point...

10- Like when the foot lands near them in origins… Ok...

-I'm sorry but it's CALL OF DUTY Zombies. The health bar should have been there back in Nacht but since it wasn't we have to live by the way zombies is. The health bar could be really cool but I don't see it happening and it would be too much of a copy of other games (extinction,left for dead). I like the way COD Zombies has it's own unique ways.

-Many many people have brought this idea up (myself included) and yes it should happen and I like those ideas!

-I sorta can go with this idea it could be cool for maybe one specific map but I think what everybody wants is just pro perks but good idea!