The Breeder

Boom115

• Administrators

breeder_zpsf0e8c677.png

INTRODUCTION

The Breeder is the new boss on the Extinction Map Nightfall. The creature is two stories tall with Arachnid-esque features, and has similar metabolic adaptions to the scorpion and the rhino. The breeder serves two purposes in this map. The first would be that of a round boss; that must be partially defeat to progress. The second is removing barriers just by walking thought the map a key points. This happens automatically once all hives in the area are destroyed.The creature is first introduced in the beginning of the map as it impales a soldier with it's razor sharp claw.

stab_zpscebbe422.png

Although the soldier met a gruesome demise, things are looking up for the four players. Players can loot the soldiers body before it is even cold. This is where the new DLC weapon the  Maverick Assault Rifle can be obtained.

MaverickAR_CODG.png

Attacks and Abilities

Gatling Gun: The Breeder has the ability to shoot projectiles from it's arms that appear very similar to a gatling gun. When the creature will crouches and and it's arms glow and yellow it is about to shoot. This attack deals a large amount of damage, and it is best to just take cover. The characters also have dialogue to indicate when it is about to shoot.

Image4_zps8d10abc6.png

Gas Cloud: Similar to the Scorpion, The Breeder can propel a poison gas across the map. The gas can harm all players including the medic class and it will not dissipate for 60 seconds.

Image5_zps192f4725.png

Melee: As seen at the start of the game the Breeder's melee attack is extremely powerful. It will only deal melee if you are in close proximity and will put the player's health to an immediate red screen.

Eggs: Three yellow eggs will be shot out at a time and can be easily destroyed. However if they are not destroyed fast enough they will hatch into Hunters.

Image6_zpse81e68d1.png

Boss Battles

First Fight: The first encounter is essentially a game of red light/green light. The Breeder will attempt one of it's attacks and you simply need to stay out of it's way.

Strategy: In solo or co op have one player max out their portable turret. If the team is using multiple it is best to keep them separate so there is always a functioning gun if the other has been gassed. To do damage the creature must be hit directly in the glowing spot on it's face. Using this strat will bring down the Breeder in under a minute.

Image7_zps97d96737.png

Second Fight: In the second encounter the Breeder will still be stationary. However, it will have 360 degree mobility. This is more of an arena style battle, where waves of cryptids are called on to protect their queen. There are also pods that must be destroyed. Otherwise it will regenerate the Breeder's health. The pods will generate after the health bar has been reduced to 50% for the first time. Unlike the first fight the breeder has two exposed locations this time around. The second in on the creatures torso and is only available when the creature collapses at each 25% mark.

Image8_zps2bd4854b.png

After Completing the battle the Survived Nightfall achievement is unlocked.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Awesome, but can you provide some more tips on the boss battle? Like, how effective is the Venom-X? I've tried using it on her and I heard that it gets her to kneel and be exposed, but I can't seem to quite pull it off.

Most definitely, after I've beaten it more than once :D I don't have an exact strategy as of yet. Care to give it a go?

When fighting the last one, stay behind that low wall by the building. It makes it easy.

The weapon x aims weird and does in a lob. It well take out one of the 'regeneration flower pods' in one shot.

Nightfall is much easier than point of contact overall, unless solo.

Never before have I disagreed so hard.

It is actually pretty easy if everyone just does their job.

Nice guide, Boom.  It'd be awesome if you could show some of the torso points to hit during the final boss battle.  I'm always a bit lost at where they are.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is the Nightfall map design, keeping players together, so then it goes smoother.

I've had a few agree that Nightfall is easier and a few veteran players say poc was easier. I guess it's a personal thing. I have almost beaten poc solo, i can't get past the first breeder in solo nf.

So my solo opinion is that nf is harder.

Unrelated: I'll take plush aliens over exploding snowmen any day. :)